Factor Ostro

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

MikeZ

by MikeZ

sweet...thanks for that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Anyone with a zero-offset seatpost interested in trading for a setback seatpost?

I have the setback, and I'm thinking i should have ordered the zero.

mathias720

by mathias720

i just got my frameset and waiting to build it up(waiting for handlebar in other size) i was wondering what small upgrades you guys made to your bike.
both for aero, and weight bennefit.
i am talking chaining the bolts to titanium, darimo seatpost, 140/140 rotos, other lighter garminwahoo mount(i am working with magcad on a new one for wahoo)
anything else you guys changed that aint obvious or any other factor ostro vam only parts that i didnt find(like the darimon seatpost)

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

mathias720 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:49 am
i just got my frameset and waiting to build it up(waiting for handlebar in other size) i was wondering what small upgrades you guys made to your bike.
i am talking chaining the bolts to titanium, darimo seatpost, 140/140 rotos, other lighter garminwahoo mount(i am working with magcad on a new one for wahoo)
anything else you guys changed that aint obvious or any other factor ostro vam only parts that i didnt find(like the darimon seatpost)
Don't go 140 front disc.
I tried it, and there simply isn't enough power and I only weigh 65kgs.
Even the 160 is lacking IMO.
I do like to descend hard and fast, but still, the DA DM 9100 rim brakes on my Sworks were far better.

Otherwise, Darimo seatpost, tuned Garmin mount, chop down the drops on the bars (too long), it's all on my Youtube channel!!

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

mathias720 wrote:

mathias720

by mathias720

cyclespeed wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:13 pm
mathias720 wrote:
Don't go 140 front disc.
I tried it, and there simply isn't enough power and I only weigh 65kgs.
Even the 160 is lacking IMO.
I do like to descend hard and fast, but still, the DA DM 9100 rim brakes on my Sworks were far better.

Otherwise, Darimo seatpost, tuned Garmin mount, chop down the drops on the bars (too long), it's all on my Youtube channel!!
i will look into the Tune mount, didnt notice that yet. and might see how light the magcad 3d printed mount ends up.
about the 140mm disc i live in denmark and we dont have mountain, barely hills. i have the 140mm atm. so will try them. i itend to go 160x2 when i am going to the alps and doing decends. once or twice a year.

mathias720

by mathias720

also anyone found any other integrated handlebars that will work with the ostro? maybe a even more aero version.
the shop i got the frame from is having a hard time getting the right size handlebar so might opt for something different if possible to save watts on more aero or save a bit of weight.

what did people find works ? and do all regular stems (with hollow internal off course) work with the integrated cables down the steerer. might go for my extralite stem and enve road handlebars if thats an option aswell.

ichobi

by ichobi

Just buy black inc. normal stem the new one has hole in it and you then can use with some 3rd party bars that allows for internal routing, which are most bars these days really.

rhender

by rhender

ichobi wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:17 pm
Just buy black inc. normal stem the new one has hole in it and you then can use with some 3rd party bars that allows for internal routing, which are most bars these days really.
How does that work? It just looks like a normal stem. I see that Black Inc has a note on the product page that it works with "electric and disc brake systems" but it's not very clear. Are there any diagrams or anything that show how the routing is done?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

ichobi wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:17 pm
Are you sure the hole is sufficient for 2 brake hoses + Di2 wire (if we talk about Ostro & O2 VAM wiring)? To me, it doesn't look like it's the case at all.
Bikes I know something of:
Vial Evo Ultra | SS Evo 1 & 2 | R5D | S5 | S5D | P5 | O2 V.A.M D | AR FRD | Addict SL | Plasma 3 | SL6 | Orca | Orca OMX D | Boone D | 596

ichobi

by ichobi

Although i haven't tried myself, I emailed and asked Factor directly. They sent me this pic and said that the cables will go through the stem just fine. Some of the ISN team use this option when they dont want to use the one piece bar stem.
images.jpeg

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Ahh, with this pic, yes, it looks it should fit (on Black Inc website, the render shows a tiny hole). A nice option to take into account.
Bikes I know something of:
Vial Evo Ultra | SS Evo 1 & 2 | R5D | S5 | S5D | P5 | O2 V.A.M D | AR FRD | Addict SL | Plasma 3 | SL6 | Orca | Orca OMX D | Boone D | 596

mathias720

by mathias720

with the provided bar is it possible to use regular round spacers on top of the bars? i dont wanna cut to much of the steerer at first while trying the fitment. so wanna add 10mm un top. i looked at chris froomes bike, he has a round spacer on top, but looks a bit different than usual (looks to be tapered and fit inside stem )
can i just use regular 10mm round spacer on top ?
Skærmbillede 2022-04-27 124847.png
Found the answer here: https://www.facebook.com/blackincw/post ... 054565757/

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Not really an upgrade, but a hack:

I made the Black Inc computer mount work with Quad Lock:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca-UZfCOrM3/

MysticRiver

by MysticRiver

How does one adjust the angle of the saddle? If I unscrew the rail clamp it seems like it can only go back on at one angle...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com