Fizik Antares Versus EVO 00 Adaptive Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

diggs11

by diggs11

They are sending me a warranty replacement for my R3 after a week delay in response. Probably just going to sell it immediately. Not impressed.

toy4x

by toy4x

diggs11 wrote:They are sending me a warranty replacement for my R3 after a week delay in response. Probably just going to sell it immediately. Not impressed.
It's been only 2 days, but no response. You waited a week for a response? Did you have to ship your r3 into fizik?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diggs11

by diggs11

toy4x wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:22 pm
diggs11 wrote:They are sending me a warranty replacement for my R3 after a week delay in response. Probably just going to sell it immediately. Not impressed.
It's been only 2 days, but no response. You waited a week for a response? Did you have to ship your r3 into fizik?

It took a few days for the initial response. They wanted a better picture which I sent. Then I had to follow up every few days for a week. They are just sending me a new one so I'll have two. I guess I'll have one hidden broken one I can "give" to an enemy to give them saddle sores.

kode54

by kode54

Is it possible to glue the Moebius frame onto the saddle part with a high bond epoxy?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Just tried one of these.

Felt one with my fingers and thought I'd order one because it felt perfect. The one I got from Fizik seemed about 3x harder. It didn't break in after two rides on the trainer, so it went back.

PoorInRichfield wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:08 pm
Has anyone found a video explaining why 3D printed saddle are seemingly so comfortable?
My impression is that it is multi-directional supportitive. The foam padded ones seem to compress only in one direction, here the springs that aren't pushed down can support sideways. The second thing is progressive rate springs. The final thing is much smaller zone control, as padded saddles might only have 0-3 zones.

kode54

by kode54

Yes. Some parts of the saddle are very soft and squishy...other areas are firm.

I'm surprised you sent it back. Even with the firmness, on the road, it feels alot better than on trainer.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

toy4x

by toy4x

Got word this morning from Fizik... they're sending me a new one.

R0CKETMAN

by R0CKETMAN

One ride on mine. Didn’t think about the saddle which is a good thing.

hkatrib

by hkatrib

Hi, is anyone experiencing excessive bib shorts wear from the 00 evo versus adaptive. Image

I have had mine for about 2 months and have noticed all my bibs have started to wear at the same spot. I noticed as well that my shorts catch at the nose and sometime sound like it is ripping through when I am transitioning back to seated position. Image

Really pissed off, wouldn’t expect that from a ~400euro saddle to destroy my expensive bib shorts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddie

by Maddie

I have 2 adaptive saddles from Fizik and this does not happen to my bibs

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I also have 2 adaptive saddles and bibs are fine.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

hkatrib

by hkatrib

Did you perform a new bike fit when you installed these saddles?

Maddie

by Maddie

No. But I had to reduce seat post insertion since the Fizik has higher saddle stack height than my former one.

exctasy

by exctasy

hkatrib wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:29 pm
Hi, is anyone experiencing excessive bib shorts wear from the 00 evo versus adaptive. Image

I have had mine for about 2 months and have noticed all my bibs have started to wear at the same spot. I noticed as well that my shorts catch at the nose and sometime sound like it is ripping through when I am transitioning back to seated position. Image

Really pissed off, wouldn’t expect that from a ~400euro saddle to destroy my expensive bib shorts!!

Are your rails rough?
I had this issue with my antares 00. I tapped up the exposed rough carbon rails.
No such abrasion after

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

A few more rides and you will have a hole there - find the abrasive spot immediately. I got the same from the velcro (outer face, a stiff plastiky band) that secures the saddlebag to the seatpost. Replaced with elastic chord and all good.