PRO Stealth Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naylor343

by naylor343

Bumping this thread to see if there are any users of the Pro Stealth CURVED saddle who can give long term reviews.

I, like many users of the original model, found it a saddle of two halves. I loved the front of the saddle, and could cope with the rear, but found it too flat across its width and would always get a saddle sore on the right side sit bone area after a week or so.

Other than all the launch reviews from cycling journalists basically regurgitating what Pro/shimano want us to hear, there is very little user feedback on the curved saddle available on the net.

So, anyone got any long term use on the curved, did you find it cured the issues of the original, how is the narrower nose etc? Any info welcome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jo.k

by jo.k

I cannot help you with the curved, but I am also in search of a Pro Stealth replacement that has a slightly narrower nose. Bib stitches coming loose here as well. I am confident that my position is pretty dialled, but my right leg has a tendency to collapse inwards.

Not sure however that a saddle with a narrow nose would suit me, as a I too use the nose a lot while in the drops. Tried a Fabric S-Line flat and kinda liked it for general noodling about, but I didn't like it at all going full gas in the drops. Wondering about that Prologo Dimension though ... and the Fizik Argo. Bontrager Aeolus looks to wide in the nose I think?

naylor343

by naylor343

jo.k wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:39 am
I cannot help you with the curved, but I am also in search of a Pro Stealth replacement that has a slightly narrower nose. Bib stitches coming loose here as well. I am confident that my position is pretty dialled, but my right leg has a tendency to collapse inwards.

Not sure however that a saddle with a narrow nose would suit me, as a I too use the nose a lot while in the drops. Tried a Fabric S-Line flat and kinda liked it for general noodling about, but I didn't like it at all going full gas in the drops. Wondering about that Prologo Dimension though ... and the Fizik Argo. Bontrager Aeolus looks to wide in the nose I think?
The nose width has not proved an issue for me, however the curved stealth saddle is slightly narrower in the nose than the original, according to the tech blurb. I too would like to try other saddles out, all that you've mentioned and possibly the prologo M5 too. Pro is great though with their 30 day return policy so keen to try the curved first. What is for sure is the two most expensive components in cycling can quickly and easily become shoes and saddles. The world needs a shoe and saddle swap shop.

m3bas

by m3bas

I have been using the curve version for a while.
Had the orginal but found the nose slightly too wide. For me this new version is a perfect hybrid of the power and stealth, zero numbness or spots that dig into my legs. I'd recommend it.
I'm not sure why they did the whole thing about its for people who move around on the saddle, I'm not one of them as far as I know...

milanv

by milanv

m3bas wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:09 am
I have been using the curve version for a while.
Had the orginal but found the nose slightly too wide. For me this new version is a perfect hybrid of the power and stealth, zero numbness or spots that dig into my legs. I'd recommend it.
I'm not sure why they did the whole thing about its for people who move around on the saddle, I'm not one of them as far as I know...
Yes, it is saddle between Specialized Power Arc and Pro Stealth, for me ideal option. I have ridden all, on Pro Stealth and Curved for thousand kilometres, on Power Arc cca 20 thousand kilometres before.

Pro Stealth had wider nose, like TT saddles, curved shape of Pro Stealth Curved is a deal breaker for me, standard Stealth is so firm and not ideal, without support in back part.

I have Pro Stealth Curved on all my road bikes at the moment.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

jo.k wrote:

I also have an issue where my right leg sits and rubbs against the saddle while on the left side there is like 2 cm of space. I've used the Argo for about a year now. It's great for aggressive positions. Although I'm not sure if the width of the nose is the problem when it comes to rubbing. Just tried the Power Mirror and it was much worse on my right groin with the rubbing. Even though the nose looks much narrower than the Argo.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

milanv

by milanv

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:16 pm
jo.k wrote:

I also have an issue where my right leg sits and rubbs against the saddle while on the left side there is like 2 cm of space. I've used the Argo for about a year now. It's great for aggressive positions. Although I'm not sure if the width of the nose is the problem when it comes to rubbing. Just tried the Power Mirror and it was much worse on my right groin with the rubbing. Even though the nose looks much narrower than the Argo.
Try Power Arc.

ricerocket

by ricerocket

naylor343 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:52 am

So, anyone got any long term use on the curved, did you find it cured the issues of the original, how is the narrower nose etc? Any info welcome.
I find it similar but without the hard edges digging into your thighs. Not sure why they marketed as reducing hip rocking, isn't that mostly from having your saddle too high?

