New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cemmac

by Cemmac

Thank you answers.

Anyone familliar with replacing the fork of this bike. Cause it's cheaper it used normal Giant OverDrive and not OverDrive2 Steerer. I know it is 1/8 and the other is 1/4 at the top, i've heard you could buy different top tube cap.

In any case. Anyone tries to drive both options, is feeling so better, like on fast descenting?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT8

by GT8

Can anyone definatively confirm the thru axle thread size on a 2021 TCR Advanced Disc 3 please?

I trusted the Giant website which said 1' but it's not...

Have tried printing the Wolf Tooth guide but can't make my mind up if it's the 1.5 or 1.75.

Thanks

cjm

by cjm

MXM wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:04 pm
cjm wrote:I should be building up a new TCR disc frame soon-ish, does anyone have build tip, cable routing issues, things to look out for, or just gerneral advice?
Just be careful with the seatpost clamp and do not torque it up to 7 nm. 5 nm should be more than enough. Giant supplied the first production series with wrong seat clamps that fit poorly and can damage the frame or paint. They later updated the clamp.

It has been covered in this thread around p. 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, the frameset came with the newer updated clamp.

Any tips on the cabling with a mechnical groupset?

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

GT8 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:55 pm
Can anyone definatively confirm the thru axle thread size on a 2021 TCR Advanced Disc 3 please?

I trusted the Giant website which said 1' but it's not...

Have tried printing the Wolf Tooth guide but can't make my mind up if it's the 1.5 or 1.75.

Thanks
This is what I bought for the rear and it fits perfect. 2021 TCR disc

Prime Lightweight Road Thru Axle
Black, 160/15/M12*P1.5

WeberRoad

by WeberRoad

Does anyone know the measurements of the bearings of the front and rear hub of the PR-2 that come with tcr advanced 2 disc?

rwm

by rwm

I am 6'2. According to the website I can fit M/L and are L. Which one should i choose? Anyone else have the same problem?

bobones

by bobones

rwm wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:28 am
I am 6'2. According to the website I can fit M/L and are L. Which one should i choose? Anyone else have the same problem?
M/L if you want a lower, racier position or don't mind spacers to raise front end. L will provide a taller front end (and less exposed seat tube), which may allow you to slam the stem. You may need to change the supplied stem to get the correct reach. Compare a current well fitting bike on the Geometry Geeks site and pick the closest match. General advice is to opt for the smaller bike if between sizes as there are fewer compromises in achieving the correct fit. A smaller bike will be a bit lighter too.

tommsup

by tommsup

rwm wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:28 am
You can probably use both M/L and L without issues Your measurements and flexibility will decide witch one suits you best.

I am 6.150 and decided to buy a Large TCR SL frameset, but with shorter crankarms and narrower handlebar than "standard". I use a 120mm stem on the large frame. I had a Giant Propel in M/L earlier and I prefer the fit of the TCR.

aloter

by aloter

Does anyone have a link for the correct TCR 2021 seat clamp, i need a replacement, thank you.

WizzyBob

by WizzyBob

Can anybody help regarding the ISP and seat height?

I'm looking at buying a m/l frameset, for this size the seat tube length is 770mm, I need the seat height to be 815mm centre crank to saddle top, with the saddle on and the adjustment you can make I should'nt have any problem achiving this height?

tommsup

by tommsup

aloter wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:21 pm
Does anyone have a link for the correct TCR 2021 seat clamp, i need a replacement, thank you.
https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-2 ... il/3-47208

Hoven

by Hoven

-
Last edited by Hoven on Fri May 13, 2022 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoven

by Hoven

WizzyBob wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:46 am

I'm looking at buying a m/l frameset, for this size the seat tube length is 770mm, I need the seat height to be 815mm centre crank to saddle top, with the saddle on and the adjustment you can make I should'nt have any problem achiving this height?
This is mine L with saddleheight 82.5cm from cc cranks to top of saddle.
Attachments
4F182645-F294-4096-9901-ABF7BCC6B52D.jpeg

bobones

by bobones

WizzyBob wrote:

M/L will be fine. I have M with saddle at 79.5 (about 1.5 cm chopped off and using thinnest ISP topper), and the M/L post is 3 cm longer than the M.

WizzyBob

by WizzyBob

bobones wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:50 am
WizzyBob wrote:

M/L will be fine. I have M with saddle at 79.5 (about 1.5 cm chopped off and using thinnest ISP topper), and the M/L post is 3 cm longer than the M.
Ok thanks for that.

I ended up calling a Giant store to double check, they put a saddle on the frame and measured it, they said I could pretty much get up to 850mm

Ordered the frame anyway 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com