Chinarello V Pinarello by Luescher

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
hannawald

by hannawald

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:52 pm
Pinarello is a "trash brand." Garbage bikes with short, and often not accepted warranties. They are like Trek in that their best days you'd think, were long ago.
They have five years warranty..pretty standard i think..i tried to browse the forum as i am interested in buying Dogma, but recent complaints about warranty process with Pinarello..is it that bad?

hannawald

by hannawald

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:00 pm

Not really. I could have purchased any brand so tested a few. Lots of positive reviews of pinarello so tried them and didn't like them. Nothing to do the brand. In a blind test I'd have given the same result.

I felt the same way about a few specialized bikes and a couple of cannondale too. All highly regarded but I didn't like them.
Just my opinion and yours may vary.
Which Pinarello have you tried? What is your beloved road bike? I don't have a chance to test the Dogma F12, but i hear they are pretty responsive despite the weight..Thanks..

by Weenie

hannawald

by hannawald

velov wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:07 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:08 pm
hannawald wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:25 pm
Hmm, interesting there is so much hate for Pinarello..it is because of the price?
I bet this is a factor for some of the "hate". It is easier on the self esteem than saying "I can't afford it".
This WW, plenty of posters have bikes that are equally if not more expensive than a Dogma. Getting sponsorship with the right team at the right time has saved Pinarello, nothing special about their bikes (I have owned an F10).
Which bikes do you consider more responsive? Thanks!

velov

by velov

hannawald wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:12 am

Which bikes do you consider more responsive? Thanks!
That'll be quite subjective and also dependant on wheel/tyre choice. That said, for me the XR3 was more lively although still felt a bit muted. The Sworks Tarmac or Giant TCR will be hard to beat for sheer responsive imo. I've found a happy medium with the BMC Teammachine.

fxx

by fxx

ichobi wrote:
kgt wrote:In general, all outsourced in China carbon frames are of the same low quality. The brand of the frame does not really matter.
My friend’s 2019 Cipo still have misaligned integrated seat post. European made and all. Image this is not the first one either. Keep believing.
Because CF bikes are hand made, flaws will always exist.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

And my friend replaced three s-works frames under warranty because all developed cracks for no reason. So what? I would get a Cipollini anytime over a made in China frame.
Fact is that carbon frames which are not outsourced in China but made in house in Europe or US or Australia etc. have a higher manufacturing quality.
Last edited by kgt on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

alistaird

by alistaird

Personally I can only talk about the older frames... Only Magnesium Alloy frame to win the TDF?

Last non-carbon frame as well for a TDF winner??

A
Last edited by alistaird on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

robertbb

by robertbb

fogman wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:07 am
Should it be called Chinarello vs. Taiwanarello?
:lol:

Highly under rated post. Needs a mention

ichobi

by ichobi

kgt wrote:And my friend replaced three s-works frames under warranty because all developed cracks for no reason. So what? I would get a Cipollini anytime over a made in China frame.
Fact is that carbon frames which are not outsourced in China but made in house in Europe or US or Australia etc. have a higher manufacturing quality.
Your bias towards non-outsourced brands is well known, doesnt mean other people cant make fine bikes outsourced or otherwise. Your sweeping statement is bordering on blind elitism and does not contribute anything to the discussion. But at this point nobody would be bothered trying to reason with you. Pick your poison and i will pick mine but in house made brand that have third rate knowledge of carbon manufacturing that cant even make straight seat tube is out of my list. I rather take bikes made by Giant or Merida for other brands than any Cipo bike.

Your public bias towards De Rosa bikes, outsourced and made in Asia, makes your sweeping statement contradictory.
Last edited by ichobi on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

hannawald

by hannawald

Hmm, still haven't made up my mind on Pinarello:( i know they are Taiwaneese. But Colnago (v3rs) or Bianchi are also made in Asia. So if one wants italian superbike, there is no difference. I know there is Sarto, they made be better made but that doesn't mean they are better bikes. They don't say nothing about aero optimisation, so hard to say what research they do. Cippolinis are a bit uncomfortable from i have heard and also too aggresive geometry (=not for me)..
I know 5000 euros is a lot of money compared to production costs, you pay a lot for brands heritage but if you compare to Cannondale, Specialized etc frameset pricing, relatively not such a difference..i just wonder whether they just live from the past or they are something special. I have never found a review saying Dogma F12, Bianchi Oltre, Colnago V3RS are not outstanding bikes..i know magazines lives from advertisement, but not a single one..

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

hannawald wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:26 pm
I have never found a review saying Dogma F12, Bianchi Oltre, Colnago V3RS are not outstanding bikes..i know magazines lives from advertisement, but not a single one..
The same can be said of the owners. Just look at this thread. Not many, if any owners will admit their beloved F12 ( or whatever ) is anything other than the best bike ever to be created by god himself/ herself.

kgt

by kgt

ichobi wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:52 am
kgt wrote:And my friend replaced three s-works frames under warranty because all developed cracks for no reason. So what? I would get a Cipollini anytime over a made in China frame.
Your bias towards non-outsourced brands is well known, doesnt mean other people cant make fine bikes outsourced or otherwise. Your sweeping statement is bordering on blind elitism and does not contribute anything to the discussion. But at this point nobody would be bothered trying to reason with you. Pick your poison and i will pick mine but in house made brand that have third rate knowledge of carbon manufacturing that cant even make straight seat tube is out of my list. I rather take bikes made by Giant or Merida for other brands than any Cipo bike.
Your public bias towards De Rosa bikes, outsourced and made in Asia, makes your sweeping statement contradictory.
If my "bias towards non-outsourced brands is well known" and you find no reason whatsoever then why don't you just stop following my posts and quoting my words. You will really do me a big favor and it will be much better for all of us. Thanks.

PS I don't like De Rosa frames because they are made in Italy (they are not) and Giant does not outsource their top frames (this is the reason I think Giant's top frames are actually very well made, as I said many times). So, try to be informed before typing your words of wisdom.
Last edited by kgt on Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alanyu

by alanyu

FYI, Pinarello frames are NOT made in taiwan. They are made in Dongguan.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

With mass production there are always going to be “bad apples”, these carbon companies are just focused on pushing out numbers, its been clear for a long while now that QC can suffers from this.

Its kinda stupid hating on pinarello when you have seen the vid

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

tigradekat

by tigradekat

kgt wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:43 am
That's not a fact mate. It all depends on agreed manufacturing quality and QC. Not in which part of the world the factory is located.

by Weenie