New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lukext

by lukext

Has anyone fitted aftermarket thru-axles, specifically extralite ones, and able to confirm which ones to use for the 2021 TCR? Am I right in thinking the following two:

Front - Extralite BlackLock 12.5A - Road 116
Rear - Extralite BlackLock 12.4 RB - Giant Road

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mamaphil

by mamaphil

tarkiap wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:31 am
Recently bought Wahoo Kick Core just to notice that it's not compatible with Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc 2021. Mounting axle can't be tightened because of the derailleur hanger.

Does anyone have experience with a direct drive trainer that works with this model?
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but did you ever figure out what to do with the Wahoo + 2021 TCR? I am facing the same issue now. Had no idea this would happen! Looking for a quick solution.
Giant TCR Pro 0 - 2020
Norco Optic XT - 2021

Gluestick

by Gluestick

I recently purchased a lightly used 2021 TCR frame. Unfortunately it did not come with frame grommets. I am trying to source the rubber plugs for the brake hoses (fork and chainstay), two way port for the front and rear mech (center of downtube), rubber grommet for rear hose (non drive downtube) and internal cable housing. My local shop has not been much help and my google skills are cutting it. Anybody have any ideas on where to source?

pacaalpaca

by pacaalpaca

mamaphil wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:50 pm
tarkiap wrote:
Recently bought Wahoo Kick Core just to notice that it's not compatible with Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc 2021. Mounting axle can't be tightened because of the derailleur hanger.

Does anyone have experience with a direct drive trainer that works with this model?
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but did you ever figure out what to do with the Wahoo + 2021 TCR? I am facing the same issue now. Had no idea this would happen! Looking for a quick solution.
I emailed Wahoo and they sent me a stock response, saying that they're working on connectors. DCRainmaker has an article on this one as well.

damond

by damond

First upgrade even before newbikeday ImageImage

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

brumbar

by brumbar

Gluestick wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:43 pm
I recently purchased a lightly used 2021 TCR frame. Unfortunately it did not come with frame grommets. I am trying to source the rubber plugs for the brake hoses (fork and chainstay), two way port for the front and rear mech (center of downtube), rubber grommet for rear hose (non drive downtube) and internal cable housing. My local shop has not been much help and my google skills are cutting it. Anybody have any ideas on where to source?
https://www.giantbikespares.com/

darrydonds

by darrydonds

pacaalpaca wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:59 pm
mamaphil wrote:
tarkiap wrote:

I emailed Wahoo and they sent me a stock response, saying that they're working on connectors. DCRainmaker has an article on this one as well.
Good to know. Guess I'll have to keep my old bike then...

brearley

by brearley

I sent wahoo an email on this. They are working on a new nds end cap for the kickr and have said it will be available in the spring. They asked for my address along with a few other details and will send it out when it has gone through final testing free of charge. If you know a good machine shop you can take some material off the standard one but be aware that you would not be able to flip it to use boost spacing

darrydonds

by darrydonds

Hopefully, Wahoo will make the fix available for free to every customer who needs it.

bas

by bas

Last update I got was that the bike companies weren't happy with their solution so they are starting again without any guess of time. How hard can it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aeo

by Aeo

lukext wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:54 pm
Has anyone fitted aftermarket thru-axles, specifically extralite ones, and able to confirm which ones to use for the 2021 TCR? Am I right in thinking the following two:

Front - Extralite BlackLock 12.5A - Road 116
Rear - Extralite BlackLock 12.4 RB - Giant Road
I have them on my 2017 TCR
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

koermer

by koermer

Gluestick wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:43 pm

Where are you from? Depending on distance it might be feasible that I send you the parts left over from my mechanical to di2 conversion.

koermer

by koermer

JayDee81 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 am

Why order it yourself when it is supposed to be part of the bike package? You should have contacted the seller and get the cable through them or at least have the cost reimbursed by them (which they probably wouldn't like compared to them getting it for you).
Just noticed your post - the shop did indeed reimburse the cost.
Ordering the part directly from Giant would have taken them several months.

tarkiap

by tarkiap

mamaphil wrote:
tarkiap wrote:

Unfortunately I had to return Wahoo and bought Tacx Flux S instead.
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc 2021
Orbea Terra M21-D 19

MagicShite

by MagicShite

mamaphil wrote:
tarkiap wrote:

ask your local machinist to machine down the protruding side on the converter. I did it with a machinist and it costs me less than 3 USD.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com