Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mathias720

by mathias720

So i here is a complete parts list of mine.
i am racing my bike so have to stay above the 6.8kg limit, but i am constantly trying to find the most aero solutions and still keeping it at 6.8kg.
Uden titel.jpg
i have a lightweight setup with light wheels,cassette and chainrings for the alps that gets me to around 6.2kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

mathias720 wrote:So i here is a complete parts list of mine.
i am racing my bike so have to stay above the 6.8kg limit, but i am constantly trying to find the most aero solutions and still keeping it at 6.8kg.
Uden titel.jpg
i have a lightweight setup with light wheels,cassette and chainrings for the alps that gets me to around 6.2kg
You managed to get an exs bar/stem?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

MysticRiver wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:59 am
I have the newer light Enve 6.7 on and they’re about 1400g plus or minus. Saving 400g is definitely close to a pound (US .88lb) but can’t see saving anymore weight in my end.

All bolts are now titanium.
Frame size 52cm
Matte clear no other paint
Darimo 15mm setback post
THM Clavicula SE cranks
Carbon-Ti chainrings
Dulight Tuned Wahoo Titanium pedals
Berk Lupina saddle
Conti GP5000s TR 28mm tires
Black Inc 380 /110mm integrated bars
DA 9270 group
Hambini BB
Enve 6.7 wheels Chris King hubs
Lupine Neo bike light (battery off at weighing)

Even with these parts, I’m at 7.24kg

Which of the stock bolts aren't titanium? How much weight savings is replacing all of them get you?
I typically change all my bolts to titanium regardless, since I ride in wet/damp/rain conditions several times (Northeast US) that can’t be avoided. Also, most manufacturers, when using Ti bolts use silver/raw colored. I change then to black including the M3x5mm countersunk ones for the Garmin mounting adapter. Yes, some bolts in the bike were Ti to begin with.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

cyclespeed wrote:I'm on DA 9270 12 speed (11-30 cassette).

My frame weighs 824g, (Flickr no paint) and the fork got lighter when they swapped it for the nutset model.
I have the porkier molded in expander. My former steerer is cut at the top using the 20mm spacer plus one 5mm one and the stem adapter. The fork I have probably weighs more than cyclespeed’s for that reason.

Plus, I weighed mine RTR with all bits on like pedals. Only exception is water bottles and Karoo2. No saddle bags since I carry minimal tools and CO2 is jersey pocket.

Best to try another scale like it was suggested.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

mrlobber wrote:We pretty much know that the Ostro likely has gone slightly heavier over the lifecycle of the model, as Factor have themselves admitted they make silent running changes (which, of course, is actually good).

Cyclespeed's Ostro, if I understand correctly, has 11 speed DA with 9270 calipers, so he could save 50+ g on a cassette (Red 1190) vs 12 speed DA right away, compared to kode54.

Also, FWIW, I've got an O2 VAM size 56 on 11 speed DA as well, hovering around 6kg with 1100g tubular wheels, subtracting 150g on wheels (plus cyclespeed's Ostro was 52, I think?), would net me around 5.8...5.85kg, the difference of 100 or so grams looks to be about right comparing O2 VAM vs Ostro frameset,
My O2 VAM disc was at 6.83kg. 52cm size as well. Although I had Darimo post, bar (38cm) and stem (120mm) that were lighter so I didn’t question the extra weight due to heavier deep wheels and Black Inc integrated barstem (heavier than Darimo combo). Plus, 11-speed on O2 VAM vs. 12-speed on Ostro.

I’m not all that concerned about the weight since I have an Aethos for climbing days. I was just wondering where I am gaining weight where cycle speed is 5.95kg.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

mathias720

by mathias720

kode54 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:12 am
mathias720 wrote:So i here is a complete parts list of mine.
Uden titel.jpg
You managed to get an exs bar/stem?
Should arrivive at my door this week

kode54

by kode54

Did you order direct from China?
I didn’t think they were selling outside China until they caught up with orders there, let alone international sales. Maybe C100?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

mathias720

by mathias720

i have a great contact in china that made it happen.
quite exciting to see the weight, and alos how it is to ride the 36cm width

kode54

by kode54

Keep us posted! Nice contact!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

pipii

by pipii

Should be around 6.7kg as estimated with 8070 and wheels not that light.Still one or two weeks to wait for perfect setup.
ostro配置.png
Attachments
微信图片_20221128173151.png
sworks sl8 rtp 56 5.77kg
factor ostro vam 56 6.15kg
specialized allez sprint 2023 7.13kg

retired:
Lapierre aircode 2017
specialized sl7 56 6.75kg

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

The Ostro fork is a work of art....

kode54

by kode54

pipii wrote:Should be around 6.7kg as estimated with 8070 and wheels not that light.Still one or two weeks to wait for perfect setup.
ostro配置.png
I have to get a new scale. 6.7kg is light for parts mentioned. I have no PM…THM Clavicula SE w Carbon-Ti chainrings. Maybe I used too much sealant in my tires. LOL
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

kode54 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:01 pm
pipii wrote:Should be around 6.7kg as estimated with 8070 and wheels not that light.Still one or two weeks to wait for perfect setup.
ostro配置.png
I have to get a new scale. 6.7kg is light for parts mentioned. I have no PM…THM Clavicula SE w Carbon-Ti chainrings. Maybe I used too much sealant in my tires. LOL
Hello,
I have a Factor Ostro VAM and I would like to install my THM Clavicula SE on it. Would it work with the stock bottom bracket? Is there anything specific to know to properly install it? Thanks in advance.

kode54

by kode54

When you’re saying stock Factor bottom bracket? If so, the answer is yes. Should work with no issues. A thin .5mm on DS is recommended by THM.

I have a Hambini in mine.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

kode54 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:58 pm
When you’re saying stock Factor bottom bracket? If so, the answer is yes. Should work with no issues. A thin .5mm on DS is recommended by THM.

I have a Hambini in mine.
Thanks a lot. I meant indeed the stock Ceramic Speed bottom bracket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com