New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cjm

by cjm

What adaptors are required for the kickr?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darrydonds

by darrydonds

pacaalpaca wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 12:47 am
Just got an email from Wahoo.. They're starting to ship TCR adapters for the kickrs..

Also i already crashed my '21 TCR with 500 miles on it.. kudos to Giant for being an amazing company - i filed a claim under their no-fault crash warranty. Within a week, they're shipping a new frame and handlebars to the LBS..i was expecting many many months.. they got a customer for life!
You are extremely lucky to get a replacement so quickly, given there are severe worldwide shortages with parts.

What's the best way to get the TCR adapter for the wahoo kickr?

Edit: looks like wahoo posted an article about this:
https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en- ... 0018850859
Last edited by darrydonds on Wed May 26, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darrydonds

by darrydonds

CharlieDG wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:38 pm
Hi- great bike! I posted my bike on this thread. It's the same frameset in size L but my weight is 7.7kg without pedals. Differences on my bike- I have Ultegra Di2, Giant Contact 100mm stem (170g), Giant Contact SL 40cm bars (245g), Giant SLR1 wheels (1450g), Giant Gavia AC 0 28mm tyres (305g), Fabric Line Pro Saddle (183g), Ultegra rotors, Canyon cages (2x 10g). Other than my different frame size, I don't understand how my bike is almost 400g heavier than your build without pedals. Just down to the size difference or something else? Let me know any thoughts...
7.7kg doesn't look right.

The stock TCR Adv Pro 0 in size M is 7.2kg, without pedals.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

For those who are waiting for Wahoo to resolve their adapter issues, don't bother waiting. It's just a waste of time.

Just head down to your local machinist and have it done. It's very quick and easy.
Attachments
IMG-20210104-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20210104-WA0021.jpg

SeanofChelsea

by SeanofChelsea

pino76 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:06 am
pino76 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:59 pm
jzinckgra wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:39 pm
I read one post here that said Campy EPS can't be used on the TCR frame since the holes are too small for the campy plugs. Why does Giant do this? I've ridden Campy for 20+yrs and wouldn't consider anything else, so it's pretty annoying that you can't use EPS. I'm not going to dremel out the holes to make them bigger either.

I currently have a 2017 Advanced SL. Not sure the upgrade to a 2021 would be worth it in terms of slightly different geometry.
Last weeks i build a TCR advanced sl frameset with eps... with some little work the connectors will fit. I will post a picture next week when the bike is finished.
Can you clarify what this colour is like in person? In your pics it definitely looks blue but in others it's almost emerald green? I've even seen videos where it looks purple?

K4m1k4z3

by K4m1k4z3

What computer mount is everybody using?
If I get the new TCR I would put the new Roval Rapide aero handlebar on it. But due to the flat top section of the handlebar this rules out traditional clamp-style mounts. There simply isn't enough space between the edge of the stem and the part where the handlebar starts to widen.

I've found this one, but not sure whether it's compatible with the new Contact SL stem or WAHOO computers for that matter.
https://www.liv-cycling.com/gb/stem-ext ... uter-mount

The new Contact SL stem (all black, -10°) seems to have a wider bolt spacing compared to the Contact SL on my 2018 TCR Disc (black with white graphics, -8°).
The bolt spacing (horizontal) of the older stem is ~24 mm if anyone wants to measure/compare with the new stem.
Attachments
410000093.jpg
'24 S-Works Tarmac SL8 RTP - soon™
'22 Tarmac SL7 Expert | Ultegra R8100 | Alpinist CL / Custom Rapide CLX 2x60
'19 Diverge E5 Comp
'18 Epic HT Comp Carbon WMN
'18 TCR Adv Pro 1 Disc

js

by js

That stem mount fits on the Defy and Propel stems, but not on the new TCR stem. As you note, the bolt spacing is wider, so it needs the 2021 TCR-specific stem mount, which has the angle and length adjust as well. It does come with a Wahoo mount though.

As I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread, you're best to put some anti-slip paste along the hinge, so that the angle doesn't reset over potholes or bumps. I've done that and it removed all slips, even with a Garmin 530 and a light mounted on the underside.

K4m1k4z3

by K4m1k4z3

js wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 2:56 pm
That stem mount fits on the Defy and Propel stems, but not on the new TCR stem. As you note, the bolt spacing is wider, so it needs the 2021 TCR-specific stem mount, which has the angle and length adjust as well. It does come with a Wahoo mount though.
Cool. Thanks for the info! Have we got a part number for this particular mount? I suppose it doesn't come included with the bike (Pro level and above)?
'24 S-Works Tarmac SL8 RTP - soon™
'22 Tarmac SL7 Expert | Ultegra R8100 | Alpinist CL / Custom Rapide CLX 2x60
'19 Diverge E5 Comp
'18 Epic HT Comp Carbon WMN
'18 TCR Adv Pro 1 Disc

Gin0rm0

by Gin0rm0

K4m1k4z3 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:55 pm
js wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 2:56 pm
Cool. Thanks for the info! Have we got a part number for this particular mount? I suppose it doesn't come included with the bike (Pro level and above)?
I have a 2021 TCR Pro 2 Disc and it comes with the stem faceplate mount pictured above.

ellboy

by ellboy

CharlieDG wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:38 pm
ellboy wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:44 am
Hi guys
My first post on WW. Thought id share my freshly built 2021 TCR Advanced Pro Disc (Chameleon galaxy - medium)
I am more than happy to offer any info or advice to anyone else that is attempting or considering building up the latest frameset.
This build has been a long time in the making as the frame was on back order for 6 months. I Love the colour and the pics don’t really do it justice. I haven’t ridden it yet thanks to the beast from the east arriving here in the UK, but the next dry sunny day I get, I will be straight out.

