1x Campagnolo Ekar drivetrain

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Yawn... I've had Campy X10 on my CX bike for the past 16 years.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gwerziou

by gwerziou

The drawings of the new cassette interface are wild, like nothing else I've ever seen. Is this stuff supposed to drop this year?
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

robertbb

by robertbb

gwerziou wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:31 pm
The drawings of the new cassette interface are wild, like nothing else I've ever seen. Is this stuff supposed to drop this year?
In what way?

Moltobene

by Moltobene

So I dont know for how long that's been the case, or what it means, but the Potenza group is no longer listed on the Campagnolo Page. I've read that Campagnolo is supposed to release a new group that replaces Potenza and a new 1x group. But the removal of Potenza could mean that a new release is imminent.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Moltobene wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:25 pm
So I dont know for how long that's been the case, or what it means, but the Potenza group is no longer listed on the Campagnolo Page. I've read that Campagnolo is supposed to release a new group that replaces Potenza and a new 1x group. But the removal of Potenza could mean that a new release is imminent.
Good catch. I just went over and saw that. I could go for a 1x13, time for them to hurry up before it's too late on my upcoming build.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

Moltobene wrote:
Wow, that is pretty shocking. It is a solid groupset, especially the disc brake version. I always thought of Chorus as being equivalent to Dura Ace, so now Campagnolo has nothing to compete with 105 or Ultegra?
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

Mascalzone

by Mascalzone

Moltobene wrote:
Does seem strange that Potenza, their mid tier groupset, is suddenly discontinued after only a few years. I think you're right, replacement model, maybe a 12 Speed version?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Not strange. Campag do this all the time, remember Athena?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Mascalzone

by Mascalzone

Was Athena ever 10 speed? They kept Veloce 10 speed around for years during all the 11 speed iterations and then dropped it for Centaur. Potenza is still relatively new but I would happily welcome it as 12 speed!

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Athena had 11 speed and EPSversions. It’s a matter of branding.

OR

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Moltobene

by Moltobene

nachetetm wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:52 am
My understanding from the forums is that Campy is releasing a two new groupsets, a1X and a "classic-looking" one that would replace potenza, perhaps with 12 speed.
This has been posted in the "Potenza vs. Ultegra"-topic, so it's not a big surprise that Potenza is gone. But it seems unlikely to me that they would release two groupsets separately, so I would guess that a release of both a Potenza-successor and a 1x groupset could come soon with the deletion of Potenza from the website.

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

Moltobene wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:58 am
nachetetm wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:52 am
My understanding from the forums is that Campy is releasing a two new groupsets, a1X and a "classic-looking" one that would replace potenza, perhaps with 12 speed.
This has been posted in the "Potenza vs. Ultegra"-topic, so it's not a big surprise that Potenza is gone. But it seems unlikely to me that they would release two groupsets separately, so I would guess that a release of both a Potenza-successor and a 1x groupset could come soon with the deletion of Potenza from the website.
Well, I am still surprised that it did a Keyser Söze. Personally, I hope that Centaur goes disc.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

jih

by jih

Yet another groupset marque from Campag coming, with Potenza already replacing Athena in almost the exact same slot?

Too many groupset names over the year for Campag, so that most cyclists have no idea which is which other than maybe (super) Record and Chorus.

Let's see, from my memory and just in the time I've been into bikes we've had:

• Xenon (retired)
  • Mirage (retired)
  • Daytona (renamed Veloce, for legal issues IIRC)

• Veloce (survived, moved from mid-tier to lowest tier)
  • Centaur (survived, moved down the ranks)

• Athena (retired) and Athena EPS (retired)
  • Potenza (retired)

• Chorus (survived)
  • Record (survived)
  • Super Record (survived)

Throwing away half your marques does not seem like a good way to build recognition of your sub-brands.

JoO

by JoO

I am surprised that Potenza is gone. Never liked the name Potenza - sounds to much like ‘impotent’ in dutch.
For my part they can make a new Athena 12 speed. (1x and 2x )

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Bring back Croce d'Aune I say! Or maybe borow one of the MTB gruppo names for the gravel set up; Olympus, Icarus, Euclid...
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com