Time (Sport) Marches On -- The Future Of Time Sport

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RDY

by RDY

Think there are some other bike and auto industry facilities in the area (and no doubt suppliers), and it's cheaper than the coastal plain, being inland.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

I just purchased TIME Xpro 12 pedals to replace my Xpresso 12s. On the box (and in the documents) there is the option to extend the 2 year warranty to 3 years, by registering the pedals.
No options on SRAM's website to do this (or TIME's but why would there be now). I've asked the retailer (Merlin) who weren't interested. SRAM website just says to contact local dealer (handy when you don't have one!). Anyone been able to register for the extra year?
It could be it was just a TIME thing and SRAM won't honour it I guess, but it would be nice to have.
Cheers
Last edited by BianchiDave on Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

SRAM already make their chain in Coimbra so probably just expanding the existing plant floor area:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/connectio ... amily.html

I last bought a pair of XPro 10 and it was after Time pedal business's sale; tried to register for extended warranty but have not heard back. Guess none of either sides is picking this up during this transitional peirod. SRAM did say they would honour the warranty so best thing to do is to keep your purchase receipt in case you ever need a claim.

I couldn't wait for Time power pedal and switched to other brand's offering, though I really miss the subtle clip-in and the nice feeling of float from Time pedals..

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Hi all,

For those that are interested, Time's website (which for a long time seemed pretty poor) Now offers online purchases direct from them for certain countries (AU/NZ/Canada & UK). Shipping to AU is "Free" (although 5% duty and GST/VAT would need to be paid on arrival). Not sure who they use as a courier - great to see the company getting back on it's feet.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Already been/being covered in the thread on Time Bicycles here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165387

This thread is now mainly for Time pedals, as that is being sold under the Time Sport name via SRAM after their purchase.

Time Bicycles is the company who will manufacture the frames, stems, and handlebars you associate with the Time name.

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

EvilEuro wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:18 am
Already been/being covered in the thread on Time Bicycles here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165387

This thread is now mainly for Time pedals, as that is being sold under the Time Sport name via SRAM after their purchase.

Time Bicycles is the company who will manufacture the frames, stems, and handlebars you associate with the Time name.
Thanks Evileuro, just wanted to share the good news, not interested in the pedals, tried them, nice but decided not for me a long time ago.

RDY

by RDY

Still no appearance of made in Portugal TIME pedals.

However, virtually all TIME pedal SKUs are now on clearance at major retailers, and some have entirely liquidated their stock and removed all listings (Bike24 for example).

I'd say the latter, plus the delay in production of PT produced pedals indicates that there's going to be a full relaunch with changes and new SKUs sooner rather than later.

RDY

by RDY

RDY wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:02 pm
Still no appearance of made in Portugal TIME pedals.

However, virtually all TIME pedal SKUs are now on clearance at major retailers, and some have entirely liquidated their stock and removed all listings (Bike24 for example).

I'd say the latter, plus the delay in production of PT produced pedals indicates that there's going to be a full relaunch with changes and new SKUs sooner rather than later.
Forget what I said about Bike24 ... their search engine is just screwed and doesn't return anything for time pedals. Listings are still there.