Weight
7.3kg’s (Cages, no pedals)
7.5kg’s (Cages & pedals)
Sorry scales only go to 1 decimal place for some silly reason.
The build price was £3280 all in and due to the long wait for the frame I was able to monitor component prices and use discount codes when they popped up, I theoretically got the handlebars for free through loyalty scheme points after purchasing the frame . I could have spent another 3-4k for an electric shifting sub 7kg SL version of the bike but for me personally this strikes the right balance of weight and cost without going silly.
Full breakdown of spec and component weights can be found in pics below and it all tends to match up closely enough to the total weigh in.

Let me know what you think. Cheers
Hi- great bike! I posted my bike on this thread. It's the same frameset in size L but my weight is 7.7kg without pedals. Differences on my bike- I have Ultegra Di2, Giant Contact 100mm stem (170g), Giant Contact SL 40cm bars (245g), Giant SLR1 wheels (1450g), Giant Gavia AC 0 28mm tyres (305g), Fabric Line Pro Saddle (183g), Ultegra rotors, Canyon cages (2x 10g). Other than my different frame size, I don't understand how my bike is almost 400g heavier than your build without pedals. Just down to the size difference or something else? Let me know any thoughts...
Hi Charlie
Hard to say really, the larger frames do seem to come with a bit of a weight penalty when looking at other builds. Did you weigh all the components individually? would be an easy way to spot some differences compared to my build. I didnt weigh my bike with the garmin mount on, not sure if that makes much difference.

cacs15

by cacs15

Here a photo of my TCR sl size S:
Full electronic DA, 52/36 Front, 11/30 Rear, with extralite oversize pulley wheels and sigeyi direct mount.
Duke Baccara Ultra 36 Rims, with Carbon Ti X-Hub SP disc, and galfer centrerlock road discs 160/140. Continetal 5000TL
Garmin vector 3 pedals
S-works Power 143mm Saddle
Chiniese integrated handlebar and bottle cages. Below 7kg with all that + garmin mount. Hope you like it. :D

mamaphil

by mamaphil

cacs15 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Full electronic DA, 52/36 Front, 11/30 Rear, with extralite oversize pulley wheels and sigeyi direct mount.
Duke Baccara Ultra 36 Rims, with Carbon Ti X-Hub SP disc, and galfer centrerlock road discs 160/140. Continetal 5000TL
Garmin vector 3 pedals
Chiniese integrated handlebar and bottle cages. Below 7kg with all that + garmin mount. Hope you like it. :D

Is this an OD2 steertube? If so, what handlebar/stem combo did you end up using?

Thanks!
Giant TCR Pro 0 - 2020
Norco Optic XT - 2021

bedampft

by bedampft

cacs15 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Garmin vector 3 pedals

Wrong topic. Thats no MY21 TCR.

SeanofChelsea

by SeanofChelsea

koermer wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:16 pm
After all the help from this forum, my small TCR Advanced Pro 1 upgrade project is finished.

My modifications consisted of replacing mechanical Ultegra with Di2 and the stock handlebars with Giant's contact SLR integrated bars.
Some pointers for those attempting similar upgrades: there is no need to remove the bottom bracket when upgrading to Di2 - just route the 4 cables through the opening below the bottom bracket, connect the junction box and pull everything back in. The opening is large enough to manipulate the di2 components with ease. The rubber grommets and battery wedge for the seatpost come with the bike.

The SLR integrated bars fit very well onto the (slightly angled) stock spacers. For some reason, a wahoo mount was not included with the SLR handlebar, but the one coming with the stock bars worked perfectly. There is a lot of carbon residue inside the SLR bars, which made routing the di2 cables very difficult. I would recommend using a rigid wire to first see if it comes through at all and then use it to pull through the delicate di2 cable. Also do not attempt the normal di2 routing with the ANT receiver in the middle of the handlebar - it will probably get stuck and you'll never get it out. Instead, it is possible to hide the receiver at the end of the bar that is not occupied by the bar end junction.

Finally, the ANT receiver comes with some brackets to connect the di2 cable to the hydraulic line. I opted for some shrinking hose instead, which looks slightly cleaner.
Where did you get the solid block-off plate for the downtube? Do you have a part number for it and what size frame is that?

cacs15

by cacs15

mamaphil wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:45 pm

Is this an OD2 steertube? If so, what handlebar/stem combo did you end up using?

Thanks!
Yes is OD2 Steertube, you can find easily in Aliexprss, this one is from sunning cycling store.. Also the Canyon one fits perfect, I'm chasing one.Here two photos of how it looks

For the spacers i have used

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/aero- ... -handlebar

And then sand very carefuly to match the handlebar. I have to sand a little bit more. But i'm waiting for the canyon one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com