Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

When I finally make it back to the UK (wife is English) ..... and I tend to spend a fair amount of time just South of Guildford (Parents in Law) ..... then I would love to see your bike collection....especially once you have the Sturdy Aero ....... :) Now i m just hoping you ride around a 56/58. ;)

[/quote]
Oh and yes, U.K. in west Berkshire.. hence why almost all my bikes are British 😂
[/quote]
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

alexneumuller wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:01 pm
When I finally make it back to the UK (wife is English) ..... and I tend to spend a fair amount of time just South of Guildford (Parents in Law) ..... then I would love to see your bike collection....especially once you have the Sturdy Aero ....... :) Now i m just hoping you ride around a 56/58. ;)

Have emailed you 👌

Oh and yes, U.K. in west Berkshire.. hence why almost all my bikes are British 😂
[/quote]
[/quote]
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

obviouslyyuu

by obviouslyyuu

I see that you guys are talking about Sturdy Aero but I don't see it on his website?

Visus

by Visus

obviouslyyuu wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:23 pm
I see that you guys are talking about Sturdy Aero but I don't see it on his website?
Neuralizer1.png

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

obviouslyyuu wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:23 pm
He still developing it, mine will be the third one he has made but the first hasn't been done yet hence why not on his website. However ask him about it and he will tell all. Should be an absolute weapon!!
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

obviouslyyuu

by obviouslyyuu

Should I be afraid of the price if I am willing to pay for a baum?

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

obviouslyyuu wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:05 am
Should I be afraid of the price if I am willing to pay for a baum?
I'll start a new thread as feel bad we have hijacked the Ostro one..
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

obviouslyyuu

by obviouslyyuu

Yes. Apologies.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Thinking of adding the Ostro to the stable. I do have a 54 Tarmac Sl7 that ai enjoy enough. Anyone have, or has ridden both enough to give a fare comparison? By the numbers they are close. Looks like the factor may be slightly more sluggish into the turns?

aham23

by aham23

I need a Black Inc 40/100 bar stem combo for my build if anyone has one "laying" around. US. Thanks.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Anyone notice Van Asbroeck tightening his headset during Paris Roubaix. He loosened the stem, tightened the top cap bolt, and then re-tightened the stem. All at about 45 km/h. Rode around holding an allen key in his mouth. I figured this thread would have lit up when I saw that.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The reworked Ostro / O2 VAM headset cannot really come loose unless it wasn't tightened properly in the first place, because the preload nut threads are now integrated into the steerer and there's no slippage possible.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Woodleg

by Woodleg

Not the first one, as Sagan did the same on 2018 on his Specialized.
The cobbles are so hard to handle for any bike. Image

Enviado desde mi AGS2-W09 mediante Tapatalk

FabianV

by FabianV

And Sagan won the race on that bike, but I didn't like seeing van Asbroeck working on his bike. I'm still waiting on my bike which I ordered in March.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Heavily considering this bike as well. My go-to shop carries Factor.

I peeped the Force build w/ Black Inc 45s and handlebar ~ 10k CAD which I think is highly competitive at this price point. I dont care much for Ceramic Speed parts but would welcome it. Also love the fact I can pick and choose my handlebar at no extra cost. For my size Id still land in the low 7KGs mark which saves me a full 1.6KG from my old Aero bike

My only extra cost is maybe a Red crank for some bling. Im one of the few who likes it despite the cheese grater design.

For the same price:

SL7 Pro but they only offer it in a 1x. Also dont like how Specialized uses 10r or lower on the cheaper models. I may not feel the difference but I like companies that have a uniform layup across 1 model

Emonda SLR7. Only thing I dont like is Ill need to swap handlebars and Im not too keen on the wheelset. Would like something deeper

Time to maybe sell my other bike 🤔

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com