PRO Stealth Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blaugrana

by blaugrana

I use it with the nose horizontal, which makes it possible to move forward a bit when getting low and aero and still be comfortable. To me the very usable nose is one of the main selling points of this saddle, and I feel like setting it slightly nose up defeats the whole purpose.

I do agree that tiny adjustments in angle are quite noticeable, maybe more than in other saddles, so it's definitely worth experimenting with.

LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

I love the Stealth saddle. I have a 142mm on my road bike and a 152mm on my trainer bike. My bike fitter (who introduced me to the Stealth) said the 142 was the right size for me, but every sit bone “test” I’ve had said the 152 should be better. Go figure, they both work for me and I can’t decide which one I like better. I agree with the above post about the angle. I keep mine level for the majority of the body, but not level for the entire length tip to tail. If you measure it tip to tail, mine is slanted down, about -3.5 or -4 degrees.

I’ve also tried the Prologo mentioned above. It has come the closest to the Stealth in terms of comfort. I’d be riding that saddle if there was no Stealth. It’s much more comfortable for me than any of the 2 or 3 variants of the Spez Power saddles I’ve tried.
2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JayDee81

by JayDee81

For me the Dimension was a lot flatter than Stealth, which made my sitting bones hurt after a while and also it was a true one position only saddle, unlike Stealth, where you can move forward on the nose.

lord_brush

by lord_brush

My choce for adopting the Stealth a while back was also influenced by the fact I was still racing, so spent more time in the drops and in an aggressive position on the hoods. Now I've stopped racing, I still like to train pretty hard, but I no doubt spend very little time in the drops, and more on the hoods.....which is probbaly counter to what the Stealth is designed for anyway.

I'm kinda maybe regretting giving up the SLR SUperflow too. Very different saddles I know, but I went for the Stealth for the reason mentined above. Now maybe the SLR would be more suited. Anyway, I guess I'll try the Dimension for a while and see how I get on.

I always thougt the Dimension was slightly more rounded than the Stealth too, and fell-off a littel quicker? Odd...
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Well, first ride out on the Dimension tonight was promising. Sure it was only a cpl of hours, so inconclusive just yet, but generally I found it more comfortable than the Stealths.

Padding seemed much better for me, and I certainly noticed the slightly thinner front half of the saddle with no inner thigh rub.

I'll probably tinker a bit with the tilt and aft positioning before next ride. Nose down a degree maybe and perhaps a few mm further forward too...
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

lord_brush

by lord_brush

(Don't suppose there's anyone out there with a Dimension Nack wants to swap for a carbon-railed Stealth)

bas

by bas

Has anyone tried the new Stealth Curved?

I seem to swap between the stealth and a Romin Evo, stealth curved could almost be a combination of both, albeit in a short nose version.

Sojodave

by Sojodave

I've been looking for someone who is selling the Stealth Curved saddle. It looks like a saddle I would get along with...but, I've said that more than once.

One more suggestion is the Fizik Tempo Argo saddle. I've switched from the Power saddle and so far I'm liking it.

hartmannce

by hartmannce

For me, PRO Stealth is a salvation - had really bad saddle sores caused by previous saddle.

milanv

by milanv

Any news about the availability of new curved models?
Last edited by milanv on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

JayDee81 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:54 am
For me the Dimension was a lot flatter than Stealth, which made my sitting bones hurt after a while and also it was a true one position only saddle, unlike Stealth, where you can move forward on the nose.
I have a feeling i am alone wishing for a saddle with zero tail rise. I just feel annoyed of all this saddles hindering me from sliding back more (when i need ofcourse)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:46 am
JayDee81 wrote:
I have a feeling i am alone wishing for a saddle with zero tail rise. I just feel annoyed of all this saddles hindering me from sliding back more (when i need ofcourse)
Fizik Antares is pretty flat, as is the Arione. If you want old school flat, you could hunt down a Selle San Marco Rolls.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:34 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:46 am
JayDee81 wrote:
Fizik Antares is pretty flat, as is the Arione. If you want old school flat, you could hunt down a Selle San Marco Rolls.
Have both of these, one i did experiment with to a point it's now a memory :-)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

jadedaid

by jadedaid

I have the 152 and don't seem to have any bib issues. Ridden about 10k on this saddle. Others have raised the same issue you have before though, with this saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HappyGuy

by HappyGuy

I'm riding the the Syncros Belcarra. Almost flat and similar in shape to the Stealth which I rode for about a year. One of my sit bones started to get aggravated by the Pro Stealth. Now my sit bones are still happy with the Belcarra after about a month with it in service.
2016 Time Skylon w/Sram Force 22 and Boyd 60's
2020 Merida 8000e w/Sram Force AXS and Token 52's