Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

All Parts & Components have arrived....next stop bike shop for assembly.....as I don‘t have motivation currently to build my own bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Woodleg

by Woodleg

alexneumuller wrote:All Parts & Components have arrived....next stop bike shop for assembly.....as I don‘t have motivation currently to build my own bike.

You need more than motivation for building a bike. So it's ok if just stay there staring at the process while having a cup of coffee.
This is what I did.
I have almost all the tools needed, but don't have the right workspace to do it correctly.
Next one. ImageImage

Enviado desde mi AGS2-W09 mediante Tapatalk

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I have all the tools and space required to build. Just feeling particularly lazy. :)

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

tomtom

by tomtom

alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:35 am
All Parts & Components have arrived....next stop bike shop for assembly.....as I don‘t have motivation currently to build my own bike.

One of the fun parts of owning/buying a bike normally I think.....but you have so many (build?) that maybe that fun got a bit away :shock: ? Because with such a beautiful bike/frame and parts there should be a LOT of fun in building it up :thumbup:
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

kode54

by kode54

With all the bikes in your stable...the maintenance can be overwhelming at best.

I don't blame you...although I could probably put it together faster than waiting to have a LBS put it together.
I'd be curious what you thought after putting on the Lightweight wheels.
alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am
I have all the tools and space required to build. Just feeling particularly lazy. :)

- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

bluebottle81

by bluebottle81

Got my frameset (finally!), a Peach 58 weighing in at 961g with all hardware removed.

I would roughly guess that the larger frame size adds 80-100g (relative to the 52 Flickr at 780g) which suggests the Sicilian Peach colorway is another 80-100g. But then again the peach coloured fork weighs 415g which is lighter than I’ve seen for forks in the Flickr.

The peach colorway definitely looks better in person than in the pictures. Looks much better under bright light vs dull light (see photos below).

That said I decided a while ago I’d get it repainted and it's going to the paint shop this weekend.

IMG_1165.jpeg
IMG_1173.jpeg
IMG_1166.jpeg

Maddie

by Maddie

Sure about that custom paintjob? What a pity, I think it looks great

bluebottle81

by bluebottle81

Yeah I definitely reconsidered when I got the frameset, but it's still not quite what I was after.

I've been quite keen on a custom paint job anyways - in the context of the overall cost of the bike it is a small cost to pay to really love the way it looks

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

tomtom wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

One of the fun parts of owning/buying a bike normally I think.....but you have so many (build?) that maybe that fun got a bit away :shock: ? Because with such a beautiful bike/frame and parts there should be a LOT of fun in building it up :thumbup:
I totally agree that the fun part is building the bike.....however I for one am not the best builder......I manage, but it takes to long. And I have a fantastic mechanic who builds my bikes at a local bike shop 5mins away.

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

kode54 wrote:With all the bikes in your stable...the maintenance can be overwhelming at best.

I don't blame you...although I could probably put it together faster than waiting to have a LBS put it together.
I'd be curious what you thought after putting on the Lightweight wheels.
alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am

Maintenance is relative simple.......and if it required a complete take apart job and rebuild, then I usually give it to my mechanic. Unless I have enough time on my ha d to do it myself.

Had the Lightweights Fernwegs on my Venge and loved them. Tires on them are not my first choice....but for the Crappy Spring Roads they do just fine.

Strava
Instagram

Factor50

by Factor50

I got the DHL tracking details of mine today - it's finally due to arrive tomorrow!

Factor told me it's pretty much ready to ride out of the box, save for putting wheels on...let's see (I didn't order a frameset, I was meant to head to Hethel to collect a built bike, but COVID happened).

Feels like I won't be riding it any time soon as it's constantly raining and work is absolutely mental currently. Dreaming of long summer days on the bike :D

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

alexneumuller wrote:

Quite possibly the most cool bling wheels available you have there!
The new design (these) absolutely is something else compared to the previous models.
LW should have same design but a more shallow depth. 40-47mm or such!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

tomtom

by tomtom

alexneumuller wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:32 am
tomtom wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

I totally agree that the fun part is building the bike.....however I for one am not the best builder......I manage, but it takes to long. And I have a fantastic mechanic who builds my bikes at a local bike shop 5mins away.

Okay....you're forgiven :mrgreen: !
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

Robius

by Robius

Full review by Alex Dowsett: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_fHNUb_-1s
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

Honest review, I like it. Alex obviously very much likes his new bike.
But 7.75kg?! And that's with speedplay and DA groupset. Even though I believe it's a fantastic piece of kit, that weight is disappointing