Cervélo Caledonia 2021

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JWTS

by JWTS

Got my Caledonia 5, waiting for my Metron Arc handlebars. I was looking at the cone spacer on the Caledonia and then realized it won't exactly match up. I thought about whittling away on the Cervelo spacer. Then I stumbled across this here: https://www.fsaproshop.com/products/acr-cervelo-spacer

Found one supposedly in stock in a shop in Hungary, so I ordered it up. Turns out Vision does make some bike-specific cone spacers for a few different bikes. Eager to see if I actually receive this thing!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kookie

by kookie

First on the waiting list for the Caledonia Rival AXS. Was thinking about the Caledonia 5 but would have been 4th on the waiting list and bring other bikes into play.

Originally was going to order the Emonda SL6 Pro but the bike shop said it may not come for another 12-13 months!

Eventually plan on upgrading the wheels, saddle, seatpost and maybe handlebar to make the bike lighter.

ShApeBE

by ShApeBE

Does the stack height of the Caledonia 5 include the headset top cap? And if it is included, which one is it?
You have one 7mm or 22mm cap.

Also I can't find the maximum allowed seatpost height.

JWTS

by JWTS

ShApeBE wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:23 pm
Does the stack height of the Caledonia 5 include the headset top cap? And if it is included, which one is it?

stack height is with the lower 7mm cap.

max seatpost height on which size? they don't list actual seat tube lengths, though if you email them they'll respond.

Actual seat tube lengths:

Size 48: 434mm (approxm, measured)
Size 51:478mm (from Cervelo)
Size 54:508mm (frome Cervelo, verified on my bike).

ShApeBE

by ShApeBE

JWTS wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:36 pm
ShApeBE wrote:

max seatpost height on which size? they don't list actual seat tube lengths, though if you email them they'll respond.

I need a size 56, i asked them about the seatpost length and the stack height, but got a standard reply back that I should contact my local dealer..., so i didnt get any info from them.
I need a stack height frame of 595 and then +-15mm of spacers. So if I am correct that would be the 22mm topcap + 3x5mm spacers, which is not that bad of a look on this bike.
But now Im thinking if I should go for the 58cm if that 7mm topcap is included because then I would need just a 5mm spacer. ( or none).
I just got really long legs at 91cm and total bodyheight is 182cm. Seatpost height should be 801mm

JWTS

by JWTS

ShApeBE wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:35 pm
JWTS wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:36 pm
ShApeBE wrote:

I need a size 56, i asked them about the seatpost length and the stack height, but got a standard reply back that I should contact my local dealer..., so i didnt get any info from them.
I need a stack height frame of 595 and then +-15mm of spacers. So if I am correct that would be the 22mm topcap + 3x5mm spacers, which is not that bad of a look on this bike.
But now Im thinking if I should go for the 58cm if that 7mm topcap is included because then I would need just a 5mm spacer. ( or none).
I just got really long legs at 91cm and total bodyheight is 182cm. Seatpost height should be 801mm
I'd recommend prodding them again and seeing if they can tell you C-T on the 56 and 58. They gave me the info on the 51 and 54 same day. As far as stack height, what I measured was within 1-2mm of the published specs w/the shorter cap, measured to the mid-point (center of steerer). You really need the mechanical drawing for the exact numbers, but I don't think they'll disclose that. I can tell you that this dimension on frame drawings is typically done w/o the headset cap, though.

motorthings

by motorthings

i'm interested in the green metalflake caledonia 5 frameset, but not a big fan of the blue color they use for the graphics...is anyone aware of a company that sells matching decals I could lay over the existing ones that would match the size?

kervelo

by kervelo

Caledonia owners: what are your experiences of installing mudguards? Using 28 or 30 mm road tyres, is there enough room behind the bb to fit a full length mudguard? I believe in addition to the chainstay bridge there is an attachment point for the mudguard behind the bb?

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

motorthings wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:19 am
i'm interested in the green metalflake caledonia 5 frameset, but not a big fan of the blue color they use for the graphics...is anyone aware of a company that sells matching decals I could lay over the existing ones that would match the size?
Your local vinyl/sign shop should be able to create something like that.
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

Erwin

by Erwin

Could a Caledonia 5 fork with epoxied expander/insert be shortenend? I want to buy a slightly used Caledonia 5, but there are some spacers under the stem I don't need.

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

You'll need to remove the insert before you're able to shorten the steerer tube. To remove it, place an extra 10mm spacer on top of the stem/under the top cap, then tighten down on the top cap bolt until the expander starts to move upwards. If needed, add additional spacers until the expander is fully removed. The expoxy they use isn't very strong, so it should break free pretty easily.

You'll then need to sand down any remaining expoxy and clean the tube with alcohol before installing a new fork insert (cervelo sells a kit)

Erwin

by Erwin

Perfect explaination, thank you!

forklifter

by forklifter

Has anyone of you ever changed the stem? Is it necessary to shorten the brake lines when changing from 100mm to 90mm or 80mm?

I would change the handlebar from 420mm to 380mm and the stem to 90mm or 80mm. I can not imagine that the brake lines can be pushed so much into the frame.

kafreeman

by kafreeman

Still mostly stock but wheel upgrade on my Caledonia.

LB WR55Image

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

forklifter

by forklifter

Today my Caledonia 5 arrived.
Sadly it have some headset issues and I am not able to fix it on the standard way of work.

Checked everything, nothing said in the manual.
Does anybody has some experience with it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com