Fizik Antares Versus EVO 00 Adaptive Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gitsome

by gitsome

Nice bikes you have there.
How would you compare the vam and the ls? I know the Ls is “gravel” but seems to be quite close to a road bike in terms of stiffness and geo. I’d be very curious to know how the two ride and compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

kode54

by kode54

The Factor LS is a great riding bike. In fact, I like riding it going into winter, replacing my Parlee Chebacco with this and couldn’t be happier with the weight and performance. It’s fast and handles as good as the VAM. That said, I’ve been riding with my regular group and can stay with them but really feel it on the climbs and have to work to not getting dropped on any long inclines especially with the 35mm tires. Short climbs and rollers are no problem but that’s where the VAM would be the better choice. Both handles corners very well and descends similarly.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gitsome

by gitsome

How about off-road ? I worry the LS is too stiff and would not be fun or forgiving on chunkier gravel or rocks or roots. I realize it’s not a mtb but worry it’s so stiff it could backfire. Sometimes compliance helps steering and contact with the ground and not bounce off every rock and bump.
Or is it compliant? Have you done much off-road with it beyond packed gravel? Is it as low at the front as the VAM or a bit taller? I’m not good at reading geometry charts.
I do love both those frames at least in concept
Feedback very much appreciated as a “grave” something is on my horizon. But where I live (NYC) there’s still lots of tarmac to cover before finding any dirt.
That’s why the LS appeals to me

kode54

by kode54

I’m in NJ and have to ride to get to gravel. Maybe not as far as you would have to. I don’t ride on chunky gravel or rocky surfaces although I did encounter some by the Gorge. Lots of wash out. The LS did fine although I probably had too much psi in my tires but still 80/20 pavement to gravel.

Depends on what type of gravel you expect to do...I don’t ride too much technical or challenging gravel since there’s not much around me.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gitsome

by gitsome

True I’m guessing not too technical either or else I’d switch to the ole mtb. But reviews put the LS as really stiff like basically in the same category as a really stiff road bike just with wider tires

sychen

by sychen

Saddle arrived...

168g for a large isn't bad at all. Image

Will get it set and have a zwift session on it tomorrow morning.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

sychen wrote:Saddle arrived...

168g for a large isn't bad at all. Image

Will get it set and have a zwift session on it tomorrow morning.

Not bad for weight vs. comfort.
The Möbius rails are much better looking than the R1 version. Plus, most likely, less saddle creak down the road after several gravel rides I’m guessing. The R1 rail connection points look more like a cheap saddle than the price you pay for it.

Although you don’t see the bottom of the saddle much, I don’t care for the side profile as much. I may have to upgrade to the 00.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

PoorInRichfield

by PoorInRichfield

I'd also be interested in knowing what saddle you guys/gals were riding before you got the 00. I'm currently riding a Fizik Antares R1 which is a tad lighter than the 00 by has a slightly different shape. I'm wondering if my posterior would like a saddle with a cut-out that's 3D printed as my posterior has rejected other saddles with cut-outs :-/

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

was using :

S-Works Power Saddle
Berk Lupina
Bontrager XXX

The 00 is better then then them all for me. It replaced the bontrager xxx on the main road bike since it's the one that logs the most miles. I will eventually get another. (maybe 2 more)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Maddie

by Maddie

Replaced a Tune KommVor+ with the Fizik. Still riding Tune saddles on my other bikes since they're lighter

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

normanho23

by normanho23

I am using a S-Works Tarmac SL6 but the saddle clamp is for 7*9 rails. No way to fit the 7*10 rails Moebius rails correct?

sychen

by sychen

I'm on sl6 too.. And they seem to fit just fine...Photos attached. (not sure if photos are loading for you.. I can't see them)

Did my first ride (zwift) on them today and no creaks no issues.

Definitely stiff but quite comfortable and no numbness

ImageImage

bas

by bas

I’ve got a pro stealth ultra light which gives me zero problems but I so want to try one of these just because they look so much better than the short nose saddles...

PoorInRichfield

by PoorInRichfield

Has anyone found a video explaining why 3D printed saddle are seemingly so comfortable?

It's instantly obvious to me why manufacturers benefit from 3D printing a saddle as they can create prototypes quickly and someday we might even be able to custom-order a saddle that's made for our own butt. However, I'm baffled as to why the 3D printed lattice structure is somehow radically superior to the existing foam saddles. One's butt won't know the difference between foam and 3D printing, so why are so many people finding this saddle so comfortable?

One theory is that riders that spend $400 on a saddle are typically buying a super light weight saddle with nearly no padding. For that person, switching to a saddle that weighs nearly the same as their nearly padless race saddle but has considerable padding might seem heavenly in terms of comfort.

A second theory is that the 3D lattice structure (for lack of a better term) allows for movement in all directions (X-axis, Y-axis, Z-axis) where as perhaps a normal foam saddle is restricted in the directions that the foam can move and hence less comfort?

My brain hurts... I'm thinking too hard on Sunday morning... :?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I dont think it's "radiacally" superior..well maybe to some ass-hachets , but too others that generally work for me (power, berk, xxx, etc) the difference is more apparent on that longer ride. Before the 00 the bontrager XXX was my favorite saddle (no padding)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com