Ridley Noah Fast experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

troefel

by troefel

How are the feder wheels?

jackie

by jackie

Milese wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 pm
jackie wrote:did you measure each of the component weight?
7kg is very light.
Yes, as in the table I shared. I weighed them, I didn't make them up.

The complete bike shows as 7.0kg on my luggage scales so matches the individual part list.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
interesting.. i have the similar build but with Rotor 2inpower crank, new Farsport tubular wheelset selle italia SLR Carbonia and it weighting about 7.5ish kg.
Lowest i got was 7.2kg when i had it 25mm vittroia cosra, 46/30 chainring and expedo Ti look pedal maybe it the CK PF30 BB. that thing is heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Milese

by Milese

jackie wrote:
Milese wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 pm
jackie wrote:did you measure each of the component weight?
7kg is very light.
Yes, as in the table I shared. I weighed them, I didn't make them up.

The complete bike shows as 7.0kg on my luggage scales so matches the individual part list.

interesting.. i have the similar build but with Rotor 2inpower crank, new Farsport tubular wheelset selle italia SLR Carbonia and it weighting about 7.5ish kg.
Lowest i got was 7.2kg when i had it 25mm vittroia cosra, 46/30 chainring and expedo Ti look pedal maybe it the CK PF30 BB. that thing is heavy.
All I can suggest is that you strip it down and weigh it up.

A few parts dont make a build.

jackie

by jackie

i did that why i first got it in 2019. maybe the new paintwork make the bike lighter.

my helium SLX Disc was about 6.6kg though.

Milese

by Milese

jackie wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:15 am
i did that why i first got it in 2019. maybe the new paintwork make the bike lighter.

my helium SLX Disc was about 6.6kg though.
Compare your frame weright to my frame weight to see if the frame is the difference?

Milese

by Milese

troefel wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:54 am
How are the feder wheels?
Feders are great, no issues at all. Carbon Ti hubs are loud compared to 99% of other wheels on road bikes, but seem very smooth. Very pleased with them.

Hit a pot hole last night which bounced my bottle and twisted my shifter enough to pull the di2 cables out, but wheel is still completely true.

jackie

by jackie

thought i share my ridley Noah fast warranty exp.. not sure who is at fault here.
thought i share some thought on merlincycle due to a unforunate warranty claim on my crack bb on my 2020 Noah Fast
got my Bike from Merlin cycle..
in May this year. found some crack on my bottom bracket area and i send a few email n photo to Merlincycle and Ridley. Ridley and Merlincycle suggested to me to send it back as they believe it was crack.. Due to covid19 situation, Normal postage was not avail due to the bulky item. Had to arrange UPS and pay a hefty XXX amount to send it back. Merlin got it in June. and i thought okie. should be fast and on 30th June mention that they will file a warranty claim with Ridley and waiting for the next course of action. Okie. that was fast.. WRONG. nothing happens and I email merlin and they said, Ridley on Summer break. only back in Aug so they cant do anything, I was like. WTF> u raise a warranty claim. they accept it. so why we need to wait.. anyway I didn't have a choice but to wait for JULY to end and Aug to arrive. Aug arrives and they mention they will work on in asap.. I believe Merlincycle and i also drop Ridley some email and Ridley said they are waiting for Merlincycle to send the frame. No reponse from Merlincycle even though a few email was send to them and i didn't think too much about it as i was tied up with other commitment. and thinking maybe they waiting for the new frame. Sept came. i email Merlincycle check the status... my god. NOTHING WAS DONE. . and they were saying. they were waiting for Ridley to arrange pickup.. i email Ridley. and they said. they were waiting for Merlin to send.... . 40 over email was send back n forth during this period. 2 weeks ago.. Merlin said they will arrange to send it out .... so I email them end of last week. and today. i got an email.. It not being send out yet.. reason ... waiting to arrange with Ridley to arrange for be pick up.. oh my god.. how many times can these excuses be used.
i quote the email from merlin"
This is now being dealt with by our Warranty manger and his opposite number at Ridley, as far as I am aware we are just awaiting for them to arrange the collection still unfortunately, we will let you know as soon as it has been uplifted."
i honestly dont know who is causing the delay.. Merlin said waiting for Ridley to pick it up. Ridley said. they are waiting for Merlin to send the frame.so from May till date. I have no bike.. so for 3 long months nothing happen. and if i know they will be so slow. i would have just got a new frame.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Thanks for the heads up. Enough reason to stay away from both Merlin and Ridley.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

RDY

by RDY

To me that sounds like BS on Merlin's part. Usually the distributor / retailer (them in this case) would send the frame back to source and then be reimbursed for associated costs, or have it included as part of the retail / distribution contract. Source, whether it be manufacturer (in this case), or a master distributor, very rarely arranges collection - unlike in the consumer / retailer relationship where it's far more common.

Either way, miserable service.

jackie

by jackie

yup. imagine 3 month and listening to them provide reasons n saying. we waiting for ridley to arrange pick up.. and ridley is telling. me. they waitin for them to send.. now after many email n months , suddenly tell me. this matter is now being handle by our warranty manger and they are in contact with Ridley.. ..

jackie

by jackie

oh my god... .. 2 week later. they still waiting to pick up the frame

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

jackie wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:01 am
Uhhh, some major shops cannot even supply Ridley for months. Pretty sure that a frame on-hand for a warranty claim is just as congested.
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

jackie wrote:
I guess if i were you, i would call Merlin and say i send the frame myself.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

jackie

by jackie

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:59 pm
jackie wrote:
I guess if i were you, i would call Merlin and say i send the frame myself.
i did say that before. but they need the frame back n then they will need to send it.
anyway talking to merlin and Ridley back and forth. make me realize that unlikely buy another bike from them again..

jackie

by jackie

some updates after soo long. NOW> RIDLEY came back n said my frame fracture was due to an impact..not a normal fractrure so wont be warrantied.. what a load of bullshit. the crack on the cran drivekside. if any impact my crank would be first to be hit. guess i will be selling those ridley bikes that i have with me..
Apparently seem that Ridley doenst have much good names when it come to warranty.

https://www.facebook.com/ridleybikes/re ... e_internal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com