2021 BMC Teammachine

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bilwit

by bilwit

lemos wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:51 pm
FOUR 2020 owner here (sorry to hijack the thread, but maybe also relevant).

Am I the only one struggling to keep the seat post cover in place? After adjusting the seat post, I put the cover, and all is fine, but as I torque the clamp the cover will start to rise, especially close to the seat post, where it gets to a point where it will just pop out. any ideas? it seems to be a bit hit and miss for me.
Yes, it's a completely garbage, asinine design. The tightening screw pushes the cover out and blocks the insertion hole. I ended up shaving the bit that is supposed to stick inside the wedge and then applying light adhesive to it for it to stay on (previous gen TM but it's the same system).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lemos

by lemos

bilwit wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:54 am
lemos wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:51 pm
FOUR 2020 owner here (sorry to hijack the thread, but maybe also relevant).

Am I the only one struggling to keep the seat post cover in place? After adjusting the seat post, I put the cover, and all is fine, but as I torque the clamp the cover will start to rise, especially close to the seat post, where it gets to a point where it will just pop out. any ideas? it seems to be a bit hit and miss for me.
Yes, it's a completely garbage, asinine design. The tightening screw pushes the cover out and blocks the insertion hole. I ended up shaving the bit that is supposed to stick inside the wedge and then applying light adhesive to it for it to stay on (previous gen TM but it's the same system).
not feeling hopeful, but I've reported this to BMC. I'll keep you posted if a solution comes back.

Sockman

by Sockman

I had the cover pop off mid ride twice and both times bmc was kind enough to send a replacement or free. Now it's kept in the original packaging until I sell the bike 😂

bilwit

by bilwit

lemos wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:21 am
not feeling hopeful, but I've reported this to BMC. I'll keep you posted if a solution comes back.
Originally the design had the insertion piece much shorter, but it kept popping off for people so they very quickly sent out a revision (which is now the standard/same one for the current Teammachine) that is much longer so that it has more footing to the wedge hole... but now it gets in the way of the tightening bolt. If you follow the manual, it suggests that you insert it into the wedge, then tighten the bolt, but as the bolt is tightened it will come in contact with the cover's insertion piece and push it out. I'm not sure how far the thread goes but it may be possible to get a shorter bolt, but if that were the case BMC would have already done that. Otherwise you could very carefuly try to shave a couple millimeters off the cover piece... but too short then it won't be able to reach the wedge hole and, like the first iteration of it, will likely still have the issue since it's only a loose interface design to begin with :x

slake21

by slake21

I never had any problem with it (MY19)

mark0411

by mark0411

Hey I'm new here, pretty sure this has been discussed before, but can the TM2021 support 3rd party seatpost and stem? Was thinking to get something like Darimo etc?
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-01 at 08.28.03.jpeg

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

yes if Darimo makes one... 2021 is on the do list
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

mark0411

by mark0411

Any other option other than Darimo?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

not that I know of... and it's just the seatpost. No stem.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Pukutis

by Pukutis

mark0411 wrote:Hey I'm new here, pretty sure this has been discussed before, but can the TM2021 support 3rd party seatpost and stem? Was thinking to get something like Darimo etc?
Whats the weight? Under 7 kg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark0411

by mark0411

Pukutis wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:29 am
mark0411 wrote:Hey I'm new here, pretty sure this has been discussed before, but can the TM2021 support 3rd party seatpost and stem? Was thinking to get something like Darimo etc?
Whats the weight? Under 7 kg?

Depends on the wheelset that i'm using that day, in the picture is right smack at 7kg because i'm using Enve AR wheelset which is typically heavier.

check6

by check6

Apologies if this has been covered, but does anybody know of a Garmin mount option for there ICS bars on the TM? My SLR01 shows up at my door in a few hours and comes with the BMC mount, but I would like one that allows for a Go Pro/light mount underneath and I don't think the BMC version allows for that from the pictures I have seen.

Also, MAN does this thing come with stack! My dealer sent a picture and I think I'm going to need to cut off a few inches to get it down to my fit!
Attachments
6B7DA676-065E-437E-8D4D-1C97B9DF9018.jpeg

Pukutis

by Pukutis

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the integrated handlebar in black instead of red for the bmc slr01?

ccie6872

by ccie6872

check6 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:07 pm
Apologies if this has been covered, but does anybody know of a Garmin mount option for there ICS bars on the TM? My SLR01 shows up at my door in a few hours and comes with the BMC mount, but I would like one that allows for a Go Pro/light mount underneath and I don't think the BMC version allows for that from the pictures I have seen.

Also, MAN does this thing come with stack! My dealer sent a picture and I think I'm going to need to cut off a few inches to get it down to my fit!
I had the exact same scenerio and K-edge worked perfect, you will need different bolts but I found them at the local hardware store:

https://k-edge.com/shop/computer-mounts ... mbo-mount/

slake21

by slake21

Pukutis wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:22 pm
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the integrated handlebar in black instead of red for the bmc slr01?
the black frameset has black bars, so it might be available

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com