shipping time from Germany to USA

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dgasmd

by dgasmd

DHL just like USPS is notorious for having tracking numbers that only say they departed and nothing else ever!!! If I ever want to track anything I use ups or fedex.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jch3n

by jch3n

I ordered a crankset from Bike24 on 5/23, didn't get it until 6/16. It sat in the "The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area..." status for two weeks before anything updated.

tofumann

by tofumann

BagelMaster wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 pm
tofumann wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:40 pm
BagelMaster wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:42 am
bike24 took me nearly 3 weeks earlier this month. Some DHL locations are very backlogged. I've had anothee package in purgatory for almost a week now. Took 2 days to get from the UK to the states, and since its been sitting.
Don't take me long, I can imagine and understand that it's very backlogged. But DHL should at least give an estimated time of delay on their website. SMH :noidea:
A package sitting at an location for 4 weeks, and now MCFK stopped replying my latest two email. I can and will only assume it's a fraud unless they tell me something.
I try to be very patient, but I did give DHL a call yesterday. She said they were still processing delveries from May in some hubs. I said I understood and asked if I could get an email stating the issue in case I fall out of the 30 day window for returns (I'm buying some cycling kit). She graciously emailed me and put a note on my delivery. I woke up this morning to an update saying my item should be delivered today!

Moral of the story: if you give them a polite call, they may be able to bump your package to the front of the queue.
I could not find a number to call DHL Parcel, which is different than DHL Express. Can you send me a link, please?
Of course I would be nice because it's not the operator's fault.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Mine was stuck in us customs for a few weeks after it arrived in USA from Germany. Germany to USA was a little slower than normal but us customs is super slow.

tofumann

by tofumann

UPDATE---

I asked the merchant/shipper to simply TRY finding out what's happening with DHL Parcel with Germany. The shipper/merchant tells me is somethiing i already can read from the news---"the whole word is affected by this". WTH...

If it's at the custom i understand. But 30-days stuck in DHL Frankfurt---the merchant/shipper should at least try to coontact DHL and that's all i'm asking for, and they refuse to take that step.

pritish8287

by pritish8287

Hello WW,
Is anyone currently suffering from package delays in 2021 that are getting routed via IPZ Frankfurt? I have 2 packages that are stuck now. 1st one is stuck for a month from Vendor 1 and 2nd one is stuck for a week from Starbike. Both packages show that they are getting handed over from DHL to USPS.

On the other hand, I have received multiple packages from CRC and PBK between dec 2020 and jan 2021 via DHL which came within a week.

simoncx

by simoncx

pritish8287 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Hello WW,
Is anyone currently suffering from package delays in 2021 that are getting routed via IPZ Frankfurt? I have 2 packages that are stuck now. 1st one is stuck for a month from Vendor 1 and 2nd one is stuck for a week from Starbike. Both packages show that they are getting handed over from DHL to USPS.

On the other hand, I have received multiple packages from CRC and PBK between dec 2020 and jan 2021 via DHL which came within a week.
If they shipped using usps it will take a while, my last package I ordered in late nov went from frankfurt if I remember right and it was 5 weeks before it got delieverd.

pritish8287

by pritish8287

simoncx wrote:
pritish8287 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Hello WW,

If they shipped using usps it will take a while, my last package I ordered in late nov went from frankfurt if I remember right and it was 5 weeks before it got delieverd.
Yup. Both packages are using USPS. The 1st one is now stuck there for 4 weeks. That’s for my kid’s tricycle but the one I am super keen and extremely worried about is the Package from Starbike for my new build which is stuck there for a week now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pritish8287

by pritish8287

Finally got them! 2 weeks in German customs, 2 weeks in US customs and 1 week in transit within continental US!

gurk700

by gurk700

pritish8287 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:43 pm
Finally got them! 2 weeks in German customs, 2 weeks in US customs and 1 week in transit within continental US!

Yep, this is very typical for me as well from Bike24 and R2-bike.

THM has been crazy fast cause they use UPS. Last thing I bought from THM took 5 days to get to my door.

Italy though? Forget about it lol. I guess nice thing is you forget about it cause months go by and one day they just show up for a nice surprise :lol:

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Guys the issue with bike24 (DHL post in general) is they (DHL post) seem to only send International packages roughly every 2 weeks... they just collect a bin (ie the IPZ frankfurt tag) on your package tracking.. then in roughly 2 weeks it ships.. I had a large order of a wheelset and tires/tubes.. becuase of the value of the wheels, I guess they need to clear German export customs.. the wheels missed the shipment with the tires etc.. I had those within 4 days of the frankfurt tag was on them.. the wheels 2 weeks later still have the frankfurt tag on them.. the tires etc were on an Air Canada flght to Toronto 2 weeks ago Friday and they were logged into Canada post tracking on Monday.. I had them last Wednesday.. I always try to time this 2 week shipping.. technically, my wheels should have left today (2 weeks after the initial frankfurt tag), I have emailed bike24 on it to get the process going in case they don't show up..call me paranoid, but with the shortage of bike parts and a nice big wheel box with campagnolo splattered on the side, I really don't trust anyone...

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Well my 2 week theory just got blown out of the water... nothing showed up again on the tracking sites to reflect its arrived... they must be "binning" every 3 weeks.. there are 2-3 flights a day from Frankfurt to Toronto.. 2 Air Canada 777s and a Lufthansa 330.. you can't tell me 3 heavies are so full they can't send the mail...

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Well my approximate 2 week theory did hold... rather funny conversations between myself and bike24 and DHL postal.. none of which actually know anything whats going on with the shipping..
Bike24 was trying to tell me in the last email (yesterday) that my wheels had not even been cleared by German customs yet (2 weeks after submission) they in fact were, the tracking even said so and a tracking number was issued so it cleared. They told me to wait 2 more weeks and they would not initiate any trace..
DHL post mailed me back also, they claim that "large" packages to Canada go on ocean to save space now... I tracked my package and its in Toronto as of 3AM yesterday morning... so no one really knows what going on... but my ship every 2 weeks on a Monday-Wednesday holds for Canada anyways... next bin will prob ship out after Easter for anyone ordering LOL

RedRacer

by RedRacer

I ordered from r2-Bike on Jan 23rd and as of today (March 25th) I still haven't received everything. r2-Bike refunded my purchase but it is still dissapointing that DHL deliveries are such a mess. I would rather pay an extra $20 for FedEx or UPS to deliver from overseas within a few day.

KCookie

by KCookie

I've actually been lucky with my last order from Bikeinn from Germany.
Was posted on the 12th March and arrived in Australia today.
First time I've ordered from them and would definitely again.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com