Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Woodleg

by Woodleg

treyxt wrote:If I am transferring my Rotor 3D+ (30mm spindle) cranks over to the OSTRO, will I need to purchase a new BB for the frame? Or will it come with the adapters necessary to fit my crankset without needing a new BB? Rotor just came out with their T47 BB apparently so good timing if I need it.

Last I heard from Factor, OSTRO should be delievered in June if I were to put my order in now.

Also, what do you all think rider height limit would be for the 58cm? I'm rather tall, but 90cm inseam makes me think I can make it work with a 130 or 140 stem. (195.4cm height)
No, you don't have to buy a new BB. The Ceramicspeed T47 BB is originally for 30mm axles, and comes with extra 24mm adapters for Shimano cranksets.

Enviado desde mi AGS2-W09 mediante Tapatalk

treyxt

by treyxt

Woodleg wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:31 pm
treyxt wrote:If I am transferring my Rotor 3D+ (30mm spindle) cranks over to the OSTRO, will I need to purchase a new BB for the frame? Or will it come with the adapters necessary to fit my crankset without needing a new BB? Rotor just came out with their T47 BB apparently so good timing if I need it.

Last I heard from Factor, OSTRO should be delievered in June if I were to put my order in now.

Also, what do you all think rider height limit would be for the 58cm? I'm rather tall, but 90cm inseam makes me think I can make it work with a 130 or 140 stem. (195.4cm height)
No, you don't have to buy a new BB. The Ceramicspeed T47 BB is originally for 30mm axles, and comes with extra 24mm adapters for Shimano cranksets.

Enviado desde mi AGS2-W09 mediante Tapatalk
I appreciate the info!

I wonder if they'll sell me the UDi2 build without the crankset lol
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

i think you're too big for the 58 unless you're used to a pro-style fit with alot of bar drop. that's just me though. what are you riding now? can you post a pic?

treyxt

by treyxt

FactoryMatt wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 pm
i think you're too big for the 58 unless you're used to a pro-style fit with alot of bar drop. that's just me though. what are you riding now? can you post a pic?
right now I have a (sigh) synapse 61cm. I have a -17 degree stem with it slammed as low as it'll go, but it will still be dropped quite a bit lower with this bike of course. I'm very flexible, so I'm interested. I'll be getting fitted on a GURU Dynamic Fit Unit for this bike bfore I ever pull the trigger to make sure I can take the much more aggresive geo compared to what I'm riding now. I have riden an SL7 at 61cm which was a good fit. The ostro doesn't seem too far off from the 61 SL7 from what I see from this geometry overlay: https://bikeinsights.com/compare?geomet ... 7dc4b96%2C
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

it looks like 130mm stem is the longest they go.

compared to the SL7 15mm lower and 10mm shorter is nothing to sneeze at.

http://www.bikegeo.net/

you can compare your cannondale fit, including stem, to both the factor and SL7 on the site above.

FabianV

by FabianV

cloud9blue wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 pm
I have been back and forth with Factor sales team recently. Sram and Shimano 11speed builds can be delivered in June. Full framesets even sooner, May. No clue on when 12 speed Dura Ace though, which what I would like.
May would be great. When I ordered mine the LBS said Factor had the Ostro in stock, but that was before the problems with the plug. Also he sold three in one week. I hope to get a eta soon.

barbaar

by barbaar

Doubt that on delivery times..

Still waiting for the correct barstem. It takes factor almost 2 months now to get it to the LBS..
Fuctor Ostro - Campy EPS SR Disc 12sp/P2M NG
Ridley R12 - Campy EPS Record 11sp/P2M NGEco
Thrust something - Campy Chorus/Record mechanical/P2M NGEco

No, that's not a typo

iggg

by iggg

I ordered a frameset a few weeks ago, and was told it would be delivered by end-of-May

topcarbon

by topcarbon

just spoke with Marcel and they are onto end of June for complete bikes.
Im on the fence
Ostro Van, Canyon, Filante
[img][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/topcarbon/sig_topcopy.png[/img]/img]

Geraint

by Geraint

treyxt wrote:
I'm sure they would. I asked them a similar question last autumn when I was considering an Ostro, I wanted an Ultegra Di2 build with a Rotor inPower crankset (or no crankset to use my existing parts) and they were happy to give me a quote for a few different options. Just fill in the quote form on the website and don't be afraid to ask for what you'd ideally like - they will try to help you, if they can't then they'll just say no.

It was apparent that the more you buy, the better the value of the package you get, so that's worth bearing in mind.

treyxt

by treyxt

Geraint wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:44 pm
treyxt wrote:
I'm sure they would. I asked them a similar question last autumn when I was considering an Ostro, I wanted an Ultegra Di2 build with a Rotor inPower crankset (or no crankset to use my existing parts) and they were happy to give me a quote for a few different options. Just fill in the quote form on the website and don't be afraid to ask for what you'd ideally like - they will try to help you, if they can't then they'll just say no.

It was apparent that the more you buy, the better the value of the package you get, so that's worth bearing in mind.
They said no for the crankset bit. But I just got another response saying they'll cover shipping duties and taxes if I purchase before the end of this week... They're really trying to get rid of these things. Makes me think I should wait..

mgrl

by mgrl

I suspect they're trying to get rid of the groupset as much as anything else if they have a lot of udi2.

(I will note that to match the slammed -17 synapse 61 on the ostro would take a massive 40mm of spacers)

treyxt

by treyxt

mgrl wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:09 pm
I suspect they're trying to get rid of the groupset as much as anything else if they have a lot of udi2.

(I will note that to match the slammed -17 synapse 61 on the ostro would take a massive 40mm of spacers)
I appreciate that, but not too worried as I'm not going to be buying anything until I get a proper fit. I am stuck right now between Factor OSTRO, Ventum NS1, Derosa SK/Merak, and Tarmac SL7...

The SK/NS1/SL7 all come in larger sizes than the OSTRO/Merak so I feel like I may end up with one of these, but if I can make it work the OSTRO is the dream bike...

mgrl

by mgrl

The Ostro is a lovely looking bike for sure - and as I could fairly easily cycle to Factor and back in a day I'm going to count them as local.

But I'm the same height as you, and even with a pretty aggressive position (over 20cm of saddle bar drop) the 58 is just too small. My 61 Tarmac fits great, though.

treyxt

by treyxt

mgrl wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:54 pm
The Ostro is a lovely looking bike for sure - and as I could fairly easily cycle to Factor and back in a day I'm going to count them as local.

But I'm the same height as you, and even with a pretty aggressive position (over 20cm of saddle bar drop) the 58 is just too small. My 61 Tarmac fits great, though.
What's your inseam?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com