Fizik Antares Versus EVO 00 Adaptive Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

It's fascinating I haven't found a single negative review despite saddles being so individual. And I can assume that for the price these are bought by desperate ideal saddle seekers having problems with other solutions..
So it seems saddle sores are caused more by improper padding than saddle shape? Or what is so magical that suddenly one size fits all?:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

Am I nuts if I want to try this out... Now they have a black 00 model.. Was just talking to the shop guy last week how I wasn't going to get one.

Even if I have fairly comfortable saddles (Sp01s) on the road. They however seem not to be so good on the trainer.. Which I'm confined to while recovering still.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Does anyone know of any plans to do this saddle in arione?

I was kind of surprised they didn't do that first, as i was under the impression the Arione was more popular?

PoorInRichfield

by PoorInRichfield

sychen wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:42 am
Am I nuts if I want to try this out... Now they have a black 00 model.. Was just talking to the shop guy last week how I wasn't going to get one.
Note that the R1 and R3 models of this saddle are considerably less expensive and black... just a few grams heavier.

I, too, find it odd that it's hard to find a bad review of this saddle which baffles me.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

PoorInRichfield wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:55 pm
sychen wrote:
Note that the R1 and R3 models of this saddle are considerably less expensive and black... just a few grams heavier.

I, too, find it odd that it's hard to find a bad review of this saddle which baffles me.

They also have more padding than the 00, hence the additional width and height. Might be a better option for many riders.

hannawald

by hannawald

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:46 pm
PoorInRichfield wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:55 pm
sychen wrote:

They also have more padding than the 00, hence the additional width and height. Might be a better option for many riders.
It seems that 00 model is comfortable for everybody..confused how general acceptance it has, none of the saddle I know has such..so why more padding:)

sychen

by sychen

Yup.. Aware of r1 and r3. Not doing alloy rails.. And R1 and 00 price close enough not to bother me and 00 is oh so pretty with mobius rails.. So I ordered one. Xmas present for myself!

spartan

by spartan

i am also consider pulling the trigger on the black 00 reg. can we have some real ww weights from some owners
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

sychen

by sychen

spartan wrote:i am also consider pulling the trigger on the black 00 reg. can we have some real ww weights from some owners
Will post my weight (large) when it arrives.. Should be in the 160g range.

Maddie

by Maddie

My small version in green is 165gr. So a bit more than advertized

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:43 pm
Does anyone know of any plans to do this saddle in arione?

I was kind of surprised they didn't do that first, as i was under the impression the Arione was more popular?
I like the R1 adaptive model quite a bit...but the 00 version is so nice with Moebius rails. I think Fizik does this on purpose...as I move up the ladde from the R1, 00 and eventually if they come out with it...the Arione 00 Adaptive version. LOL.

Currently, the R1 Adaptive is on my Factor LS and has been great. Now, I need an adaptive Arione 00 for my Factor O2 VAM!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gitsome

by gitsome

Interesting this saddle seems to be so universally comfortable as my experience with fizik 00’s has been terrible despite how nice they look aesthetically. This make me hopeful when I can afford it.

I’ve had great pleasure lately with the selle San Marco short fit saddle which weighs about the same. Like it as much as the pro stealth these two are my tops lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

StellarPatellar

by StellarPatellar

kode54 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:19 pm
I like the R1 adaptive model quite a bit...but the 00 version is so nice with Moebius rails. I think Fizik does this on purpose...as I move up the ladde from the R1, 00 and eventually if they come out with it...the Arione 00 Adaptive version. LOL.

Currently, the R1 Adaptive is on my Factor LS and has been great. Now, I need an adaptive Arione 00 for my Factor O2 VAM!
[/quote]

Great minds think alike? My LS should be delivered anyday now and I've also ordered an R1 Adaptive for it... although it's backordered until later in December.

kode54

by kode54

haha. Yeah, the more expensive 00 version looks like its available.

Been riding the LS with the R1 Adaptive for awhile now...80% pavement. Either gravel or not...it works well on all surfaces...but perfect for me on pavement. I originally had the eeSilk seatpost to smooth out the bumps...but made creaking noises when it got dirty. Wasn't a great solution for me...whereas the Adaptive saddles are great. You'll love it.
StellarPatellar wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:18 am
kode54 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:19 pm

Great minds think alike? My LS should be delivered anyday now and I've also ordered an R1 Adaptive for it... although it's backordered until later in December.
[/quote]
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

I'm on the Arione 00 on the VAM and most of my other bikes...but having the Adaptive on my Factor LS, its difficult to ride the Arione 00 on the other bikes now. I'm getting too soft!
gitsome wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:41 am
Interesting this saddle seems to be so universally comfortable as my experience with fizik 00’s has been terrible despite how nice they look aesthetically. This make me hopeful when I can afford it.

I’ve had great pleasure lately with the selle San Marco short fit saddle which weighs about the same. Like it as much as the pro stealth these two are my tops lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com