2021 Colnago C64?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

I was thinking that in 2017, I purchased a new SUV to haul us and out bikes, but a week or two later, the new model year vehilces started showing up at the dealerships, albeit it at a nearly $10,000 premium over what I had just purchased. So I have been debating a C64 disc for several months, and realizing the semi-aero update was introduced in 2019, got me wondering if by chances but with all the mancurious starting to show off 2021 model bikes, curious if there has been any rumors and/or rumblings about Colnago introducing a new version of the C64 (C68?) for 2021?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

gerryc89

by gerryc89

I have zero insight on Colnago's plans but I have always thought this was part of the Colnago brand - not worrying about this too much ;)

Colnago's last and don't age (as severely as other brands do). I am sure you'd be more than happy with the C64 either way! Just my 2c's ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I'd wait to see if anything drops at the TDF next week
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

ms6073

by ms6073

Not disagreeing, but given that the company introduced a monocoque E64 E-bike, it does have me wondering.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

parleez1

by parleez1

I'm also waiting and wondering if there will be a new Colnago C at the tour. I'd probably be very happy to own a 2019 C64, but mine as well wait a week to have all the options.
If I go with a disc frame, what wheels would folks recommend? Planning to build with SRAM AXS. Thanks!

stringbean

by stringbean

I doubt colnago will make any changes soon.Teams at TDF will be switching between V3rs rim and disc bikes so you won't see a 64 there.
I would go for it and not wait.
Do some research on the SRAM axs tho.
Looks to be a love/hate relationship out there.
Heavier than dura ace ,not backward compatible,strange gearing with almost unusable size 10 is what some are saying

parleez1

by parleez1

stringbean wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:39 am
I doubt colnago will make any changes soon.Teams at TDF will be switching between V3rs rim and disc bikes so you won't see a 64 there.
I would go for it and not wait.
Do some research on the SRAM axs tho.
Looks to be a love/hate relationship out there.
Heavier than dura ace ,not backward compatible,strange gearing with almost unusable size 10 is what some are saying
Appreciate the insights on theC64 not being inthe tour.
Ihave SRAMREd onmy current bike and like it very much, maybe just stay with the 11 speed Red group instead of going to the AXS.
Any suggestions for disc wheelset?
Thanks!

Vivo3d

by Vivo3d

I have the Bora WTO 45 dB paired with Sram red etap axs on my shitty S-Works Venge and I'm very happy with the wheels and the geoupset. Depending where and how you ride, get the 60 variant instead the 45. They look even better and raccording to reviews they climb well too. I will get them for sure and I'm also thinking to replace the venge with the c64.

AJS914

by AJS914

The only thing Colnago might come out with is new colors. So if there is a current color that you absolutely love then you should get one before they run out.

c60rider

by c60rider

I agree with some of the comments here that I doubt any pro will use a C64 in racing when they have the option of the lighter V3rs and the aero Concept so a new model won't turn up at the Tour. The only change year to year is going to be colours so if you particularly like an existing colour scheme go for it or wait to see what any new colours will be and get in quickly if you prefer the older scheme. A new Colnago frame tends to be teased some time in advance and now they're under new ownership who knows what the immediate future holds in respect of the "Made in Italy" flagship model.

kercerece

by kercerece

I'd like to buy also a C64 (or a V3rs) and go with 303 firecrests. I don't know if it fits in the C64 disc frame with 28mm tyres. Any ideas?

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I heard the C65 will have more aero lugs.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

ms6073

by ms6073

kercerece wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:51 pm
and go with 303 firecrests. I don't know if it fits in the C64 disc frame with 28mm tyres.
I have a 2021 C64 disc and ride on tubeless Schwalbe Pro One 700x30 that are mounted on Nox Composites rims which are ~21mm internal without any issue. Since I only got my frame a few months ago, I hope it is another year before a new iteration, but for some reason, I feel like the next one will be the C68 or C70 and will take cues from the E64 semi monocoque frames.
- Michael

boarder1995

by boarder1995

A year and a half ago I picked up a late build closeout C60 disc frameset. I built it up with Campy Record/S.Record on Bora WTO 45 wheels with a 19mm internal, sitting on 28mm Conti tubeless tires. They measure ~29.5mm in my setup. It clears them ok, no rubbing. Closest clearance is in chanstay lugs coming off the rear of the bottom bracket. The C64 is even better with tire clearances.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:40 pm
I feel like the next one will be the C68 or C70 and will take cues from the E64 semi monocoque frames.
E64 is entirely monocoque I think, just a regular made in Asia frame but painted to look like it’s got lugs?