Emonda 2021

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bas

by bas

nekokatsu wrote:@gabpolitely, great post! Many will return to this one :)

I'm looking for a new bike trainer, some mid-range option that I could use with my Emonda SL. I know that new Emonda is not fully compatible with Wahoo trainers (I mean compatible after few tweaks which I believe RoJ on YouTube dealt with :) ) but what about Tacx Flux S / Flux 2 or Elite Suito maybe XR? Do you know if these two are plug&play or might I run into similar troubles like on Wahoo Kickr?

As always, any help appreciated!
It is compatible. Email Wahoo and they will send you replacement end caps. Have been using for 6 months without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nekokatsu

by nekokatsu

Thanks @bas, my information was outdated indeed :)

And thank you @johnalexander, actually I ended up with Direto XR-T (it's just XR without cassette included) and Shimano 105 11-28 cassette. Works great right out the box (both: thru axle adapters as well as quick release 130mm are included).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

For those who asked want to use FSA / Vision ACR system on Emonda (and possibly Madone)

https://www.podium.co.jp/lineup/4795

Item Code 160-0153000870
HSSP CONE SPACER ACR to TREK EMONDA H2593

gabpolitely

by gabpolitely

First ride with my Emonda today! Climbs like a dream!

Pretty happy with how my build turned out. The goal was to get it to around the SLR 7 weight (7.37kg) and it turned out to 7.45kg which is close enough for me!

Build:
Trek Emonda SL Frame (Size 50)
Bontrager Aeolus RSL VR-C Integrated Handlebars (400-80)
Shimano Ultegra 12 speed Di2 (50-34, 11-30)
Hyper 50 Disc
Continental GP5000 S TR (25mm)
Selle Sanmarco Shortfit Carbon FX Wide

I'll make a more in-depth post with weights and all soon! Happy riding!
Attachments
GLZ_1316.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.45.56 PM.png

CAAD997

by CAAD997

drainyoo wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:49 pm
Is there any way to use a carbon rail saddle on this bike without the 7x9 ears? I just got a Berk saddle for my SL5 which has the crappy seat mast and the 7x9 ears aren't for sale anywhere on this planet. How do they not include all the hardware for use with different saddles?? Is there any way, or am I screwed until I can get the 7x9 guts?
Did you find any seatpost ears to use with your 7x9 carbon rails?

Trek's version is apparenlty no longer available. I found ebay user "pingthyy2010" - they sell some seatpost hardware for carbon rails for under $20.
Two wheelers rock!

CAAD997

by CAAD997

drainyoo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:37 pm
gabriiaia7273 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 pm
What have you changed to take off so much weight?

Inviato dal mio SM-A525F utilizzando Tapatalk
Hunt 54 UD Carbon Spoke Wheels with Pirelli P Zero Race SL Tires: -1084g
Bontrager Aeolus RSL VR-C Handlebar/Stem: -187g
Trek Carbon Seat Mast -117g
Berk Lupina Saddle: -260g
Carbon-Ti Rotors: -90g
Carbon-Ti Axles: -15g
Rotor Uno Cassette: -132g
Sigeyi Direct Mount: -23g
KMC X11SL Chain: -22g

Great looking bicycle!
Two wheelers rock!

MrRobot

by MrRobot

Hello,

I would like to work out if a new emonda will fit inside my current bike bag,

Do the Geo charts on the trek website take into account the frames ISP?

If not could somebody please tell me the total length if a size 52's seatpost including to intergrated portion which sits proud of the seatstay/toptube interface ?

Cheers

johanalexander

by johanalexander

Anyone have info regarding a new ALR version where the frame matches the current SL/SLR? With the old emonda the ALR came out a few years later in the style of the carbon ones. Would be really cool if they could make one with H1.5, and perhaps a rim brake version since the ALR is more of a consumer friendly easy to live with bike.
Eating trash'n riding fast

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

johanalexander wrote:Anyone have info regarding a new ALR version where the frame matches the current SL/SLR? With the old emonda the ALR came out a few years later in the style of the carbon ones. Would be really cool if they could make one with H1.5, and perhaps a rim brake version since the ALR is more of a consumer friendly easy to live with bike.
I disagree. I'm refusing to give up my ALR because I like the more upright position.

Envoyé de mon SM-G973W en utilisant Tapatalk

johanalexander

by johanalexander

ToileySiphon wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:14 pm
johanalexander wrote:Anyone have info regarding a new ALR version where the frame matches the current SL/SLR? With the old emonda the ALR came out a few years later in the style of the carbon ones. Would be really cool if they could make one with H1.5, and perhaps a rim brake version since the ALR is more of a consumer friendly easy to live with bike.
I disagree. I'm refusing to give up my ALR because I like the more upright position.

