Alpitude Gardena

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ferry

by Ferry

Anyone using an Alpitude Gardena? I am considering replacing the Tune Speedneedle on my bike. Any information is welcome, I can't seem to find much user feedback / reveiws online.

kroem

by kroem

I am interested to hear if someone has thoughts between the Gardena and Berk Lupina. I like the Lupina but sometimes I wouldnt mind a bigger hole(?).
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I'm using the Berk Lukna; huge cutout on it, and it was instantly comfortable for me even without padding. My bike fitter says it has a good shape for different seating positions and I had done 200km rides on it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

golfsierra

by golfsierra

I've got one on order...

I'm generally pretty accepting when it comes to saddles
We'll see how it goes

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

I just got my Gardena 150mm last week from Fairwheel Bikes and have only had a chance to get out on it for a 1.5 hour ride. I have previously tried the Berk Lupina and Dila in similar widths and neither worked for me. My go to saddles are the Specialized Power and, more recently, Pro Stealth and they both work great for me.

Shapewise, the Gardena works pretty well for me-I did not feel the need to make any adjustments during my initial ride. My concern is that it is super hard with no flex. Bottom was getting a little sore by the end of the ride, and hard to imagine doing a ride much longer than 3 hours on it, but will see how some longer rides go. As a comparison, I had a Selle Italia C59 that came with the bike (Canyon EVO) and it was more comfortable, as the wings seemed to flex a bit. I could not make that saddle work, mostly because the rail length did not allow me to get forward enough, and it was also a bit narrow for my sit bones.

Cosmetically, the Gardena is beautiful-I have it in the UD finish. Rails have what I believe to be a 10K finish. Came in at 76 grams, so 70 grams off my Pro Stealth Superlight. Considering it cost no more than the Pro Stealth Superlight, it seems like a good value for the weight savings.

boadajoan

by boadajoan

i have a Gardena and its amazing. i can go 20km or 120 km rides and is super confortable

Neutrolio

by Neutrolio

Hi
(First post, but watching this forum a while)

I have received my gardena 140mm, yesterday.
After found my torque wrench, assembled it in the morning and tried an 1.5 hour ride during lunch time. I think it was OK. As expected it is harsher than my sworks power, but it looked comfortable.
I need a 4/5 hour ride to have a more correct opinion, but, I think geometry is very identical to sworks power.

Also, I've received a darimo t2 seatpost for Pinarello these days (didn't tried it yet).
But it seems that seatpost yolkes don't attach correctly to rails of gardena.
Darimo+sworks power: ok.
Original pinarello + gardena : ok
Gardena + darimo: nok... maybe because Gardena rails are less round
But I need some more time or ask darimo.

preludervtec

by preludervtec

I am currently looking at getting the Gardena saddle as well. I am currently on a 143mm S-Works Power saddle. Did you go with the 140mm or 150mm saddle? How does the slick surface feel? I'm worried it will feel like i'm sliding off the saddle while riding.

Aeo

by Aeo

You will adjust quickly to the slickness of the saddle. It is a positive thing because friction is the enemy when it comes to ass-stuff.
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

Neutrolio

by Neutrolio

No problem with it being more slick, I tend to agree with that it might be postive.

I have been using a 143mm power saddle and opted for the 140mm gardena. Geometry is very similar.
Yesterday 3hours and, today, 5h30. All good. A feel some discomfort in sit bones from time to time, but it solves with 30 seconds of standing

Sometimes, with sworks power, I develop a little soreness in the area between saddle and legs on longer rides. This did not happen this weekend, maybe because of slickiness.
20210227_121420.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stermyx

by stermyx

Neutrolio wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:53 pm
Hi
(First post, but watching this forum a while)

I have received my gardena 140mm, yesterday.
After found my torque wrench, assembled it in the morning and tried an 1.5 hour ride during lunch time. I think it was OK. As expected it is harsher than my sworks power, but it looked comfortable.
I need a 4/5 hour ride to have a more correct opinion, but, I think geometry is very identical to sworks power.

Also, I've received a darimo t2 seatpost for Pinarello these days (didn't tried it yet).
But it seems that seatpost yolkes don't attach correctly to rails of gardena.
Darimo+sworks power: ok.
Original pinarello + gardena : ok
Gardena + darimo: nok... maybe because Gardena rails are less round
But I need some more time or ask darimo.
Hello, did you resolve it?