Factor Ostro

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Factor50 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:08 am
cyclespeed wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 am
I'm starting to suspect that there are issues for cable routing in the Ostro, hence the 3rd design of the steerer to hold them in place better inside the steerer.

My brakes are constantly losing pressure and need rebleeding about once every month or 2, (1500 to 3000kms). Last time, the front was so f&/(d that it was unbleedable and had to be completely stripped down. I think the hydro cables are getting trapped and / or kinking.
Hi, just wanted to check what brakes losing pressure feels like? I'm not hugely mechanically minded, but notice that my brake feel (especially on the rear) is pretty poor lately. Grabbing handfuls of brake and not much happening until I'v got the levers virtually right against the bars. Is this what you're experiencing?

I'm due in for a service soon, so will flag to the LBS as an issue if this is the same thing you're talking about.
Yes exactly. It's a constant problem for me, front and rear. My LBS says the pistons get dirty and let air in. He's offering to send my brakes back to Shimano but that means no bike all summer.

I hate disc brakes.......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

I changed wheelsets and had to press the pistons back in to adjust for resin pads (had metallic in as OEM). Pressing in the pistons made a gurgling noise and noticed some mineral oil on the pads which were making noise on my last few rides. I suspect that there was some leaking by the pistons. So I pressed them all the way back in with bleed screw open, put the new pads in and did a few rides. Seems that might have fixed the leak or air getting in. No issues or noise now. (12 speed calipers)
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ericlambi

by ericlambi

splashofmocha wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:36 pm
Has anyone fitted a non integrated stem with an external handlebar onto the ostro vam? context I have a zipp stem and want to fit them to my 38 mmm handlebars
Yes, I have a Black Inc handlebar and FSA os99 stem. You need a handlebar with a central exit hole and a hollow stem, in which case I believe its pretty easy (though I don't do this stuff myself, so don't know for sure).

Creative79

by Creative79

Hello. It's a new black Inc handlebar that is testing froome and will be on the market soon. A team runner confirmed it to me

Scott2017

by Scott2017

Creative79 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:36 am
Hello. It's a new black Inc handlebar that is testing froome and will be on the market soon. A team runner confirmed it to me
Thanks for the info. Always seemed a little weird to me that they designed an integrated aero bike from the ground up but then gave it an off-the-shelf cockpit. Also thought the original barstem didn't quite match the aesthetic of the bike.

AXA

by AXA

Hello, what's the right tool for the installation and removal of the Ceramic Speed T47 BB?
I want to use a torque wrench, BBT-69.3 from parktool?

ArtV

by ArtV

I bought the tool directly from ceramicspeed. I imagine I overpaid but it worked.

csteenbe

by csteenbe

AXA wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:53 pm
Hello, what's the right tool for the installation and removal of the Ceramic Speed T47 BB?
I want to use a torque wrench, BBT-69.3 from parktool?
Used the Parktool, works fine.

I used the BBT-47 Bottom Bracket Tool BBT-47-16.

You know that the torque settings are different as said on CS cups, 40nm on NDS and 30nm on the DS recommended by Factor.

I used also r.s.p. Creak Freak assembly paste, recommended by Factor.

AXA

by AXA

Thanks for the help!
Anyway in love with this bike, just need a better set of wheels to replace the Zipp 303s.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Is anyone running an Sworks SL7 stem? I ordered th wrong size bar stem combo. I contacted Factor and they offered 25% off for me being an idiot, which I thought was nice. After the offer they went ghost on me. I have left voicemails, 5 emails, and chat sessions that never get responded to. I cant beleive the N Amewrcian service. 12k on a bike, I wannt to spend more and cant get a reply to save my life. Anyway, rant over. I am looking at an SL7 stem with Enve bars now. I wanted to know if the connection to the spaceres is aesthetically ok

Fabvr6

by Fabvr6

Hi fellow Ostro owners,

first post here, i received my size 54 after about 2 months, mechanic assembled it, took it out for a ride yesterday, and the seatpost got lose and slipped.
took out my tool, adjusted it back up and hand tighten it, but the seat wont stay in place after jumping back on the bike to ride. tried to tighten the bolt again, but the bolt just free spin after a certain depty. Had to call my wife to pick me up as i didnt want to damage the bolt.

called my bike mechanic over, we took the bolt out and also the clamp, just put the bolt in without the clamp, it will go all the way in. put the clamp back, but the bolt again will free spin at a certain depth and wont clamp the seatpost in place.

Anybody else have this issue? I weight 185lb , albeit on the heavier side, wasnt expecing this.

I heard from another source that Factor had change their seatpost clamp design this year, not sure if thats true or not.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fab

ArtV

by ArtV

Hapsmo911 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:38 pm
Is anyone running an Sworks SL7 stem? I ordered th wrong size bar stem combo. I contacted Factor and they offered 25% off for me being an idiot, which I thought was nice. After the offer they went ghost on me. I have left voicemails, 5 emails, and chat sessions that never get responded to. I cant beleive the N Amewrcian service. 12k on a bike, I wannt to spend more and cant get a reply to save my life. Anyway, rant over. I am looking at an SL7 stem with Enve bars now. I wanted to know if the connection to the spaceres is aesthetically ok
They ghosted me too after inquiring about the cable rattling inside my frame 30 days ago. I only spend $8K though. Sorry but no experience with the Sworks stem spacers.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

ArtV wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:45 pm
Hapsmo911 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:38 pm
They ghosted me too after inquiring about the cable rattling inside my frame 30 days ago. I only spend $8K though. Sorry but no experience with the Sworks stem spacers.

Oddly they called me today. Nice guy on the phone took care of me. Mentioned some change in their internal software Whatever, he was nice and honored the deal. Im happy.

For the cable routing, i slid some foam pad around my cables, you can get it at most bike shops. Not sure if youve tried that?

ArtV

by ArtV

I have the foam tubing. Tried going in through the bar/stem but it was too tight or the foam wasn't stiff enough (twss). Going to take off a BB cup and go in through the BB to get to the cable (drive side I believe). Just gathering my courage and waiting on the Morgan Blue stuff Factor recommended to arrive. I was unable to find the Creak Freak stuff in the US.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

I would spray some liquid lube in the foam dampener before sliding the hydraulic hose in. Helps to get the foam tube all the way down towards the BB. The hose rattle may also be from another source inside the frame...chainstay?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc