2021 BMC Teammachine

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

eric01

by eric01

AMGRoadster wrote:
FactoryMatt wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:03 am
if you're a corvette guy, the BMC's have a similar aesthetic. all angular and edgy. really not sure about that steerer tube though.
I see the appeal and virtues of the Corvette. However, I do not own enough gold chains and tracksuits to actually purchase one.
Angular and edgy? Shades of Lamborghini too... but I get the corvette reference too. Lol!
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

by Weenie

Swedius

by Swedius

thomofromaus wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:18 am
Swedius, are the wheels you are referring to the 351’s on the SLR one or the 351 SL’s on the SLR01 four? I think the latter should be lighter (given the SL suffix) and I’m interested to know if anyone knows how much lighter and/or if they’re wider than the regular 351’s? I’ve ordered the SLR01 four
I don't know anything about the difference between CRD 351 and CRD 351 SL, sorry! My mate bought the same SLR01 Four as you and he is happy.

Swedius

by Swedius

Hectorsanzv wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:03 pm
Do you know the weight without bottle cages and garmin mount? The official weigth of 7.2kg from the BMC website looks a bit untrustworthy :)
Actual weight is around 250-300 grams heavier than on the website, I've checked at least 3 bikes. I've asked BMC why but no answer to that for a month now.

Swedius

by Swedius

For anyone curious regarding mounting this disc brake bike on a trainer - I bought an adapter for Tacx Neo (1st version), also a XDR body and a new cassette.
No issues installing the body and cassette. However the adapter of course doesn't work since the frame has no screwthread for the nut on the drive side. It looks awesome but is not as awesome when you can't use the bike with a smart trainer and an adapter.

I've asked BMC for a solution but I think their answer will be "our bikes are not supposed to be used with trainers".

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

dexe wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:48 pm
Sharkelli wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:57 pm
Finally, tomorrow I’ll take it home!!
Looking good! Will you share some details about the wheels/hubs? Is it a 51? I've got this bike on order (2 weeks still).. can't wait!
Fantastic looking bike. I love the color. I want to call out the giant BMC logo. But I am very much leaning towards an SWorks SL7 and Specialzed is about the worst in splashing their name over every available surface.

Tofanator

by Tofanator

Swedius wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:42 pm
For anyone curious regarding mounting this disc brake bike on a trainer - I bought an adapter for Tacx Neo (1st version), also a XDR body and a new cassette.
No issues installing the body and cassette. However the adapter of course doesn't work since the frame has no screwthread for the nut on the drive side. It looks awesome but is not as awesome when you can't use the bike with a smart trainer and an adapter.

I've asked BMC for a solution but I think their answer will be "our bikes are not supposed to be used with trainers".
Flick it and get a Kickr mate

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

you cant expect you trainer to work for every bike indefinately...

time to upgrade your trainer , I have an old Neo myself... I just leave an old rim brake bike on it.
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

Swedius

by Swedius

Tofanator wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:53 am
Flick it and get a Kickr mate
spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:48 am
you cant expect you trainer to work for every bike indefinately...

time to upgrade your trainer , I have an old Neo myself... I just leave an old rim brake bike on it.
I actually put up my Neo OG for sale yesterday and it was sold within 30 minutes! So am now looking for a disc brake compatible trainer in genereal and one that's compatible with the 2021 TeamMachine SLR frame!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Swedius wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 am

I actually put up my Neo OG for sale yesterday and it was sold within 30 minutes! So am now looking for a disc brake compatible trainer in genereal and one that's compatible with the 2021 TeamMachine SLR frame!

The Wahoo trainers have ample clearance for disc brake calipers compared to everything else. Teammachine incompatibility is only an issue on trainers like the Neo 1 and Neo 2. Everything else is thru-axle native.

Swedius

by Swedius

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:59 am
The Wahoo trainers have ample clearance for disc brake calipers compared to everything else. Teammachine incompatibility is only an issue on trainers like the Neo 1 and Neo 2. Everything else is thru-axle native.
Thank you! Neo 2T is not thru-axle native as well (there's a Neo 1, Neo 2 and Neo 2T).

Swedius

by Swedius

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Teammachine incompatibility is only an issue on trainers like the Neo 1 and Neo 2. Everything else is thru-axle native.
But how can the TeamMachine SLR 2021 fit if adapters are needed for Kickr v5 as well (it says so on multiple websites)? You need to tighten a nut on the outside of the frame and it is not possible with 2021 TeamMachine because of their thru-axle solution.
Attachments
LIiDhCG1EU.png

Bukem

by Bukem

You use the supplied BMC thru axle on the Kickr. There is no separate nut. The adapter is a spacer so you can fit a thru axle MTB with boost spacing, a thru axle roadbike or a skewer roadbike.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Swedius wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:09 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thank you! Neo 2T is not thru-axle native as well (there's a Neo 1, Neo 2 and Neo 2T).

The 2T is thru-axle native, but it still has disc caliber clearance issues.

Tofanator

by Tofanator

Bukem wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 am
You use the supplied BMC thru axle on the Kickr. There is no separate nut. The adapter is a spacer so you can fit a thru axle MTB with boost spacing, a thru axle roadbike or a skewer roadbike.
I have the V5, I got one off the first shipment in Aus and this is 100% correct. I previously had the Core and it was the same.
You use the supplied thru axle adaptors then use the axle the bike came with. No fuss, no stress works perfectly.
Currently have the 2020 Roadmachine which spends roughly 60% of its time on the trainer. I have the SLR01 01 Mod on order which will sadley be doing the same.
Life of a part-time at home dad with two small children and limited freedom 😂😂

by Weenie

Swedius

by Swedius

Bukem wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 am
That is awesome. Thanks a lot :)