Chinarello V Pinarello by Luescher

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Yes, three. Strangely dead feeling and heavy.
They did nothing for me and I came away thinking how overrated they are.

flying

by flying

robertbb wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:59 pm
The quality on BOTH is absolutely putrid. Unbelieveable!
For nearly a decade I have said Carbon is the drywall of the cycling industry

Like drywall in the building industry it is the standard material used
Cheap to manufacture...basically does the job & hides a multitude of imperfections
Has no real longevity & is easily damaged

Saddest thing about Pinarello is it had such a rich history of beautiful workmanship.
Of course those were Columbus Tubing frames but they were built by Pinarello & showed great pride

These days? :noidea:

by Weenie

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Pinarello is a "trash brand." Garbage bikes with short, and often not accepted warranties. They are like Trek in that their best days you'd think, were long ago.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

One can only hope the newer frames are better, I would be interested to see a f12 or f12xlight cut up.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

hannawald

by hannawald

Hmm, interesting there is so much hate for Pinarello..it is because of the price? Strange someone say they are dead, because whatever review i have read they were described as very responsive, best of all bikes. They polarise reviewers whether they are comfortable or harsch but never dead..

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

hannawald wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:25 pm
Hmm, interesting there is so much hate for Pinarello..it is because of the price? Strange someone say they are dead, because whatever review i have read they were described as very responsive, best of all bikes. They polarise reviewers whether they are comfortable or harsch but never dead..
People behave like this because they want to trash all brands that they don't own. This will make them believe that they have made the correct decision of not riding a Pinarello. This is no different from someone who rides a disk brake trashing rim brakes, an aero bike trashing a climbing bike, tubeless trashing non-tubeless, a mechanical groupset trashing electronic groupset....

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:43 pm
hannawald wrote:
People behave like this because they want to trash all brands that they don't own. This will make them believe that they have made the correct decision of not riding a Pinarello. This is no different from someone who rides a disk brake trashing rim brakes, an aero bike trashing a climbing bike, tubeless trashing non-tubeless, a mechanical groupset trashing electronic groupset....
Not really. I could have purchased any brand so tested a few. Lots of positive reviews of pinarello so tried them and didn't like them. Nothing to do the brand. In a blind test I'd have given the same result.

I felt the same way about a few specialized bikes and a couple of cannondale too. All highly regarded but I didn't like them.
Just my opinion and yours may vary.

I also think BMWs are massively overrated and wouldn't have one as a gift. Some people ike things and others don't, that's the great part about having an opinion and not feeling the need to try and impress people.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

hannawald wrote:
Hmm, interesting there is so much hate for Pinarello..it is because of the price?
I bet this is a factor for some of the "hate". It is easier on the self esteem than saying "I can't afford it".

I nearly purchased a K10. The geometry in my size is like a custom made frame for me, with steering/handling properties that perfectly suit my meniacal descending urges. In the end it is too damn heavy - I like light bikes :noidea: . And the video sealed it for me. I want perfection at premium price levels. I don't hate the brand. It would be nice to own a Dogma of some sort.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 am
Well, how many bikes have you seen "cut through"?
Also, how many frames from each brand?
Not to say i'd buy a copy, i have never even bought a single item or component "used".
Personally, i try to support European brands made in Europe.

A guy in town is racing/ competing, both MTB and Road.
Anyway, he bough a new Specialized MTB with a large indent. It looks like a small ball have been in the mold.
He went back to the deal, which in turn took a pic and sent to the agent/ distributor here.
He did not get a replacement frame. Agent had lots of this "model" with same indent.
The bikes was bough during 2020.
So, do i say all Specialized frames are shit!
Nope,... But who would want that visual flaw in their new bought full price bike!?

Yeah, if anything all this implies that an equal number of carbon frames, no matter what the brand, are compromised in some way.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

hannawald wrote:
Hmm, interesting there is so much hate for Pinarello..it is because of the price?
Hummm . . Let me think, many reports of cracks (F8, F10), oversaturated marketing, highly inflated price and a short warranty. What's not to love?

fogman

by fogman

Should it be called Chinarello vs. Taiwanarello?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

velov

by velov

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:08 pm
hannawald wrote:
I bet this is a factor for some of the "hate". It is easier on the self esteem than saying "I can't afford it".
This WW, plenty of posters have bikes that are equally if not more expensive than a Dogma. Getting sponsorship with the right team at the right time has saved Pinarello, nothing special about their bikes (I have owned an F10).

chorus88

by chorus88

velov wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:07 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:08 pm
hannawald wrote:
This WW, plenty of posters have bikes that are equally if not more expensive than a Dogma. Getting sponsorship with the right team at the right time has saved Pinarello, nothing special about their bikes (I have owned an F10).
Winners want great bikes.
Recent TDF winners w/PINARELLO,
88TDF: Delgado, 91-95TDF: Indurain, 96TDF: Riis, 97TDF: Ullrich, 06TDF: Pereiro, 12TDF: Wiggins, 13TDF: Froome, 15-17TDF: Froome, 18TDF: Thomas & 19TDF: Bernal
I see a trend!
When Technology Becomes Emotion

velov

by velov

All those riders had/have the ability to win on a Bianchi, Trek, Giant....don't drink the Kool Aid

chorus88

by chorus88

velov wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:48 am
All those riders had/have the ability to win on a Bianchi, Trek, Giant....don't drink the Kool Aid
Nope!
Other Bike manufacturers have tried & failed.
When Technology Becomes Emotion

by Weenie