Cervélo Caledonia 2021

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Svetty

by Svetty

Just picked up my Caledonia 5 Force AXS....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Please post some photos!

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable first ride

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

In this setup it weighs 8.6kg. But that includes Garmin 530, Garmin Vario Rearlight, and a saddlebag filled. Plus am running 32mm Conti Four seasons. So not the lightest Setup.....but for crappy weather purposes ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

maquisard

by maquisard

I love your hubs!

kode54

by kode54

Nice.

How wide of a tire can you get in there with those fenders?

You're going to have to update your long list of bikes!
alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:30 am
In this setup it weighs 8.6kg. But that includes Garmin 530, Garmin Vario Rearlight, and a saddlebag filled. Plus am running 32mm Conti Four seasons. So not the lightest Setup.....but for crappy weather purposes ideal.

- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

kode54 wrote:Nice.

How wide of a tire can you get in there with those fenders?

You're going to have to update your long list of bikes!
alexneumuller wrote:

They are 32mm and that is pretty much maxed out with those fenders. There is very very limited space at the back tire and BB. For road surfaces it be fine.

I would update my list.....but there is no more space In my signature. And I have an ISEN All-Season arriving next week, a Factor Ostro beginning of next year.....and a Speedvagen TI, Bastion and a Pegoretti Round on delivery list for next year.

My Venge will be sold ... so at least something is leaving the stable.

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

tmr5555

by tmr5555

alexneumuller wrote:
In this setup it weighs 8.6kg.
What brand are those fenders?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

They are custom made size wise from https://flexi-carbon.de

Probably the lightest ones on the market and priced at just shy of 200Euros

Strava
Instagram

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Caledonia 5 done.
Etap Red AXS.
EASTON EC90

Not sure exact weight but using the bathroom scale method about 17lbs.
Solid stiff bike.
I like it better than 2020 Systemsix and Supersix stints that I had problems with and didn't like.
My one complaint is that the seatpost doesn't allow much adjustment. I have the zero setback which uses the same clamps on an Aspero although it's round, and there is not much room for adjustment. Cervelo really needs to redesign this. But that's fairly minor. Best new bike purchase for me in a while. AXS front derailleur working okay for now. Built myself. Pretty easy build. Have to glue the steerer plug. Another little downfall. Am happy overall. Underrated frame.
Attachments
8E42E068-1F35-42D2-82DD-69166CC93D0D.jpeg

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

That looks fantastic. Really great job...makes mine look like pig
woodyvalentine wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:11 pm
Caledonia 5 done.
Etap Red AXS.
EASTON EC90

Solid stiff bike.
I like it better than 2020 Systemsix and Supersix stints that I had problems with and didn't like.
My one complaint is that the seatpost doesn't allow much adjustment. I have the zero setback which uses the same clamps on an Aspero although it's round, and there is not much room for adjustment. Cervelo really needs to redesign this. But that's fairly minor. Best new bike purchase for me in a while. AXS front derailleur working okay for now. Built myself. Pretty easy build. Have to glue the steerer plug. Another little downfall. Am happy overall. Underrated frame.

Strava
Instagram

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

alexneumuller wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:13 pm
That looks fantastic. Really great job...makes mine look like pig
woodyvalentine wrote:
Caledonia 5 done.
Etap Red AXS.
EASTON EC90

Solid stiff bike.
Yours is likely built more for the intended audience as a fowl weather big tire bike. I've got 25mm on mine right now and set up more as road mode. I don't even find the geo on this to be too tall in a 54. It's not a slow big tractor. It's a smidge tall but not by much. From a glance from far it looks like any other tarmac/emonda genre all rounder bike. Just more clearance and a bit diff geo. But how many of us are really racing grand tours. I'd equate it to a fast and sporty SUV. Which on the daily is most practical. Domaine and roubaix have many more gimics.

scarzy

by scarzy

woodyvalentine wrote:
Caledonia 5 done.
Etap Red AXS.
EASTON EC90

Solid stiff bike.
Looks great! What size is this and how tall are you? Interested in building up a Caledonia 5 for an all road bike with some 32s on it but can't decide on a size...

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

scarzy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:08 pm
woodyvalentine wrote:
Caledonia 5 done.
Etap Red AXS.
EASTON EC90

Solid stiff bike.
Looks great! What size is this and how tall are you? Interested in building up a Caledonia 5 for an all road bike with some 32s on it but can't decide on a size...
It's a 54.
I'm 5'8"
Saddle height is 72cm BB Cc-TOP.
Stem 110
Bars 40cm

Saddle is slammed as far forward on the 20mm offset seatpost. Not much adjustment.
Stem is slammed on the short stack headset cover.
I'd say 5'8" is the shortest someone should be on a 54. Any smaller and you'd have not much drop or seatpost left.
I was in between sizes with the 51 but I generally go with 54s. This worked out fine. The zero offset seatpost would likely put me a bit too forward. Even less adjustment on that. Maybe a couple MM lower on the front would have been better but geo is a pretty good fit. 51 would've had a few spacers and longer stem.

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Wout's:
Attachments
06C4C6E0-BCA7-4F96-9439-1243791CAD00.jpeg

Maddie

by Maddie

WVA's racing on a Caledonia?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com