2021 BMC Teammachine

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Cant belive people are still riding hunt
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dkvbiker

by dkvbiker

are the 2022 models known?

slake21

by slake21

dkvbiker wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:52 pm
only been 8 months since this year's models launched. there's also covid and bike parts shortage, so don't expect them any time soon...

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

slake21 wrote:
dkvbiker wrote:
only been 8 months since this year's models launched. there's also covid and bike parts shortage, so don't expect them any time soon...
Error

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Deegan411

by Deegan411

ViperFFM wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:54 pm
Cant belive people are still riding hunt
What dont I know about Hunt that makes them so poor in your opinion?

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

Jonolsson wrote:
slake21 wrote:
dkvbiker wrote:
Error

Here we go..
https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/intl_en ... rrency=eur

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

Anyone would have the weight of the new ICS2 stem ? They claim it is lighter than the ICS1, curious by how much though.
BMC Teammachine SLR01 - MY18 - 6.87kg
S-Works Venge Disc - MY21 - 7.07kg

Lozaen

by Lozaen

1800 € surplus charge for a set of ENVE wheels compared to the DT Swiss...that's insane :noidea:
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

Lozaen

by Lozaen

ThunderJack07 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:53 am
Anyone would have the weight of the new ICS2 stem ? They claim it is lighter than the ICS1, curious by how much though.
it's in the range of 10 gr. if i recall right. So nothing worth upgrading just for the weight saving....yet, it is probably stiffer due to the double clamping.
Still waiting for the ICS Carbon to be available in black. :welcome:

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

Lozaen wrote:
ThunderJack07 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:53 am

Still waiting for the ICS Carbon to be available in black. :welcome:
It will be avaliable soon

lemos

by lemos

FOUR 2020 owner here (sorry to hijack the thread, but maybe also relevant).

Am I the only one struggling to keep the seat post cover in place? After adjusting the seat post, I put the cover, and all is fine, but as I torque the clamp the cover will start to rise, especially close to the seat post, where it gets to a point where it will just pop out. any ideas? it seems to be a bit hit and miss for me.

roadiewald

by roadiewald

How much "better" is the 2021 Teammachine SLR01 Four Disc Di2 than the 2020 version? All 2021's are sold out in my size but my LBS has a 2020 version in stock and it's substantially cheaper. The 2021 Four weighs 7.2 kg and the 2020 Four 7.7 kg (google search)? That is a lot if you intend to climb mountains a lot, right?
2023 BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO, 61cm
2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 Three, 61cm

Lozaen

by Lozaen

you have to compare the detailed specs.
Which Four 2021 are you actually referring to? On the Swiss BMC Homepage there are two different "Four" versions available. One with Ultegra DI2, the other with Sram Force AXS. For the Sram version no weight ist listet, the DI2 is listed as 7.3 kg
This is a weightweenie forum, but many people will tell you, that in general you wouldn't be able to tell the difference of half a kilo, if you didn't know.
Also i am not sure about the real weight penalty, as I can't find official weights from BMC for the 2020 modell, but the DI2 versions seams identical to the 2021 despite the frame.

The 2021 frame itself is slightly heavier, yet more aerodynamic than the 2020 modell, the fork is roughly 50 gr. lighter. The seatpost roughly 10 gr. and the same goes for the stem, which should also be stiffer (ICS2 vs ICS). The biggest weightsaving between 2021 and 2020 is in fact the ICS Carbon Integrated Cockpit, which saves about 100 gr.
Since the "four" doesn't come with the ICS Carbon Cockpit, and depending on the "substantial cheaper" I would probably go for the 2020 modell.
The Savings could either be used for a really good set of wheels, which will probably knock off most of the weight penalty, or enjoyd otherwise.
And keep one thing in mind. The season is now, not in 6 month time, when the next batch of bikes will or will not be available.

roadiewald

by roadiewald

Lozaen wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 2:34 pm
you have to compare the detailed specs.
Which Four 2021 are you actually referring to? On the Swiss BMC Homepage there are two different "Four" versions available. One with Ultegra DI2, the other with Sram Force AXS. For the Sram version no weight ist listet, the DI2 is listed as 7.3 kg
This is a weightweenie forum, but many people will tell you, that in general you wouldn't be able to tell the difference of half a kilo, if you didn't know.
Also i am not sure about the real weight penalty, as I can't find official weights from BMC for the 2020 modell, but the DI2 versions seams identical to the 2021 despite the frame.

The 2021 frame itself is slightly heavier, yet more aerodynamic than the 2020 modell, the fork is roughly 50 gr. lighter. The seatpost roughly 10 gr. and the same goes for the stem, which should also be stiffer (ICS2 vs ICS). The biggest weightsaving between 2021 and 2020 is in fact the ICS Carbon Integrated Cockpit, which saves about 100 gr.
Since the "four" doesn't come with the ICS Carbon Cockpit, and depending on the "substantial cheaper" I would probably go for the 2020 modell.
The Savings could either be used for a really good set of wheels, which will probably knock off most of the weight penalty, or enjoyd otherwise.
And keep one thing in mind. The season is now, not in 6 month time, when the next batch of bikes will or will not be available.
I am extremely thankful for your elaborate answer. Yes, I was comparing the exact same models online (SLR01 di2, stock carbon wheels). On the 99 spokes website the 2020 model is listed at 7.7 kg and the 2021 version at 7.3 kg. 20% cheaper. I already own the 2019 Teammachine SLR01 with rim brakes and basic wheels but it's currently in Germany and needs to be fixed. Did a lot of climbing in the French Alps, Italy and Switzerland last year. It was super fun but going down those mountains affected my braking ability after awhile. That's why disc brakes might help a little (even though I am in Florida now where it's flat but my only bike here is a 2014 Cannondale Evo SS that's beginning to fall apart). And you said it: I need a bike now, not in six months! Thanks again!
2023 BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO, 61cm
2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 Three, 61cm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaiping

by Klaiping

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share.. after some research online, it looks like the hubs on the crd 351 are actually Easton x5 cL hubs!

They are used on EA70 SL MTB wheelsets. BMC took these and laced them with some carbon rims. Check out the link below for diagrams of the hubs

https://eastoncycling.com/products/ea70-sl-disc-wheels

I am thinking of getting some wider carbon rims and converting these to gravel, since I've already replaced these on my SLR one. For crd 351 SL owners, curious if they use these hubs?