PRO Stealth Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lord_brush

by lord_brush

So... after some prolongued and costly experimenting last Winter, I thought I'd found "my", saddle to replace Ariones that I'd always used.

Experimented with both Stealth and SLR Superflow- both seemed good, but Stealth seemed to have slight edge.

After swapping out all x3 (turbo, and two road) ,I've noticed they seems to be chewing thru my bib shorts inner thigh. I know the Stealth is quite wide, but has anyone else encountered this? Windering whether it's back to the drawing board again! Oh, I've also started getting contact sores right on the sit-bones, but this could be down to my pretty average club/ team shorts insert rather than the saddle itself. Half-tempted to try a Romin :noidea:
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

stoney

by stoney

Could your saddle be a bit too high? I know my bibs wear more if my saddle is too high which causes you to have to drop your leg more on the down stroke.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naylor343

by naylor343

Pretty much my experience too. Tried this and liked it a lot. But after a while started to get a recurring saddle sore. The only way I found to prevent it was to level the nose out, but then the optimum position was lost. The stealth has now joined my box of things to one day sell. Now back on Ariones too, they just work for me.

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Oh dear, sorry to hear you're also suffering! I bloody hate saddles! You think you've got it sussed, spend a £$££$ on decking out all your bikes with the same saddle and then.........doh!

The Arione worked for me too for about a decade, but as I got older, I found I was getting numbness, so went down exploring the cut-out route. Antares Versus Evo next? Specialized Romin? I'll probably leave it til the winter (again), to try some cheap/ used models out on the turbo and try get it sussed for next year
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

naylor343

by naylor343

I had numbness when using the standard width Arione, now on the large R1 and R3, no more problems.

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Another one that's caught my eye is the Prologo Dimension. Looks kind of similar to the Stealth, but slightly more rounded in profile and a slighty narrower nose. Urgh, it's a mine-field

rawjunk

by rawjunk

Bontrager Aeolus Elite Saddle could be another option.

tigradekat

by tigradekat

Fizik Vento Argo works for me

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Ordered a low-end Prolog Dimension, so I'll see how I get on with that for a while....

mcjonesy

by mcjonesy

I've got a Stealth on my Gravel bike (ran on old roadie before moving over), running Spesh Power Expert on my Roadie (came with it), never noticed chewing through bibs. I find I don't notice the difference in the saddles enough to change them/the variance is kinda nice

coresare

by coresare

Did you get the 142 or the 152? Are you possibly sitting too far back? I have never noticed any damage to my bibs from this saddle.

akafinto

by akafinto

Adding another voice recommending the Prologo Dimension. I had a very similar experience on the Pro Stealth - it felt like it was almost right, but just "not quite perfect".

Tried out a couple of the Dimension variants & have settled on one with the CPC grip pads. These seem to help keep me in place and avoid shifting around on the saddle. Does feel like I've finally found the "goldilocks" saddle for me now!

lord_brush

by lord_brush

coresare wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:14 pm
Did you get the 142 or the 152? Are you possibly sitting too far back? I have never noticed any damage to my bibs from this saddle.
142. I don't think I was sitting too far back. Could be wrong however. Yeah, it just looks like the very broad front half of the saddle has been rubbing right on the spot where the bib insert is flat-locked, as this has been eroded away. Hence why I'm hoping a similar shape......but slightly narrower nose "might", work!

tigradekat

by tigradekat

It might be a matter of adjustment too. Last week I replaced the clamp bolt for a titanium version. I could have sworn that the saddle did not move a mm during the install so I did not bother to check. I went for a ride yesterday and I could.not get 100% comfortable. This morning again, not comfy like I had gotten used to. I then remembered to check the alignment and sure enough, the saddle had tilted up about 1mm. I readjusted accordingly and presto, all was well again. All it took was a fraction. It's amazing how a tiny adjustment can make such a big difference. It might be worth experimenting a bit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lord_brush

by lord_brush

I thought about this and wondered how others were setting their Stealths up. I did fiddle about a bit with tilt a few weeks (ok, months maybe), as id previously had the saddle set up more horizontal across the full extent of the saddle longitudinal wise (ie taking level from tip to tail). Figured it might be wiser to nose the tip down so the flatter front half of the saddle was horizontal, rather than the full curved length. I'm not quite sure if this is coincidental with the sit bone pressure sores or not.