Chinarello V Pinarello by Luescher

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
velov

by velov

Raoul Luescher does a detailed comparison...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnPY0hMs_8

by Weenie

Shpox

by Shpox

Both look junk really. :noidea:

velov

by velov

Shpox wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:18 am
Both look junk really. :noidea:
Yeah for what Pina charges it shouldn't require that much of an analysis.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Aren't they both Chinarello's?

The faults in the genuine frame around the seat tube cluster are unforgivable. I'll pass.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Pinarello have and will always be a brand I'd never buy. Just something about them.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Well, how many bikes have you seen "cut through"?
Also, how many frames from each brand?
Not to say i'd buy a copy, i have never even bought a single item or component "used".
Personally, i try to support European brands made in Europe.

A guy in town is racing/ competing, both MTB and Road.
Anyway, he bough a new Specialized MTB with a large indent. It looks like a small ball have been in the mold.
He went back to the deal, which in turn took a pic and sent to the agent/ distributor here.
He did not get a replacement frame. Agent had lots of this "model" with same indent.
The bikes was bough during 2020.
So, do i say all Specialized frames are shit!
Nope,... But who would want that visual flaw in their new bought full price bike!?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

Rishie

by Rishie

That’s an interesting video and for some part not a huge amount of difference between the frames! :evil:

c60rider

by c60rider

4 years ago when I built up my dream superbike I had it in mind that I would probably buy a Pinarello. Maybe a historical reason as I loved the old steel ones ridden by the Reynolds/Banesto team. But the rate that Sky were breaking them every time they crashed really started to put me off and then realised the obvious choice for me was a C60. I don't think there's anything special about a Pinarello any more and you can put them with all other manufacturers that make their frames in the same oriental factories. Only they charge a massive premium for the name perhaps double the price of what they ought to. Maybe it's to pay the Grenadiers to sponsor them I still can't get over that name they're going to be called :lol: . I only hope Colnago don't go completely oriental and still make their flagship frame in Italy.

kgt

by kgt

In general, all outsourced in China carbon frames are of the same low quality. The brand of the frame does not really matter.

roadhog44

by roadhog44

Rishie wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:18 am
That’s an interesting video and for some part not a huge amount of difference between the frames! :evil:
Other than just one developing a fault that would've likely resulted in serious injury...no real difference......

robertbb

by robertbb

The quality on BOTH is absolutely putrid. Unbelieveable!

Just another data point reinforcing my decision never to buy a carbon bike again. Unless it's a Giant.

ichobi

by ichobi

kgt wrote:In general, all outsourced in China carbon frames are of the same low quality. The brand of the frame does not really matter.
My friend’s 2019 Cipo still have misaligned integrated seat post. European made and all. Image this is not the first one either. Keep believing.

Rishie

by Rishie

roadhog44 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:46 pm
Rishie wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:18 am
Other than just one developing a fault that would've likely resulted in serious injury...no real difference......
Ha...yeah, other that one minor detail. :wink:

hannawald

by hannawald

Nice video. It is couple of years old frame, i guess the production methods have evolved and some brands now claiming their frames looks almost as good from inside as from outside..

by Weenie

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:56 am
Pinarello have and will always be a brand I'd never buy. Just something about them.
Ever tried one?