Anyways, I find it comfortable, having spent most the last 5 years on a Romin. Nose width is good for me, I can ride on it if I want to shift forward to engage more quads, but I'm not riding it for an extended time like a TT bike either. Sometimes I do wish the saddle was longer though, to have more freedom of movement. Not sure how that would affect the rest of the things I like about it though.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

milanv wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:58 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:16 pm
jo.k wrote:

Try Power Arc.
I did at one point, although at that time I thought I needed 155. Because they meausered my sitbones for Spec and they said I need 155. This was pre Argo and Sqlab which I use now. Later I realised based on Sqlabs measuring system that the more aggressive you sit, less width you need. So after that I have only been trying and using 140-145mm saddles.

It would be interesting to try the Arc in 143 now.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

wooger

by wooger

I've been using the pro stealth for a good 4 months now, but I'm considering other options because after ramping up mileage and looking at my bikefit, I have a problem.
- Chafing / sores on the inside of both thighs where they meet my bum.

Initially I thought:
- Even with a setback seatpost, the saddle rails are a bit too short to allow moving the saddle back as far as I'd like.

After more consideration and trying a couple of other saddles, I've determined that the saddle is just too wide as it transitions from the nost to the sitbone area - it's a really gradual ramp and there's not enough room for my thighs.
I just can't sit back far enough on the saddle without this chafing happening, regardless of saddle setback.

Saddle is otherwise beautiful and has been comfortable ( I thought) on many long rides prior to this, including a couple of centuries.
Is there another saddle that's very similar in every respect but has a sharper transition from nose to seat? - the curve version?
Otherwise I'm considering the Pro Falcon or Griffon - I don't need a snub nosed saddle.

FWIW I also have a Pro Dimension, and it's overall similar, less comfortable when on the nose, and has the same exact issue with chafing for the same reason.

JayDee81

by JayDee81

wooger wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:04 am
I've been using the pro stealth for a good 4 months now, but I'm considering other options because after ramping up mileage and looking at my bikefit, I have a problem.

Initially I thought:
- Even with a setback seatpost, the saddle rails are a bit too short to allow moving the saddle back as far as I'd like.

After more consideration and trying a couple of other saddles, I've determined that the saddle is just too wide as it transitions from the nost to the sitbone area - it's a really gradual ramp and there's not enough room for my thighs.
I just can't sit back far enough on the saddle without this chafing happening, regardless of saddle setback.

Saddle is otherwise beautiful and has been comfortable ( I thought) on many long rides prior to this, including a couple of centuries.
Is there another saddle that's very similar in every respect but has a sharper transition from nose to seat? - the curve version?
Otherwise I'm considering the Pro Falcon or Griffon - I don't need a snub nosed saddle.

FWIW I also have a Pro Dimension, and it's overall similar, less comfortable when on the nose, and has the same exact issue with chafing for the same reason.
Then you need a mostly flat T shaped saddle. Stealth, Dimension, Power... all of these are V shaped, which seems to cause your chafing. Look at saddles like Selle Italia Flite.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Selle Italia Flite?
Tried the carbon version, and the endurance ti316. The first i didn't like, but the endurance is way better.
Used to ride Aerofuel before. I have easier to maintain a position (less moving) on the Flite.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

milanv

by milanv

wooger wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:04 am

Initially I thought:

Former Stealth or Stealth Curved?
Because they are of different shape and nose width.
Stealth Curved is great for me, former standard Stealth was causing me similar problems.

Specialized Power Arc has this curved shape also, but without wider nose.

riochang

by riochang

I have the latest pro stealth CURVED in 142. It's very very similar to specialized power arc 143. Slightly flatter than arc, I'd say the shape is 90% power arc and 10% normal power saddle. Firmness is about the same.

ricerocket

by ricerocket

Power Arc nose is much more narrow, no?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com