Page 1 of 19

2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm
by Woland
Popped in at the LBS today and they had the new BMC Teammachine in the shop. It was a black SLR01 with an integrated bar and stem. Looked like a teammachine, yet a bit different. Didn't get a close look, but the downtube seemed to be a little more aero than the old models. The red stem was a real eye catcher, though.

Can't find any information on the bike anywhere, including the BMC website. Anyone have info on the release? Must be close now.

2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm
by Weenie

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:15 pm
by robeambro
Woland wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm
Popped in at the LBS today and they had the new BMC Teammachine in the shop. It was a black SLR01 with an integrated bar and stem. Looked like a teammachine, yet a bit different. Didn't get a close look, but the downtube seemed to be a little more aero than the old models. The red stem was a real eye catcher, though.

Can't find any information on the bike anywhere, including the BMC website. Anyone have info on the release? Must be close now.
A week or so from now, I think I've read!

Do you remember if it had the ugly aero toolbox as well?

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:30 pm
by Woland
robeambro wrote:
Woland wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm
Popped in at the LBS today and they had the new BMC Teammachine in the shop. It was a black SLR01 with an integrated bar and stem. Looked like a teammachine, yet a bit different. Didn't get a close look, but the downtube seemed to be a little more aero than the old models. The red stem was a real eye catcher, though.

Can't find any information on the bike anywhere, including the BMC website. Anyone have info on the release? Must be close now.
A week or so from now, I think I've read!

Do you remember if it had the ugly aero toolbox as well?
No, at least I didn't notice a tool box. If there was one I guess it's not too ugly, then ;) It was a black bike so I won't swear it...

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:50 pm
by robeambro
Woland wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:30 pm
robeambro wrote:
Woland wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm
Popped in at the LBS today and they had the new BMC Teammachine in the shop. It was a black SLR01 with an integrated bar and stem. Looked like a teammachine, yet a bit different. Didn't get a close look, but the downtube seemed to be a little more aero than the old models. The red stem was a real eye catcher, though.

Can't find any information on the bike anywhere, including the BMC website. Anyone have info on the release? Must be close now.
A week or so from now, I think I've read!

Do you remember if it had the ugly aero toolbox as well?
No, at least I didn't notice a tool box. If there was one I guess it's not too ugly, then ;) It was a black bike so I won't swear it...
Anyway on Monday there should be an official presentation to resellers, and then official release to the public in a week. I'd say we could see some leaks from Monday onwards! Not that you'd care it since you've seen it..

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:38 am
by Pukutis
robeambro wrote:
Woland wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:30 pm
robeambro wrote:
Woland wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm
Popped in at the LBS today and they had the new BMC Teammachine in the shop. It was a black SLR01 with an integrated bar and stem. Looked like a teammachine, yet a bit different. Didn't get a close look, but the downtube seemed to be a little more aero than the old models. The red stem was a real eye catcher, though.

Can't find any information on the bike anywhere, including the BMC website. Anyone have info on the release? Must be close now.
A week or so from now, I think I've read!

Do you remember if it had the ugly aero toolbox as well?
No, at least I didn't notice a tool box. If there was one I guess it's not too ugly, then ;) It was a black bike so I won't swear it...
Anyway on Monday there should be an official presentation to resellers, and then official release to the public in a week. I'd say we could see some leaks from Monday onwards! Not that you'd care it since you've seen it..
Then it looks like a facelift upgrade. If they reduce the weight of the stem in combination with the handlebar it would be great. For me the BMC was ahead of the time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am
by Woland
It's more than a facelift upgrade for sure.

I hope it will have clearance for at least 28mm tires and I think it's a must in today's market, and 30mm would be even better, just because. Robeambro, does it take 28mm tires? If you can't talk just wink your left eye for a yes.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:10 am
by robeambro
Woland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am
It's more than a facelift upgrade for sure.

