2021 Trek Madone

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

MitchatTrek wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:34 pm
Stormtrooper wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:35 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:19 am
Stormtrooper wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:16 pm
Are there plans for a new speed concept with disc or just sticking with the current model for the time being?
We're always working on the next thing, but the Speed Concept is staying as-is for the time being.
Any chance the speed concept will get the T47 BB?
Nothing to announce for that. Press-fit is the only listing we have but T47 is slowly making the rounds for most bikes though some bikes still benefit best from press-fit.
Since we have an insider here... anything else to look out for? New Aero wheels (Aeolus RSL 62 or something) maybe?
I know you can't really reply to this. But what I mean, is that the current portfolio is rather confusing.
The 3 road super bikes (Domane, Madone, Emonda) are all disc only, while the TT bike is rim only and old as hell. Also, the Madone and is on XXX series saddles/ cockpits/ wheels, while the Domane has XXX cockpit, yet is equipped with RSL wheels, and the Emonda is RSL everything.
It does appear like it is a transitional period, that doesn't really move forward. Maybe you are allowed to clear things up...
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

My saddle height is 740mm, I am after a 56cm (shortish leg for my height, longish torso, I am 182/183cm), will the short mast be long enough, or the tall mast short enough as far as minumum insertion and saddle rail heights that Trek advise? Dont want to be that unlucky rider who is inbetween seat mast heights, I could always shorten the long mast I suppose?
Bikes:
2024 Giant Revolt Adv Pro - AXS Eagle XX1 / GRX820
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Dura-Ace Di2 12 Speed
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc - Ultegra Di2 12 Speed
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2 **For Sale**
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

UltraMaraFun wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:38 pm
My saddle height is 740mm, I am after a 56cm (shortish leg for my height, longish torso, I am 182/183cm), will the short mast be long enough, or the tall mast short enough as far as minumum insertion and saddle rail heights that Trek advise? Dont want to be that unlucky rider who is inbetween seat mast heights, I could always shorten the long mast I suppose?

Short mast = 73cm rail height
Saddles ~4cm tall

Seems pretty straightforward.

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:05 pm
UltraMaraFun wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Short mast = 73cm rail height
Saddles ~4cm tall

Seems pretty straightforward.
Thank you. Easy peasy then. Short mast it is.
Bikes:
2024 Giant Revolt Adv Pro - AXS Eagle XX1 / GRX820
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Dura-Ace Di2 12 Speed
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc - Ultegra Di2 12 Speed
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2 **For Sale**
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:12 am
MitchatTrek wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:34 pm
Stormtrooper wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:35 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:19 am

We're always working on the next thing, but the Speed Concept is staying as-is for the time being.
Any chance the speed concept will get the T47 BB?
Nothing to announce for that. Press-fit is the only listing we have but T47 is slowly making the rounds for most bikes though some bikes still benefit best from press-fit.
Since we have an insider here... anything else to look out for? New Aero wheels (Aeolus RSL 62 or something) maybe?
I know you can't really reply to this. But what I mean, is that the current portfolio is rather confusing.
The 3 road super bikes (Domane, Madone, Emonda) are all disc only, while the TT bike is rim only and old as hell. Also, the Madone and is on XXX series saddles/ cockpits/ wheels, while the Domane has XXX cockpit, yet is equipped with RSL wheels, and the Emonda is RSL everything.
It does appear like it is a transitional period, that doesn't really move forward. Maybe you are allowed to clear things up...
There isn't much I can spill on the subject, but we are transitioning from XXX to RSL.
Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bicycle Corporation | www.trekbikes.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Are RSL wheels compy compatible with change in freehub and can it be ordered directly from Trek as campy version?

velov

by velov

Woud be great if we could keep this thread to relevant Madone info and not end up with a giant 80-page thread like the Aeroroad.

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

rudye9mr wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:54 pm
Are RSL wheels compy compatible with change in freehub and can it be ordered directly from Trek as campy version?
RSL wheels are Campy compatible but we do not sell it directly. DT Swiss offers a compatible freehub and drive-side end cap you can use - p/n: HWYABX00S7154S.
Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bicycle Corporation | www.trekbikes.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Thanks !!!

stevej

by stevej

Is there a document or manual on the stem/bar and spacers that come with the bike? Trying to figure out what stem and spacers I need. I can’t even find the bar/stem on treks website to even see what the different stem options are (unless I missed it). And the assembly manual isn’t much help either.

jcnz

by jcnz

Some limited detail in here....//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5fd519688fc ... 281%29.pdf

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

ern

by ern

I'm considering getting a Madone but concerned about the weight. Any recommendations on the best (cost effective) model to get or should I just go with an Emonda?

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

stevej wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:03 pm
Is there a document or manual on the stem/bar and spacers that come with the bike? Trying to figure out what stem and spacers I need. I can’t even find the bar/stem on treks website to even see what the different stem options are (unless I missed it). And the assembly manual isn’t much help either.
See attached image with stem, spacers, and other small bits for that region of the bike. Shoot me a PM if you have further questions!
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-12-14 131951.png

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

MitchatTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:22 pm
stevej wrote:
See attached image with stem, spacers, and other small bits for that region of the bike. Shoot me a PM if you have further questions!

Some info in that PDF conflicts with what’s printed on the hardware. My low 130mm stem definitely says -13deg instead of -15deg. Also I believe the low 120mm says -14deg (but less sure of that.)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MXGimp

by MXGimp

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:20 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:22 pm
stevej wrote:

Some info in that PDF conflicts with what’s printed on the hardware. My low 130mm stem definitely says -13deg instead of -15deg. Also I believe the low 120mm says -14deg (but less sure of that.)
Same with mine. -13 and not -15 on the low 130.