Sigeyi Direct Mount Derailleur Hanger (Quick Review)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

My Sigeyi for Bianchi doesn't fit the same as original one (I had it reanodised to black but that should not make size difference)..the original one fit almost snuggly while Sigeyi is quite free and it is held in place but wheel and tightened by axle. So when you put your wheel back on the bike you need to push the hanger back (it is moved out of place by tension in rear derailleur).
Is it a problem for safety/bike durability?

This is how free is the hanger..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

hannawald wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:01 pm
My Sigeyi for Bianchi doesn't fit the same as original one (I had it reanodised to black but that should not make size difference)..the original one fit almost snuggly while Sigeyi is quite free and it is held in place but wheel and tightened by axle. So when you put your wheel back on the bike you need to push the hanger back (it is moved out of place by tension in rear derailleur).
Is it a problem for safety/bike durability?

This is how free is the hanger..
Not a problem. There are many brands who make frames where the hanger is only tightened with one screw, so that hanger can actually move a bit. Wilier is one of them.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Yeah but that hanger doesn’t look right, don’t use it.

hannawald

by hannawald

robbosmans wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:18 pm
Yeah but that hanger doesn’t look right, don’t use it.
I sent the photo to Sigeyi and they told me it is their design choice. They had the front "head" bigger originally but reduced the size after trying on different Bianchi models. So it is normal according to them. But I am still reluctant to use it because it means you have to grab the derailleur and push it back to allign the frame and hanger holes before you can start to tighten the axle. With original hanger the axle always finds it way and allign what is necessary. I don't change wheels that often so I may still prefer nicer looking DM hanger and weight savings but I just feel something is not right here. Tightening the rear wheel axle should stop any movements between the hanger and carbon frame so I actually don't know what I am afraid of but 20g savings is not worth the doubts about my and my bike safety..but I would really appreciate some other oppinions on this, if somebody is good at mechanics..

NMK

by NMK

Hi all, NVM, Sigeyi replied.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

If I understand correctly, Sigeyi hangers are compatible with Campagnolo Super Record 12s derailleur?

I´d need this one https://www.sigeyishop.com/product/cany ... ur-hanger/

Besenwagen

by Besenwagen

Direct mount works with Shimano RDs only.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Roadrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:36 pm
If I understand correctly, Sigeyi hangers are compatible with Campagnolo Super Record 12s derailleur?

Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical derailleurs can fit direct mount hangers with the RD-SR105 screw kit. I say this with only 80% certainty as I've never tried it myself and am just regurgitating what I read elsewhere.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

1llum4 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:54 pm
dolophonic wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:03 pm
These look good but they are only for shimano ? i am running etap on my giant ... shame
These direct mount hanger only work with current generation shimano rear derailleur (Dura-Ace 9100, Ultegra 8000 & 105 7000 & GRX) or Campy 12s derailleur.

They are designed for the Direct mount road standard which Sram never used.
Hexsense wrote: ↑Tue May 25, 2021 6:41 am
^because there is no b-link to be removed from Sram/Campag rd.

Actually, 12s Campagnolo has a B-link and I remember some members posting photos with a DM hanger.

Well, it looks there are some very different opinions on Sigeyi + Campag 12s through this thread.

My SR 12s mechanical derailleur has something that looks linke B-link, but not sure about this. Will post some pics later.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Roadrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 pm
1llum4 wrote:
dolophonic wrote:
These look good but they are only for shimano ? i am running etap on my giant ... shame
These direct mount hanger only work with current generation shimano rear derailleur (Dura-Ace 9100, Ultegra 8000 & 105 7000 & GRX) or Campy 12s derailleur.

Actually, 12s Campagnolo has a B-link and I remember some members posting photos with a DM hanger.

Well, it looks there are some very different opinions on Sigeyi + Campag 12s through this thread.

My SR 12s mechanical derailleur has something that looks linke B-link, but not sure about this. Will post some pics later.
Page 7 of the 12 speed RD manual shows how to convert the RD to work with a DM hanger:

https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... 21_ENG.pdf
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Nickldn wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:01 pm
Roadrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 pm
1llum4 wrote:
dolophonic wrote:

Page 7 of the 12 speed RD manual shows how to convert the RD to work with a DM hanger:

https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... 21_ENG.pdf
I think everything is answered now :-) Of course only in case the Sigeyi hanger meets the Campag requirements from page 6.

Even though I just received reply from Sigeyi that their DM hangers are only compatible with Shimano.
I´ll have to send them that Campagnolo manual.

Btw. why the positioning screw is supposed to go from opposite side with DM hanger? (see Fig.2-3 page 7 from Campy manual)

oldmac

by oldmac

Check the page 6 of Campagnolo manual, the thickness of the direct hanger for Campagnolo rear derailleur is 7mm.
But the thickness of the direct hanger for Shimano rear derailleur is 8mm.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

oldmac wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:26 am
Check the page 6 of Campagnolo manual, the thickness of the direct hanger for Campagnolo rear derailleur is 7mm.
But the thickness of the direct hanger for Shimano rear derailleur is 8mm.
Manual says 7mm min

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

deleted
Last edited by PoorCyclist on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usr

by usr

StiffWeenies wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 pm
Roadrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:36 pm

Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical derailleurs can fit direct mount hangers with the RD-SR105 screw kit. I say this with only 80% certainty as I've never tried it myself and am just regurgitating what I read elsewhere.
Add in additional 20% certainty from me, that hanger is holding the Record RD on my Aeroad just fine using the RF-SR105. Just looks a bit weird because the RD appears so detached from the frame (b-link is perceived as part of the RD, Sigeyi hanger is perceived as unexpected standoff between frame and RD)

And yes, the RF-SR105 screw goes in from the "wrong" side, it needs the fat head to not slip past the DM hanger stop which is in a different angle than on the Campag "b-link". The screw has hex sockets on both ends to keep it adjustable.