Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

0. 25 is old school. but keep in mind the 52 runs a degree steeper STA than the 54. this is worth 10-15mm in forward positioning of saddle vis a vis. put another way it limits rearward adjustment by 10-15 versus the 54.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

I think the d shape can work well but obviously requires good tolerance on parts. Ridley also uses d shape steerer on their ridley noah bike and all seems fine. I’d prefer normal steerer shape thats been tested and tried as well but here we are.

ericlambi

by ericlambi

My bike shop told me that they finally heard from Factor ... take a rolling chassis or get a full bike in 2022. This was for a launch order Ostro, lol. Not sure what my bike shop might have access to, but I can't find a single group set online, so dunno what good the chassis is going to do, but the bike shop made the executive decision to take it.

jeho

by jeho

random question regard T47 BB on the Ostro.

Does the rolling chassis (pizza box) kit come with Adapter cups already to fit DUB style cranks? along with bb30/24mm shimano/rotor cranks?

or do all these need to be purchased separately?
@ichobi maybe you know since you built one recently? Thanks

mrlobber

by mrlobber

ericlambi wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:21 pm
My bike shop told me that they finally heard from Factor ... take a rolling chassis or get a full bike in 2022. This was for a launch order Ostro, lol.
Obviously, not Factor's fault... the whole industry right now is f***ed. However, I've heard that even for frames/framesets (probably due to various small parts etc) lead times have significantly increased everywhere.
jeho wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:12 pm
random question regard T47 BB on the Ostro.

Does the rolling chassis (pizza box) kit come with Adapter cups already to fit DUB style cranks? along with bb30/24mm shimano/rotor cranks?

or do all these need to be purchased separately?
AFAIK, O2 comes only with either 30mm native BB or 24mm reducer, no Dub. My guess would be with Ostro is the same. Of course, you could ask Factor themselves, I think, after they've now solved that steerer plug issue, they'd be fast to respond :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Konsi

by Konsi

ericlambi wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:21 pm
My bike shop told me that they finally heard from Factor ... take a rolling chassis or get a full bike in 2022. This was for a launch order Ostro, lol. Not sure what my bike shop might have access to, but I can't find a single group set online, so dunno what good the chassis is going to do, but the bike shop made the executive decision to take it.
I would have access to everything but a frame for a Scott Foil, it is really a weird year for buying cycling stuff (also have everything here for a gravel bike, but Cinelli has pushed back delivery of the frame by 5 months already).

bluebottle81

by bluebottle81

jeho wrote: Does the rolling chassis (pizza box) kit come with Adapter cups already to fit DUB style cranks? along with bb30/24mm shimano/rotor cranks?
Mine came with reducers for DUB. There is a second set which I presume was for 24mm cranks (am out of town so can't check)

ericlambi

by ericlambi

mrlobber wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Obviously, not Factor's fault... the whole industry right now is f***ed. However, I've heard that even for frames/framesets (probably due to various small parts etc) lead times have significantly increased everywhere.
Agreed. Luckily, my shop has a new bike takeoff ultegra Di2 gruppo, so will just go with that until DA 12sp is available. I kind of feel guilty about even getting a new bike given the supply issues ... definitely don't need it, just think it's a sharp looking bike and was ready to try out a disc road bike.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

BTW, ISN were back on Ostros for GP Miguel Indurain yesterday, so at least for +/- ok roads they're cleared to race them. Let's see what happens today at Flanders.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

FabianV

by FabianV

Today Sep is using the Ostro at Flanders or am I wrong?

Woodleg

by Woodleg

FabianV wrote:Today Sep is using the Ostro at Flanders or am I wrong?
You are right. Sep, who has finished 5th, and the rest of the ISN riders I've seen.
At least Van Asbroeck and Hofstetter.

Enviado desde mi AGS2-W09 mediante Tapatalk

cloud9blue

by cloud9blue

I have been back and forth with Factor sales team recently. Sram and Shimano 11speed builds can be delivered in June. Full framesets even sooner, May. No clue on when 12 speed Dura Ace though, which what I would like.

treyxt

by treyxt

If I am transferring my Rotor 3D+ (30mm spindle) cranks over to the OSTRO, will I need to purchase a new BB for the frame? Or will it come with the adapters necessary to fit my crankset without needing a new BB? Rotor just came out with their T47 BB apparently so good timing if I need it.

Last I heard from Factor, OSTRO should be delievered in June if I were to put my order in now.

Also, what do you all think rider height limit would be for the 58cm? I'm rather tall, but 90cm inseam makes me think I can make it work with a 130 or 140 stem. (195.4cm height)
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

kode54

by kode54

I’m pretty sure it comes with a CeramicSpeed BB. All my Factor bikes came with one, even the LS.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

treyxt

by treyxt

That doesn't really help with my question lol
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr