What saddle bag do you guys recommend these days?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jspaceman

by jspaceman

Can anyone recommend a saddle bag to fit behind the Varia, without pushing it out or tilting it upwards? I was thinking of something like the Silca Mattone, but maybe that's too big?

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

easyv wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:37 am
Lezyne Compact Road Caddy for me:

https://ride.lezyne.com/products/1-sb-rdcaddy-v104

Compact and light but carries everything I think I need.
This is what I use. Fits 2 co2's 1 tube, small multi tool, levers, valve core tool, master link, patch kit, and some band aids..

Geodroid

by Geodroid

I'm surprised, why are so many people here recommending the silica bag? The speedsleev seems to be much much lighter and it holds just as much if not more stuff (depending on which size you get)

Geodroid

by Geodroid

survivor wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:38 am
Refresher :D

Project X is now SNAP.B
https://www.vouel.com/snap-b

So are you saying the SNAP.B is as good as the specialized mini wedge? xD

I like how clean the SNAP.B looks, how much does it weigh and how much does it cost? Can't really find much information on your website

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

jspaceman wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:03 pm
Can anyone recommend a saddle bag to fit behind the Varia, without pushing it out or tilting it upwards? I was thinking of something like the Silca Mattone, but maybe that's too big?

I used the Silca seat roll premio with with same set up. Fit great. I've since moved to a Silca Eolo wallet and keep all of my gear off the bike.

Edit: Guess it would be nice if I included the pictures:

Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

survivor

by survivor

Geodroid wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 pm
So are you saying the SNAP.B is as good as the specialized mini wedge? xD

I like how clean the SNAP.B looks, how much does it weigh and how much does it cost? Can't really find much information on your website
SNAP.B Compact is 88g while SNAP.B Plus is 96g. These are without any accessories attachment.

We are still working to setup our online store. We can make sale arrangement through PayPal at this time.

ms6073

by ms6073

jspaceman wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:03 pm
Sorry for the topic drift, but what mount are you using to attach your Varia to the ICS clip on the Fizik saddle?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jspaceman

by jspaceman

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:21 pm
Sorry for the topic drift, but what mount are you using to attach your Varia to the ICS clip on the Fizik saddle?
The Bup Labs clip-in type for Fizik saddles, with mount arm and safety tether for the Varia. https://buplabs.com/

jspaceman

by jspaceman

JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:39 pm

I used the Silca seat roll premio with with same set up. Fit great. I've since moved to a Silca Eolo wallet and keep all of my gear off the bike.
How long/wide is the Premio? Silca lists the dimensions for the Mattone on their website, but not the Premio, although maybe the width/thickness of it depends on what you load it up with.

sychen

by sychen

jspaceman wrote:
JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:39 pm

How long/wide is the Premio? Silca lists the dimensions for the Mattone on their website, but not the Premio, although maybe the width/thickness of it depends on what you load it up with.
Yes.. As pointed out in regards the dimensions, it is how you pack it and what you pack in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KyleH

by KyleH

I have a Premio and would mimic the comments of the other poster about it being over-hyped. The material is super bulky which makes folding it a pain and often pretty finicky.

I bought a Cykit Aeroclam to replace it but it hasn't arrived yet.

https://www.cyckit.com/

Timmy269

by Timmy269

Anyone use the specialized Stormproof Seat Pack. I want to fit a innertube, Co2 cardridge, a pair tire levers and multitool.

robeambro

by robeambro

Hi guys,

I am in the market for a new saddle bag for my main road bike. I only have two requirements:

- has to tuck in nicely along the saddle (however, considering that my saddle will be slightly forward on the rails, unsure how much space there will be) and not be too bulky.
- has to fit my Topeak Micro Rocket AL Pump (16cm / 6.3'' long), without being bulky. I definitely don't want some huge bag, I would rather switch to CO2 or use a tool bottle if this requirement would be too much of a pain :roll:

I don't have a lot of requirements in terms of space, it's just the abovementioned pump, a lightweight butyle tube, two levers and a Dynaplug Race plug tool (and a couple spare plugs, but those are tiny). I'm also open for alternative suggestions if any of you guys found ways to "hide" the pump underneath the saddle somehow (as it's my main bike I wouldn't like to have it visible as I would have it on my gravel bike).

I can also switch to a smaller pump but unsure whether there's any decent one.

What can you guys suggest that would fit the requirements? If you have evidence pics, that'd be great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Loi

by Loi

robeambro wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:17 am
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a new saddle bag for my main road bike. I only have two requirements:

- has to tuck in nicely along the saddle (however, considering that my saddle will be slightly forward on the rails, unsure how much space there will be) and not be too bulky.
- has to fit my Topeak Micro Rocket AL Pump (16cm / 6.3'' long), without being bulky. I definitely don't want some huge bag, I would rather switch to CO2 or use a tool bottle if this requirement would be too much of a pain :roll:

I don't have a lot of requirements in terms of space, it's just the abovementioned pump, a lightweight butyle tube, two levers and a Dynaplug Race plug tool (and a couple spare plugs, but those are tiny). I'm also open for alternative suggestions if any of you guys found ways to "hide" the pump underneath the saddle somehow (as it's my main bike I wouldn't like to have it visible as I would have it on my gravel bike).

I can also switch to a smaller pump but unsure whether there's any decent one.

What can you guys suggest that would fit the requirements? If you have evidence pics, that'd be great.
to my knowledge, only bag that fits a pump while not looking extremely bulky, is castelli undersaddle xl... holds pump via a mesh sleeve, so it's only an option if you are a dry weather rider.