What saddle bag do you guys recommend these days?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

P0rky

by P0rky

Mikedb wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:51 pm
I actually skipped on getting a silca saddle bag due to the various complaints about it unrolling/coming loose when riding.

Now it's time for me to get a new bag, and I'm curious as to how overblown this issue really is?
All I can speak to is personal experience, but I've never had mine come loose or unroll. I could see how, if you tried to overpack it, that might happen, but it hasn't happened to me.
2020 SW SL6 Tarmac
2018 Spec Sagan Roubaix

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

@Mikedb

I am a big Silca fan boy... so I am biased.. that said Silca has a new bag the Mattone that is zipped closed I would take a look at that ...I think that if the Premio is packed right and the boa is tight it's not going to come unrolled mine never has and I have had it since it was introduced.

C

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

P0rky wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:58 pm
Mikedb wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:51 pm
I actually skipped on getting a silca saddle bag due to the various complaints about it unrolling/coming loose when riding.

Now it's time for me to get a new bag, and I'm curious as to how overblown this issue really is?
All I can speak to is personal experience, but I've never had mine come loose or unroll. I could see how, if you tried to overpack it, that might happen, but it hasn't happened to me.
Thanks for the feedback.

It makes me feel better hearing from individuals that have had problem free experience.

I doubt I'd over pack but what are your thoughts on the Grande Americano as an option for those who want extra storage for longer rides?

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

uraqt wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:14 pm
@Mikedb

I am a big Silca fan boy... so I am biased.. that said Silca has a new bag the Mattone that is zipped closed I would take a look at that ...I think that if the Premio is packed right and the boa is tight it's not going to come unrolled mine never has and I have had it since it was introduced.

C
Thanks also.

I was thinking that some of those complaints were user error.

It's nice to hear positive feedback from long term use.

Yeah that Mattone definitely has my interest. I'm going to try and get my hands on one as soon as possible.

Nikoras

by Nikoras

Castelli mini is a nice low profile one for just the essentials.

alanyu

by alanyu

I have used silca premio for several months. I picked up it due to its appearance. Those complaints on coming loose or unrolling would happen if you overpack it or pack it in a wrong way. I usually have a 19 in 1 mini tool, a pack of maxalami, three tire levera and a tube in it. The first several days with it was a nightmare, as it always unrolled itself on bumpy/gravel road. It's a bit tricky to find a right way to pack my stuff, but once I got it right, it keeps very stable. The downside is its weight. Too much material used.

velomane

by velomane

I've got two of the Silca bags. One on each bike and they have never come loose. That Boa really holds them snug to the saddle, which is why I like them: absolutely no movement.

uraqt

by uraqt

I do agree with alanyu, the bag part is super over done... I think it's going to last forever, that said I kind of think that is what Silca was going for... I have sugested that Silca make a "light weight" bag that is designed to fit their tools. I think it would be great to offer a bag that held the T-Ratchet + Ti-Torque and the pocket IMPERO.

C

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

uraqt wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:14 pm
@Mikedb

C
That bag looks like they just ripped off Velocolour's design.

survivor

by survivor

Refresher :D

Project X is now SNAP.B
https://www.vouel.com/snap-b

tinozee

by tinozee

Jersey pockets.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Same.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Flasher

by Flasher

survivor wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:38 am
Refresher :D

Project X is now SNAP.B
https://www.vouel.com/snap-b
I'm interested in your bag, but has anyone actually got a production model yet, some reviews would be good, also on your web site there is no link to buy, is this intentional?

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

Based on this thread I ordered a Speed Sleeve. I am very happy with it and it holds much more than expected. I would buy another.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

Flasher wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:50 pm
I'm interested in your bag, but has anyone actually got a production model yet, some reviews would be good, also on your web site there is no link to buy, is this intentional?
We started shipping product to backers at the end of June. Most backers should already received their saddle bag by now except for a few that are in countries which international shipment is still a challenge. There are some initial impression updates on the Kickstarter page from some of the backers who received their product. We are working to launch our online store but it is not yet ready for now. Having said that if you are interested we could process a purchase through PayPal.