I hope it will have clearance for at least 28mm tires and I think it's a must in today's market, and 30mm would be even better, just because. Robeambro, does it take 28mm tires? If you can't talk just wink your left eye for a yes.
Oh I don't know, I just heard about the launch from another forum - and they'd mentioned it had the aero toolbox so I was instantly uninterested. :lol:

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:08 pm
by unclearv
Woland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am
It's more than a facelift upgrade for sure.

I hope it will have clearance for at least 28mm tires and I think it's a must in today's market, and 30mm would be even better, just because. Robeambro, does it take 28mm tires? If you can't talk just wink your left eye for a yes.
My 2018 SLR02 easily takes 28mm. 30mm should be fine as well.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:11 pm
by FlatlandClimber
Pukutis wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:38 am
robeambro wrote:
Woland wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:30 pm
robeambro wrote:
A week or so from now, I think I've read!

Do you remember if it had the ugly aero toolbox as well?
No, at least I didn't notice a tool box. If there was one I guess it's not too ugly, then ;) It was a black bike so I won't swear it...
Anyway on Monday there should be an official presentation to resellers, and then official release to the public in a week. I'd say we could see some leaks from Monday onwards! Not that you'd care it since you've seen it..
Then it looks like a facelift upgrade. If they reduce the weight of the stem in combination with the handlebar it would be great. For me the BMC was ahead of the time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It clearly was. The Teammachine is the model that all Wilier, Cannondale, Scott etc. emulated. A new, lighter, slightly more aero TeamM is likely going to be a fantastic bike one again.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:08 pm
by zaykay
unclearv wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:08 pm
Woland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am
It's more than a facelift upgrade for sure.

I hope it will have clearance for at least 28mm tires and I think it's a must in today's market, and 30mm would be even better, just because. Robeambro, does it take 28mm tires? If you can't talk just wink your left eye for a yes.
My 2018 SLR02 easily takes 28mm. 30mm should be fine as well.
I can also confirm that 2019 SLR02 rim brake takes Schwalbe G-one Speed 30mm on 17c rims. Disc version is also fine at least up to 28mm measured width. I'm currently running older Schwalbe Pro One 25mm on Bora WTO's and measured width is 27,6mm. There's still room for bigger.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:07 am
by DanielNorway
Im running tires that measures 27mm on my 2018 SLR01, it will not fit wider tires.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:35 am
by Woland
Interesting, looks like the current SLR02 has more clearance than the SLR01. I've understood from various online reviews that the the SLR01 wouldn't fit 28mm tires. My 2016 SLR01 is running 27,5mm (25mm nominal) wide tires and there's less than 3mm clearance around the left chainstay.

It will be interesting to learn if the pricing of the 2021 range stays the same as the current models or if it goes up much. It's not an aero bike (=high premium), but there's some integration, which seems to drive bike prices up.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:16 am
by iamraymond
I run 28mm (measured) tires on my SLR01 Disc. There's 5mm of clearance on the fork, but on the back there's only 2.5mm of clearance on the rear seat stays.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:55 am
by DanielNorway
Im guessing my wheel is a bit off center, but Im having allmost 2.5mm clearance vs left seatstay and allmost 4.0mm vs right seatstay, tire is 27.9mm.

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:55 am
by Weenie

Re: 2021 BMC Teammachine

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:46 am
by LukiP
robeambro wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:10 am
Woland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am
It's more than a facelift upgrade for sure.

I hope it will have clearance for at least 28mm tires and I think it's a must in today's market, and 30mm would be even better, just because. Robeambro, does it take 28mm tires? If you can't talk just wink your left eye for a yes.
Oh I don't know, I just heard about the launch from another forum - and they'd mentioned it had the aero toolbox so I was instantly uninterested. :lol:
So you're talking about Teammachine or Timemachine? Aero toolbox is in Time, not Teammachine, right?

About SLR01 Four, what do you guys thing about those CRD351 wheels?