2020 Aethos Sub UCI weight Specialized.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

What defines the rumoured UCI Illegal Specialized

Doesn't Exist
24%
More aero than the Venge
12%
Lighter than the Tarmac SL6
44%
More aero than the Venge AND lighter than the Tarmac SL6
11%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 316

Hoodrat

by Hoodrat

Beancouter wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:11 pm
Turrifik wrote:
ryanw wrote:Front and rear callipers are identical, you just need to use the proprietary Aethos front mount.
Much appreciated Ryan. I spent a bunch of time comparing photos and trying to confirm this. Sometime proprietary parts pay off. Order updated.

Cheers

Now to figure out a good crank+PM option.
Is DA 9100 with dual 4iiii PM still a concern for driveside PM accuracy? Either way, this doesn’t seem like a big improvement over Ultegra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went Sram Red Dub for my current Aethos Build. I have a Stone 5 arm spider coming which (if it fits, which there is a ? Over) with extralite chainrings will bring it in at about 490g.

Have sanded down to avoid the Shimano mismatch..

If that all works, it will go to _4iiii for a factory install of a left side podium. All in should be 500g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you use to sand down the cranks?

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

Hey Guys,
can anybody tell me of the Fact 10r frameset owners the weights of a 56 framset (Frame and Fork).
Just found a lot information of the 54s sizes.
Are the colourways all different of there weights? Looking for a satin carbon silver flakes or gloss abalone satin holographic.
My favorite is the gloss abolone one but depends now also of the weights.
Would be great if somebody has more information about this and can help me.
Thanks alot.
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

matheussiq8

by matheussiq8

Finally got all the components build my Aethos! Got the S-Works frame in size 58 from The Flow in Italy for 3500 thanks to this thread!

The weight though came a little higher than what I expected. Is that because of the Gloss Clay / Silver colorway?

Holliday89

by Holliday89

so pretty, I love that gray & silver fork

mythosxt

by mythosxt

My Aethos now wit Biturbo Road, all incl 5,7kg :D
Attachments
E1E2F463-8226-47C3-88AD-FB7D48DFAA42.jpeg

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

matheussiq8 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:55 am
Finally got all the components build my Aethos! Got the S-Works frame in size 58 from The Flow in Italy for 3500 thanks to this thread!

The weight though came a little higher than what I expected. Is that because of the Gloss Clay / Silver colorway?

Maybe both the paint and the size? I had two of the same brand, model and color of frames (not an Aethos) on hand a month ago, one in a 47 (one up from the smallest size) and one in a 57 (one down from the biggest size). The 47 was 900g, just about on the dot; the 57 was just over 1,100g (I think 1,107g, if memory serves). In addition to the extra carbon material, there is additional paint covering that, too, and the thicker paint probably scales up faster than the thinner paints.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

mythosxt wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:25 pm
My Aethos now wit Biturbo Road, all incl 5,7kg :D
Very nice.
How are the wheels?

lvhdds

by lvhdds

What is happening with an Aethos if an enduro rider is thinking about a road bike 8)

It´s still a sub 7 kg bike. With 32mm tyres including enough sealant, XPLR setup and a comfortable cockpit. Love or hate it :noidea: Please let me know :thumbup:

jayjay

by jayjay

Looks very nice!
But I'm not a fan for 1x setups on roadbikes.

lvhdds

by lvhdds

jayjay wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:59 pm
Looks very nice!
But I'm not a fan for 1x setups on roadbikes.
Thanks 8) I´m used to a wider range regarding the candance. As I mentioned. Not the typical roadie :lol:

I bought the frame last July. End of August I realized a "little" problem with the AXS-availabilty. During autumn there was no choice between 10-36 an 10-44. Only the XPLR cassette was temporarily available. The lever shipment took until last week. Crazy situation :unbelievable:

kode54

by kode54

lvhdds wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:47 pm
What is happening with an Aethos if an enduro rider is thinking about a road bike 8)

It´s still a sub 7 kg bike. With 32mm tyres including enough sealant, XPLR setup and a comfortable cockpit. Love or hate it :noidea: Please let me know :thumbup:
Nice match with the Chris King BB. What color is the CK BB? Silver?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

lvhdds

by lvhdds

kode54 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:57 pm
Nice match with the Chris King BB. What color is the CK BB? Silver?
It´s matte slate. Nearly perfect in between the frame color and the raw titanium. Because of the durable CK BB design for the 30mm spindle diameter (Sram should have a look for it :shock:) there was a "groove" between the shell an the frame. I ordered 3D-printed spacers with a conical design. The 2,6mm width ensures a perfect crank alignment without the common Cane Creek spacers.

lvhdds

by lvhdds

matheussiq8 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:35 am
Finally got my S-Works Aethos frame and looking now to buy the parts to build it. Quick question that even after reading this thread I couldn't figure out. Can I use the HOPE Caliper RX4+ on the Aethos fork? I've seen a build using the Trickstuff C21 but nothing so far regarding the Hope RX4+ caliper to know if it works or not.

There are also two different models for the caliper, anyone knows which one will work better in the front?
Don´t think about the Trickstuff C21 FM. The caliper hose fitting is located on the outter surface (left side in driving direction). Nearly impossible to achive a suitable hose routing for the front caliper. Also in the rear not really good looking. I tried it.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

matheussiq8 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:55 am

I have no data to support this but I've always heard that white-ish colors were by far the heaviest as far as paint. When you're talking about a frame as light as the S-Works Aethos the paint weight can be a pretty high percentage of weight.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

perplex

by perplex

Has anybody a solution to the problem that the Aethos spacers are too wide to fit nicely with the S-works SL stem?

The spacers fit well with the width of the topcap, but not too well with the stem.

Is the solution to find a a topcap that fits better with regular spacers or just fit spacers that aare a little narrower and live with the fact that the base of topcap is to wide?

See images attached.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-02-11 at 16.20.36.png
Screenshot 2022-02-11 at 16.24.31.png
A Dane relocated to Sydney - and now back in CPH...