So if a new model came out, you would be forced to part ways with your current ALR? Strange.

goatalope

by goatalope

johanalexander wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:41 pm
ToileySiphon wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:14 pm

So if a new model came out, you would be forced to part ways with your current ALR? Strange.
I really like the current Emonda ALR. Just a simple, light, functional bike. Not a bunch of internal routing to worry about. Trek should: 1) put a threaded T47 BB on it, 2) cleanup the cable routing at the BB - could be much simpler. Now, an aluminum Madone ALR would be an interesting competitor to a Allez Sprint.

johanalexander

by johanalexander

goatalope wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:44 pm
I really like the current Emonda ALR. Just a simple, light, functional bike. Not a bunch of internal routing to worry about. Trek should: 1) put a threaded T47 BB on it, 2) cleanup the cable routing at the BB - could be much simpler. Now, an aluminum Madone ALR would be an interesting competitor to a Allez Sprint.
I also like the current ALR due to it's simple and easy to live with nature. However, I do not like the upright tall head tube and the pressfit bb. I also think it's quite ugly, but hey.

ALR Madone would be cool. It would probably be quite heavy though as the carbon version (at least the ones I've seen) is quite a pig.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

CAAD997 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:56 pm
drainyoo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:37 pm
gabriiaia7273 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 pm
What have you changed to take off so much weight?

Inviato dal mio SM-A525F utilizzando Tapatalk
Hunt 54 UD Carbon Spoke Wheels with Pirelli P Zero Race SL Tires: -1084g
Bontrager Aeolus RSL VR-C Handlebar/Stem: -187g
Trek Carbon Seat Mast -117g
Berk Lupina Saddle: -260g
Carbon-Ti Rotors: -90g
Carbon-Ti Axles: -15g
Rotor Uno Cassette: -132g
Sigeyi Direct Mount: -23g
KMC X11SL Chain: -22g

Great looking bicycle!
Agree, amazing color.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

PawelK

by PawelK

Hi,

I am about to buy a 2022 Emonda SLR Disc. I plan to replace Shimano crank with a Power2Max/Rotor Aldhu setup (NGEco). Does anyone here have done this already? Does it work (clearance/compatibility)?

On P2M page I found confusing info:
- P2M/Rotor Aldhu 24 -> German site says it's NOT compatible with Emonda 2021
- P2M/Rotor Aldhu 24 -> English site says nothing about Emonda compatibility (which I take as "yes" for compatibility)
- P2M/Rotor Aldhu 30 -> German or English site says nothing about Emonda compatibility (which I take as "yes" for compatibility)

I was thinking about swapping the T47 BB to Rotor's T4730 to fit Aldhu 30 crankarms and save ~50g thanks to the Aluminum spindle. But I can also live with Aldhu 24 if that makes any difference regarding compatibility.

Of course I asked P2M about this via Support, but the answer is inconclusive. So maybe someone here can advise?

----------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
I asked P2M support again and they confirmed compatibility of both Aldhu 24 and Aldhu 30 with TREK Emonda 2021-2022 and that info on German page is a mistake.

I am still wondering if anyone here is using this setup :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertoguinn

by robertoguinn

PawelK wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:16 am
Hi,

I am about to buy a 2022 Emonda SLR Disc. I plan to replace Shimano crank with a Power2Max/Rotor Aldhu setup (NGEco). Does anyone here have done this already? Does it work (clearance/compatibility)?

On P2M page I found confusing info:
- P2M/Rotor Aldhu 24 -> German site says it's NOT compatible with Emonda 2021
- P2M/Rotor Aldhu 24 -> English site says nothing about Emonda compatibility (which I take as "yes" for compatibility)
- P2M/Rotor Aldhu 30 -> German or English site says nothing about Emonda compatibility (which I take as "yes" for compatibility)

I was thinking about swapping the T47 BB to Rotor's T4730 to fit Aldhu 30 crankarms and save ~50g thanks to the Aluminum spindle. But I can also live with Aldhu 24 if that makes any difference regarding compatibility.

Of course I asked P2M about this via Support, but the answer is inconclusive. So maybe someone here can advise?

----------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
I asked P2M support again and they confirmed compatibility of both Aldhu 24 and Aldhu 30 with TREK Emonda 2021-2022 and that info on German page is a mistake.

I am still wondering if anyone here is using this setup :)
Aldhu spider-based PM won't work. Their axle-based PM will. I was looking into running oval rings with AXS and emailed Rotor about which PM crank fits, after hearing from my LBS that the Aldhu does not. I found out that my GXP Red Quarq won't fit the frame either due to the BB shell width. I've gone with a 4iiii on a Red 11spd. crank (cheapest and lightest).

From Rotor:

The Inspider does run into fitment issues with the bike as the chainstays are quite wide and hit the back side of the spider.

The Inpower and 2inpower cranks will both fit and either one can be used with the AXS compatible 110x4 rings. Either option will require another bottom bracket to be used, such as the Rotor T47-30i.

I have links to the Inpower and 2inpower cranks below along with the 110x4 spider and AXS compatible rings. Let us know if you had any other questions!

https://rotoramerica.com/collections/ro ... er-dm-road
https://rotoramerica.com/collections/ro ... er-dm-road
https://rotoramerica.com/collections/ro ... /dm-spider
https://rotoramerica.com/collections/ro ... r-sram-axs
children trust me