Emonda 2021

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WWerreWW

by WWerreWW

mikedtn wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:11 pm
Is this generally seen as a womens paint job due to the Trek Segafredo womens team riding it?

Strange how they'd do that colour in frame sizes up to 62cm if that was the case.

I've found it in stock but I'm torn due to my mind automatically thinking of it being a women's livery.
If you like it, who cares if the women's team rides it? I think it looks sweet!

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

WWerreWW wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:02 pm
mikedtn wrote:
Is this generally seen as a womens paint job due to the Trek Segafredo womens team riding it?

Strange how they'd do that colour in frame sizes up to 62cm if that was the case.

I've found it in stock but I'm torn due to my mind automatically thinking of it being a women's livery.
If you like it, who cares if the women's team rides it? I think it looks sweet!
That's my favorite non-Project One colorway. I wouldn't consider it a women's color. Buy what you like.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kookie

by kookie

If P1 didn't exist, I'd get this one over the "men's" Trek Segafredo (unless it was black\red, instrad of blue/red)

jeffy

by jeffy

no. and it looks great in real life

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

mikedtn wrote:

Mate, you need to get a grip.

Next you'll be saying you'd never win the Giro as people would think you're a girl wearing pink.

mikedtn

by mikedtn

DWatkinsBSB wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:00 am
mikedtn wrote:

Mate, you need to get a grip.

Next you'll be saying you'd never win the Giro as people would think you're a girl wearing pink.
Ha, exactly right. The bike's cheaper than the pre covid prices, and the more I look at the paint job the more I'm liking it.

gabpolitely

by gabpolitely

Just put in an order for my Émonda SL5 (in the carbon blue smoke/metallic blue colorway 🤤). I'm planning to build it up as light as I can from the get-go. Some of my immediate upgrades include the new Ultegra Di2 and a set of Hyper 50mm discs (I'd go for the 38 for weight but I'm just a sucker for 50s).

I also am planning to get the RSL handlebar but would need to get a fit first to dial in my size. In the meantime, does any one have any recommendations for a lightweight bar and stem combo (that can hide the cables as best as possible) I can use while waiting for my RSLs?

Any other lightweight pieces and tips would be appreciated! Here's a prospective list of parts and weights I'm eying.

P ZERO™ Race TLR 700x26C - 540g (pair)
MOST SUPERLIGHT 3MM HANDLEBAR TAPE - 60g
Trek Color-Matched Carbon Seat Mast Cap & 7mm Round Ears - 130g

By the way, I went for a size 47 (short asian guy 😂). Would anyone have a frame/set weight for that? I'd also love to see photos of any size 47 Émondas!

gabriiaia7273

by gabriiaia7273

gabpolitely wrote:Just put in an order for my Émonda SL5 (in the carbon blue smoke/metallic blue colorway Image). I'm planning to build it up as light as I can from the get-go. Some of my immediate upgrades include the new Ultegra Di2 and a set of Hyper 50mm discs (I'd go for the 38 for weight but I'm just a sucker for 50s).

I also am planning to get the RSL handlebar but would need to get a fit first to dial in my size. In the meantime, does any one have any recommendations for a lightweight bar and stem combo (that can hide the cables as best as possible) I can use while waiting for my RSLs?

Any other lightweight pieces and tips would be appreciated! Here's a prospective list of parts and weights I'm eying.

P ZEROImage Race TLR 700x26C - 540g (pair)
MOST SUPERLIGHT 3MM HANDLEBAR TAPE - 60g
Trek Color-Matched Carbon Seat Mast Cap & 7mm Round Ears - 130g

By the way, I went for a size 47 (short asian guy Image). Would anyone have a frame/set weight for that? I'd also love to see photos of any size 47 Émondas!
If you want a lightweight stem, you don't have the option to hide the cables. An Extralite or a KCNC FLY RIDE are among the lightest. It uses Tubolito chambers and Goodyear F1 tires.

Inviato dal mio SM-A525F utilizzando Tapatalk

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Trek stopped making "women's" frames, years ago. Any paintjob, and contact point, is available through Project 1 from size 47 to 62. Frankly, I think this blue color scheme is better than the men's team's colors, but that's just me.

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

Been on this thread for a while, finally had a proper pic of my Emonda SLR

Emonda SLR size 50 P1 Icon Hollographic Flakes
Sram Red AXS HRD eTap Gruppos
Rotor AXS Chainring 48-35
Dura Ace 9100 pedal
3T ARX III stem -17 degree
FSA K-Force Compact Handlebar 40cm
Pro Stealth Carbon Saddle
Debadged cannondale hollowgram sl45 carbon wheels 😂 yea i know
Continental GP5000 clincher tires
Arundel bottle cages

Weight 7.45kg
Attachments
36D8C130-38F8-4B2B-9A94-38DF0B06747A.jpeg

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Just another upvote for the women's team livery. I dig it.
Just ride ..

nazekimi

by nazekimi

Anyone know if a super-compact or sub-compact crankset fit the Emonda SL?

gabriiaia7273

by gabriiaia7273

nazekimi wrote:Anyone know if a super-compact or sub-compact crankset fit the Emonda SL?
Look FSA.

nazekimi

by nazekimi

gabriiaia7273 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:30 am
nazekimi wrote:Anyone know if a super-compact or sub-compact crankset fit the Emonda SL?
Look FSA.

I mean, will I be able to lower the FD enough without the shifting being wonky.

This guy had a problem with a sub-compact, but that might just be a SLR problem..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbEO8dHd9bg&t=330s

mikedtn

by mikedtn

nazekimi wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:37 am
gabriiaia7273 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:30 am
Look FSA.

I mean, will I be able to lower the FD enough without the shifting being wonky.

This guy had a problem with a sub-compact, but that might just be a SLR problem..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbEO8dHd9bg&t=330s
You won't be able to lower it enough without getting the chain dropping on the outside now and then, I use a 46/30 on my bike and I can get chain drops when going quick over a bump in the road.

But you can lower further using products like the following:

https://www.lordgunbicycles.co.uk/fsa-s ... pter-bolts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223895716954

I've tried the FSA part, but it made my FD contact my chain catcher, I'll try it again when I get around to fitting a different chain catcher.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com