New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zirxo

by zirxo

You must be all legs with that saddle height to height ratio.

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

Anyone know what length caliper mounting bolts are used in the rear position? I am attempting to order all of my parts while the frame stays packed up in the box.

Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MXM

by MXM

The part that goes into the frame is 38 mm, the whole bolt is 43 mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tunaseng

by tunaseng

Anybody got suggestions on how to manage the brake cable and di2 on the tcr? It is semi internal routed on a pro vibe aero bar and I don't want to disconnect the brake hose, bleed then again just to slot in a heat shrink tube.
Attachments
3C752D6C-1A1D-48A9-A267-49A118DD3FF9.jpeg

IvanZg

by IvanZg

tunaseng wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:51 am
Anybody got suggestions on how to manage the brake cable and di2 on the tcr? It is semi internal routed on a pro vibe aero bar and I don't want to disconnect the brake hose, bleed then again just to slot in a heat shrink tube.
You can try with a spiral wrap like this one from the link. it does not look as neat as shrink wrap but beats the look of electrical tape.

https://www.bike24.com/p2459243.html

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

Can anyone provide insight into the cable management on a Advanced Pro Disc with mechanical? This is my first internally cabled bike that actually has guide tubes, so i'm unfamiliar with the Giant's process. Any and all input would be appreciated as I would like to get this built up, and this is the last item before I pull it all together.
  • Do you leave the guide tubes in place through the frame?
  • Do you run the tubes through the guide under the bottom bracket shell?
  • Do you pull the guide tube through the cable port to the front deraileur?
Sorry if this has been covered. I read all 103 pages and did not see it anywhere.

IvanZg

by IvanZg

yes
yes
yes

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

IvanZg wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:42 pm
yes, yes, yes
Thank you.

BikeNerd2453

by BikeNerd2453

tunaseng wrote:
What computer mount is that?!

tunaseng

by tunaseng

BikeNerd2453 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:16 pm
tunaseng wrote:
What computer mount is that?!
Can find this on AliExpress
Attachments
2D7FAE83-D828-4550-A555-3B85F0978FEB.png

tunaseng

by tunaseng

IvanZg wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:53 pm
tunaseng wrote:
You can try with a spiral wrap like this one from the link. it does not look as neat as shrink wrap but beats the look of electrical tape.

https://www.bike24.com/p2459243.html
Thanks for sharing. Will give that a shot.

bobones

by bobones

zirxo wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:07 pm
You must be all legs with that saddle height to height ratio.
Indeed. I've just finished building up the M and I can ride it without cutting the seat mast! It's actually about 0.5cm too long so I will shorten it a little once my cutting guide arrives.

bobones

by bobones

Just back from a 30 mile ride and I think I can get away without chopping the mast at all. Saddle is at the very upper limit for me, but I am not bouncing around, rocking at the hips, nor have excessive reaching from the ankles. I will cut the fork down a bit though once I get it dialled in.

I would never pick this colour but there's no choice so will just embrace it and go for a completely non steathy look.

Think it would look great with these bad boys!

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

bobones wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:53 pm
I would never pick this colour but there's no choice so will just embrace it and go for a completely non steathy look.
I'm in a similar situation. After having a lot of black/grey bikes, i am building up a chameleon galaxy frame. I guess i'll Oil Slick all the things.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

Chameleon Galaxy is a great colour, though, and I much prefer it to Astral Aura, although that's growing on me now I'm stuck with it. I've got a Supacaz oil slick saddle on the way and I'm going to try to get hold of those EEs. Might even get oil slick spokes and go full Miami Vice.