Cervélo Caledonia 2021

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sigma

by sigma

maquisard wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:04 pm
I think you are missing the point of the intended market for this bike - it precisely intended to not be specific to any genre but to be able to handle multiple. That doesn't necessarily mean a 'super compromise' as very few riders need a super specific bike, dedicated to a particular discipline, in the first place.
In some ways, this reminds me of the Argon Krypton Pro. Maybe a bit more emphasis on aero / less on weight but similar range of activities...
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

MichaelB

by MichaelB

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:02 am
I don't believe so. But the 105 build is very reasonable priced, so I'd just strip it down and sell the groupset.

It'd probably end up being cheaper than whatever they'd charge for just the frameset, anyways
In Aus, the 105 bike is A$4,300 (US$3,000) and colour is ugly, so not liking that option too much. Oh well :|

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tepextate

by tepextate

Anybody get this bike yet? Really curious what the purple carbon looks like IRL, since I've seen pictures rangeing from almost-black to bright purple. I'm guessing it changes based on the lighting, but wondering if it's more black or more purple.

Also wondering what kit I can match to the purple frame. :)

AndreLM

by AndreLM

This review has a couple of pictures of the Purple one in sunlight:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/Gravel/Cerve ... _7714.html

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

moonoi

by moonoi

I’ve just placed an order for the purple carbon/force AXS build, in a 58. Been told it is 30 days if in stock at the warehouse, 45 if it’s in stock at China and needs to be shipped and 60+ days if sold out and needs to wait for the next batch. Should find out later this week which it is, hopefully it’s available at the central warehouse.

motorthings

by motorthings

I've been waiting on a response from Cervelo for weeks on my question about offering a zero offset seatpost (or if the R5 zero offset post works). Since they don't have a telephone number listed on their site, i'd expect a response someday...

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

motorthings wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:39 am
I've been waiting on a response from Cervelo for weeks on my question about offering a zero offset seatpost (or if the R5 zero offset post works). Since they don't have a telephone number listed on their site, i'd expect a response someday...
Yes, there's a zero offset post offered on the smaller sizes. 51cm and under. So it is available. And yes, it's the same seatpost as the R5. I ordered frame only and was able to change bars and stem size at no extra cost. The cyclingtips review has good details. The item number is: SP-R5SP18-ZERO

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/07/cervelo ... de-review/

https://www.cervelo.com/en_CA/sp-r5sp18 ... ost-for-r5

motorthings

by motorthings

thanks!

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

I have the purple frameset in progress for a build and so far seems very high quality and nice. Paint is really nice. Didn't get actual weight of frame only since I dont have a scale at home, but will report back with final build - going with Red AXS. The frameset comes with seatpost, bars, and stem, and I was able to change sizes from my LBS at no charge. Comes with all the extras, out front stem mount etc. Even includes hydro hose foam liners for noise dampening. So although the frameset price might seem steep - you get seatpost, bars, stem too. The blue red axs complete was back ordered till Feb 2021 - and comes with the zipp 303s wheels which I wouldve sold off since theyre hookless. Will report back for review when build is complete.

maquisard

by maquisard

Hi Woody, is it possible to see some pictures of the frame svp?

Daveke

by Daveke

I have the purple one too and it's very nice. Had it for like a month now.

Picture can be found in my Strava file;
https://strava.app.link/7DEUeJcRG9

maquisard

by maquisard

A very beautiful bike!

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Bad photo.
Build:
Red axs full
Easton ec90 aero 55
Waiting for parts.
Also building an Aspero with Axs + Easton EA90 wheels.
Attachments
19BEF6FC-7C74-4BA1-9B80-A3725A17C819.jpeg

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

Very curious to hear how you think the Caledonia and Aspero compare. I already have an Aspero (and an R5) and am thinking about maybe adding the Caledonia to the line up, at some point, as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daveke

by Daveke

Theyre very similar, although Ive never ridden the Aspero with road tires.
That direct steering feel is there on the Caledonia, the a bit harsher ride but stiff bottom bracket taking every beating you give it.

I like it, quite a lot actually