Sigeyi Direct Mount Derailleur Hanger (Quick Review)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

usr wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:49 am
StiffWeenies wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 pm
Roadrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:36 pm
If I understand correctly, Sigeyi hangers are compatible with Campagnolo Super Record 12s derailleur?

I´d need this one https://www.sigeyishop.com/product/cany ... ur-hanger/
Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical derailleurs can fit direct mount hangers with the RD-SR105 screw kit. I say this with only 80% certainty as I've never tried it myself and am just regurgitating what I read elsewhere.
Add in additional 20% certainty from me, that hanger is holding the Record RD on my Aeroad just fine using the RF-SR105. Just looks a bit weird because the RD appears so detached from the frame (b-link is perceived as part of the RD, Sigeyi hanger is perceived as unexpected standoff between frame and RD)

And yes, the RF-SR105 screw goes in from the "wrong" side, it needs the fat head to not slip past the DM hanger stop which is in a different angle than on the Campag "b-link". The screw has hex sockets on both ends to keep it adjustable.
Interesting, could you perhaps share some pictures of your setup? I've never seen the RD-SR105 actually installed on a bike

usr

by usr

When I started that little vanity project I couldn't find any pictures of a Campag DM RD mod on the entirety of Google, but when I brought up the topic on the 12s thread a few appeared.

Here are mine (sorry for the grime, don't look too close at the pics if dirty bikes cause you pain)

20211102_114515_compress68.jpg
20211102_114321_compress95.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nickldn

by Nickldn

usr wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:56 am
When I started that little vanity project I couldn't find any pictures of a Campag DM RD mod on the entirety of Google, but when I brought up the topic on the 12s thread a few appeared.

Here are mine (sorry for the grime, don't look too close at the pics if dirty bikes cause you pain)

Looks good! Wish I could find a Direct Mount RD hanger for my ZX1. Sadly I think it would have to be a custom job.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

usr wrote:

Looks fantastic! I'd say that the Sigeyi hanger complements the OEM cage design

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

usr wrote:

I must thank you also, you helped me to decide in Sigeyi favor, although they replied it´s not compatible. At first I must say the stock No. 25 Canyon hanger shouldn´t be compatible anyway, it´s out of Campy specs when I measured it (dimension X from page 4 is much longer).

You have the same setup as me: rim brake II. gen mechanical Aeroad on Campagnolo 12s.

Btw. did you sand down the hanger to 7mm or you just install it?

The screw is really supposed to go this way? How did you adjust it then? :)

1llum4

by 1llum4

The B-Tension screw is adjusted via a 2mm Allen key. The bolt has a recessed hole at the back to make the adjustment.

usr

by usr

Roadrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:11 pm
Why would l? It's clearly made to connect to hangers designed for Shimano (that funny "backwards head" screw is an obvious workaround to the "35.5°(+5°/-15°)" angle mentioned in the manual that they clearly didn't chose themselves) and the minimum width is just the width of their B-link (my vernier agrees). The main bolt for connecting to the b-link or DM-hanger doesn't care for extra thread depth available, unlike a Shimano shadow RD that would be picky about width. The only uncertainty is horizontal offset, but that appears to be well enough in the "18 +/-1" range.

And yes, the screw is supposed to go that way, allen slot on both ends. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the development history they were expecting DM to become far more popular than it eventually turned out and planned on including it by default, making the conversion from DM to conventional "add b-link, flip adjuster screw". Why else would it have an allen slot on the fat end?

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

usr wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:35 pm
Roadrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:11 pm
Why would l? It's clearly made to connect to hangers designed for Shimano (that funny "backwards head" screw is an obvious workaround to the "35.5°(+5°/-15°)" angle mentioned in the manual that they clearly didn't chose themselves) and the minimum width is just the width of their B-link (my vernier agrees). The main bolt for connecting to the b-link or DM-hanger doesn't care for extra thread depth available, unlike a Shimano shadow RD that would be picky about width. The only uncertainty is horizontal offset, but that appears to be well enough in the "18 +/-1" range.

And yes, the screw is supposed to go that way, allen slot on both ends. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the development history they were expecting DM to become far more popular than it eventually turned out and planned on including it by default, making the conversion from DM to conventional "add b-link, flip adjuster screw". Why else would it have an allen slot on the fat end?

Do you feel any difference in shifting with DM hanger?

I suppose those are legit? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001335 ... 5475%22%7D
Price is better than from manufacturer

usr

by usr

Roadrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:30 pm
Do you feel any difference in shifting with DM hanger?
No idea, the transition coincided with a transition from the cheap Campag wire to those most polished Jagwires (an improvement I think, perhaps not quite as good as TMS), a transition to third party of piece cassette (clearly worse, plenty of "downshift not yet completed when coming to a stop" situations) and I the aftermath of an injury break so my expectations of baseline shifting quality were rather dusty. I suspect that most reports of changes are from a better/worse b-screw setting, that's not quite an exact science.

christiancarr

by christiancarr

I´m planning to order Sigeyi hanger from aliexpress link above, are they genuine?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Specialized DM hanger - 17.4g
Sigeyi DM hanger - 12.5g

Just picked one up to see what all the fuss is about.

£35 for 5g doesn't seem too excessive :lol:
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

oldmac

by oldmac

ryanw wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:49 pm
Specialized DM hanger - 17.4g
Sigeyi DM hanger - 12.5g

Just picked one up to see what all the fuss is about.

£35 for 5g doesn't seem too excessive :lol:
In UK, you can get it from Sigeyi UK shop: https://sigeyi.co.uk/. Much more faster than waiting for it from China.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Got mine off ebay. Delivered in 3 days.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Just received mine Sigeyi Canyon rim brake hanger from aliexpress, but I don´t know how it´s supposed to be mounted. There´s only hanger, no backplate or bolts.

Should I use the backplate or bolts from original Canyon No.25 hanger?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bigfloor

by bigfloor

Yes. Re-use the original screws/backplate. Baffled me as well for my nr 25 hanger (Canyon Ultimate CF SL)

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk