shipping time from Germany to USA

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Bike24 apologyzed to me for all the messups and are refnding me half the shipping costs.. I like dealing with them... its the postal system thats broken... these companies really need to start offering the option for people to pay the extra $ for faster reliable shipping... the only good thing with using the postal system is alot of times stuff just slides through customs with no charges applied.. which appears to what happened with my wheelset!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JimV

by JimV

I'm in Chicago. All of the following were finished by USPS. China, shit, axels in Miami for a month now. GB a few days last week. France a week last week. Swiss in January was 2 or 3 weeks. Holand shit, two months, who knows where they got lost in December. It's seems to always be USPS. One of our own is trying to oust and become the next Postal General, Keeny Labe.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

JimV wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:00 am
I'm in Chicago. All of the following were finished by USPS. China, shit, axels in Miami for a month now. GB a few days last week. France a week last week. Swiss in January was 2 or 3 weeks. Holand shit, two months, who knows where they got lost in December. It's seems to always be USPS. One of our own is trying to oust and become the next Postal General, Keeny Labe.
If the sender goes off and sends it registered mail, you are basically hooped I find.. a RM tag means 2 months + said and done...
Stuff is all over the place right now for delivery times.. I had some Computrainer spares I purchased off a guy in Texas take a month to get to Winnipeg..
Ordered some model airplane parts from Arizona, same service took a week...
Ordered some vintage parts I needed for my Delta brakes from Oregon last week, I will have those in a few days...
Model 747 engines for a kit Im building from Russia... well. not holding my breath on that one! LOL Its been a month now, and the "projected" date is anywhere from tomorrow til Jun 30 hahahaha
Bike24.. 1st box 4 days, wheels.. see my above story...
I bought a Delta brake for spare parts for my Lemond TSX I am resurrecting off Ebay.. guy was in Anaheim.. it traveled from Anaheim through Utah to Nebraska, to Minneapolis.. then got trucked to Dallas and back before coming to me in Winnipeg 350 miles north of MSP.. and that was via Fedex.. someone missed the boat on that one...

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

gwerziou wrote:
tofumann wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 pm
I have a set of wheels being shipped from Germany to USA via DHL parcel, which means USA delivery part is being handled by USPS. Apparently, this was the only shipping method provided by the company and I accepted it.

My question---according to DHL webiste, the last movement of my package is dated 5/22 for being in "IPZ Frankfurt" and listed as "The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization."

Can anyone share their experience in delivery time during the current situation across the world?
I ordered a campy shifter and brake from bike24 on June 4th or so and have yet to see it. I have that exact same message... sigh.
I ordered from bike24 week before last and my $2500 worth of campy parts are stuck in IPZ Frankfort. Bike24 claims 10-15 days delivery to Maine, but I'm not hopeful based on reviews

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I've found the estimates from bike24 to be pretty accurate for South Korea orders. My advice is to ignore the tracking info. Usually my orders show as being in Frankfurt after just a day or two and then no updates for ~10-15 days when thry just show up at my door.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Ughhh looks like the German postal system is back to binning stuff and only sending to Canada every 2 weeks.. my last order from bike24 on Jan 18 is still sitting "as shipped" but it still sitting in a cargo container in Germany...

trainergav

by trainergav

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:28 pm
Ughhh looks like the German postal system is back to binning stuff and only sending to Canada every 2 weeks.. my last order from bike24 on Jan 18 is still sitting "as shipped" but it still sitting in a cargo container in Germany...
Haha, it's probably sitting next to my order which showed as leaving Germany on Jan 22nd and still hasn't arrived in Canada yet.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

trainergav wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:30 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Haha, it's probably sitting next to my order which showed as leaving Germany on Jan 22nd and still hasn't arrived in Canada yet.
Mine just arrived today... box pretty beaten up and damaged... arrived in Canada with a tag on it saying "Arrived damaged" luckily from pics I was sent, it looks like nothing is damaged or missing... the stuff only gets sent to Canada every second Tuesday on Air Canada.. so next shipment date will be Feb 15 likely.. if you order anything later than Thursday this week, you'll miss the flight and it'll sit getting smashed up in the German postal system for a few weeks..

trainergav

by trainergav

ParisCarbon wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 pm
trainergav wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
Mine just arrived today... box pretty beaten up and damaged... arrived in Canada with a tag on it saying "Arrived damaged" luckily from pics I was sent, it looks like nothing is damaged or missing... the stuff only gets sent to Canada every second Tuesday on Air Canada.. so next shipment date will be Feb 15 likely.. if you order anything later than Thursday this week, you'll miss the flight and it'll sit getting smashed up in the German postal system for a few weeks..
My stuff is still in transit but at least it's in the country. I'm definitely not loving how my communications with Bike24 are going this time around but it might be a language issue or just an uncooperative customer service agent.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Bike24 is hands down the worst retailer when it comes to shipping to the U.S. They charged me 40 euros for 6-pieces of apparel that were shipped January 26th with no information as to where the package is currently sitting at.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

trainergav

by trainergav

trainergav wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:33 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
trainergav wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
My stuff is still in transit but at least it's in the country. I'm definitely not loving how my communications with Bike24 are going this time around but it might be a language issue or just an uncooperative customer service agent.
Well, my stuff finally arrived, the box was beaten to hell. It looks like one end got left out in the rain and then crammed into the shipping container which mangled it. Then someone taped the box a bunch to try to keep it closed which mangled it some more. I'd post pics but I can't seem to figure that out. But the box was a real mess when I went to pick it up, I've never had something arrive so messed up in shipping. Unfortunately it was a frameset that I ordered so much riskier than if I just ordered a few parts. The frame looks okay except for a fork paint chip but I'll have to have the shop take a look to verify that. Definitely not impressed on this one. I don't think that this is Bike24's fault but it is still a major piss off.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

trainergav wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:56 pm
trainergav wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
trainergav wrote:

Well, my stuff finally arrived, the box was beaten to hell. It looks like one end got left out in the rain and then crammed into the shipping container which mangled it. Then someone taped the box a bunch to try to keep it closed which mangled it some more. I'd post pics but I can't seem to figure that out. But the box was a real mess when I went to pick it up, I've never had something arrive so messed up in shipping. Unfortunately it was a frameset that I ordered so much riskier than if I just ordered a few parts. The frame looks okay except for a fork paint chip but I'll have to have the shop take a look to verify that. Definitely not impressed on this one. I don't think that this is Bike24's fault but it is still a major piss off.
Just reading your post.. did you contact bike24? They refunded all my shipping cost.. this is the 2nd time in a row now boxes have arrived mangled, and I pointed that out to them... hey if nothing is missing, and they want to keep refunding my shipping costs, thats a them problem, not a me problem!

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Noctiluxx wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:37 pm
Bike24 is hands down the worst retailer when it comes to shipping to the U.S. They charged me 40 euros for 6-pieces of apparel that were shipped January 26th with no information as to where the package is currently sitting at.
If they do like they do to Canada, it seems the stuff only gets tossed on a flight every 2nd week.. so basically your stuff is sitting in a shipping bin or whatever, and even though it says its left Frankfurt as you track it, all it means is its sitting in the International holding tank til however many weeks go by and they send it.. you either get lucky and hit the every 2nd week ship date (seems its Tuesdays to Canada) or you get unlucky and its a 3 week wait... its the reason I tend to stock up now on race parts I'll need now like spare tires, tubes, chains..if it takes 3 weeks in January when its -30 out no real lose on my part.. and as long as DHL German post keeps trashing the box, bike24 can keep sending me my stuff for free...

trainergav

by trainergav

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:22 pm
trainergav wrote:
trainergav wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:

Just reading your post.. did you contact bike24? They refunded all my shipping cost.. this is the 2nd time in a row now boxes have arrived mangled, and I pointed that out to them... hey if nothing is missing, and they want to keep refunding my shipping costs, thats a them problem, not a me problem!
Thanks, I did contact them on Thursday after I picked up the order but haven't heard back yet. The bike24 rep I've been dealing with on this order (I've had a couple of issues) has been less than cooperative but I've asked that my ticket be escalated to a manager. I'll see what they say. There were also a few random bits that were floating in the box that may or may not have been small parts for the frameset that got seperated from the main bag. But I will say that if it had been normal times with plentiful stock I would have just turned the package around at the post office and re-ordered rather than risking accepting a damaged frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

trainergav wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:28 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:22 pm
trainergav wrote:
trainergav wrote:

Thanks, I did contact them on Thursday after I picked up the order but haven't heard back yet. The bike24 rep I've been dealing with on this order (I've had a couple of issues) has been less than cooperative but I've asked that my ticket be escalated to a manager. I'll see what they say. There were also a few random bits that were floating in the box that may or may not have been small parts for the frameset that got seperated from the main bag. But I will say that if it had been normal times with plentiful stock I would have just turned the package around at the post office and re-ordered rather than risking accepting a damaged frameset.
Yeah I hear ya... once I saw the "arrived damaged" tag on the canada post site I forwarded it to them right away.. it took 3 days, but I got a response saying let them know if anything missing... I mailed them back when it arrived, and told them all was good , but box a mess, next day had a refund, didn't even want a picture of the damage.... As for missing parts.. last summer I lucked out and got a Canyon van der poel Lux frameset.. it arrived with the rear shock installed upside down, and didnt have a rear derailleur hangar... when the RD hangar arrived, f'n UPS actually charged me $15 in tax... even though Canyon put it down as 0$, they proceeded to put a value on it.. so UPS dinged me $5 in tax, and a $10 broker fee for something I had already technically paid for previously with the frame/fork...