New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Hoven wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am
WizzyBob wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:46 am
Can anybody help regarding the ISP and seat height?

I'm looking at buying a m/l frameset, for this size the seat tube length is 770mm, I need the seat height to be 815mm centre crank to saddle top, with the saddle on and the adjustment you can make I should'nt have any problem achiving this height?
This is mine L with saddleheight 82.5cm from cc cranks to top of saddle.
This paintjob looks waaaay better than the pic on the website. Beautiful. How tall are you Hoven?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hoven

by Hoven

DCcyclist wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 6:35 pm
Hoven wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am
WizzyBob wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:46 am
Can anybody help regarding the ISP and seat height?

I'm looking at buying a m/l frameset, for this size the seat tube length is 770mm, I need the seat height to be 815mm centre crank to saddle top, with the saddle on and the adjustment you can make I should'nt have any problem achiving this height?
This is mine L with saddleheight 82.5cm from cc cranks to top of saddle.
This paintjob looks waaaay better than the pic on the website. Beautiful. How tall are you Hoven?
Thanks man! Love the bike. I'm 186cm But loooong legs :lol:

mikedtn

by mikedtn

Long shot, but I don't suppose anyone has a size large 2021 or 2022 TCR that could take this measurement for me if their stem is at the highest (default) height?
tcr-large.jpg
Reason I ask is because I have a size large Propel (same geo as TCR) and sometimes when climbing my knees can catch the deeper aero bars. Not sure if a large TCR would be the same with a round bar, or I'd need to think about size XL.

Called around some stores, but none of the have a size large on display.

Thanks

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Hoven wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:28 pm
I have long legs (and arms) too, I am 193 with 33'' inseam. I was wondering if I could fit in an L.
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Lina

by Lina

DCcyclist wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:56 pm
Hoven wrote:
I have long legs (and arms) too, I am 193 with 33'' inseam. I was wondering if I could fit in an L.
33" inseam at 193 isn't long legs. It's short if anything.

jecgarci

by jecgarci

Hi all!
So I'll be upgrading and currently my LBS has an advanced pro frameset in size M in stock. My previous bike was a merida silex in size S which turns out to have the same reach with a size M tcr. Main difference between the two bikes would be the stack, tcr is 6 cm lower than silex. Main differences as posted here:
geometrygeeks.bike_compare_giant-tcr-advanced-pro-disc-2022-m,merida-silex-400-2021-47_ (1).png
geometrygeeks.bike_compare_giant-tcr-advanced-pro-disc-2022-m,merida-silex-400-2021-47_.png
I didn't have much problems with my previous bike in terms of fit and I didn't even feel stretched out (I'm not quite sure if my wingspan is a factor here since mine measures 179cm which is 5cm longer than my height). Flexibility is not much of a problem too.

My measurements are
Height: 174cm, longer torso and armspan of 179cm (is this a thing? lol)
Inseam: 75cm
Saddle height previously: 81cm (inseam x 1.09)

Additional info is that I have not had a bike fit before and figured a shorter 90mm stem(rather than 100) and a short 70mm reach on the handlebars (stock on silex was 80mm reach) would help further in decreasing the reach. I also don't mind spacers that much and I won't be racing. One problem that comes into mind would be the seatpost exposure (is there a minimum seatpost exposure for compliance?)

Thanks!

naylor343

by naylor343

jecgarci wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:20 am
Hi all!
So I'll be upgrading and currently my LBS has an advanced pro frameset in size M in stock. My previous bike was a merida silex in size S which turns out to have the same reach with a size M tcr. Main difference between the two bikes would be the stack, tcr is 6 cm lower than silex. Main differences as posted here:

geometrygeeks.bike_compare_giant-tcr-advanced-pro-disc-2022-m,merida-silex-400-2021-47_ (1).png
geometrygeeks.bike_compare_giant-tcr-advanced-pro-disc-2022-m,merida-silex-400-2021-47_.png

I didn't have much problems with my previous bike in terms of fit and I didn't even feel stretched out (I'm not quite sure if my wingspan is a factor here since mine measures 179cm which is 5cm longer than my height). Flexibility is not much of a problem too.

My measurements are

Additional info is that I have not had a bike fit before and figured a shorter 90mm stem(rather than 100) and a short 70mm reach on the handlebars (stock on silex was 80mm reach) would help further in decreasing the reach. I also don't mind spacers that much and I won't be racing. One problem that comes into mind would be the seatpost exposure (is there a minimum seatpost exposure for compliance?)

Thanks!
Take a look at https://www.velogicfit.com/frame-comparison/

It will let you compare both bikes including handlebar by brand, stem length, stem angle and spacers. It will also give you your final handlebar stack and reach.

jecgarci

by jecgarci

naylor343 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:24 am
jecgarci wrote:
Hi all!

My measurements are

Thanks!
Take a look at https://www.velogicfit.com/frame-comparison/

It will let you compare both bikes including handlebar by brand, stem length, stem angle and spacers. It will also give you your final handlebar stack and reach.
Thank you for this!

Lucky me and just found someone selling the same frame in size S so I guess this case is closed

brearley

by brearley

Hylix seatposts are now readily available on ebay for the advanced pro frameset at 133g it's around 50g lighter.
The seller also has hardware upgrade for the seatpost which drops 47g changing the bolts and cradles :thumbup:

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Lina wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:26 pm
DCcyclist wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:56 pm
Hoven wrote:
33" inseam at 193 isn't long legs. It's short if anything.
Yep. I'm 192 with a 36" inseam.

LucasNid

by LucasNid

jecgarci wrote:
Hi all!

My measurements are

Thanks!
Hi,

I own a 2022 TCR Advanced 1 Pro size M.

I am 174cm too and have an inseam of 79.
My saddle height is actually 69 (79*0.883), I admit your calculation is quite strange to me.

I have recently had a professional bike fit - my saddle was slightly lowered alongside with the handlebar.

The bike fitter has confirmed that the M is my perfect size and I would have had issues if I bought a S.

jecgarci

by jecgarci

LucasNid wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:05 pm
jecgarci wrote:
Hi all!

My measurements are

Thanks!
Hi,

I own a 2022 TCR Advanced 1 Pro size M.

I am 174cm too and have an inseam of 79.
My saddle height is actually 69 (79*0.883), I admit your calculation is quite strange to me.

I have recently had a professional bike fit - my saddle was slightly lowered alongside with the handlebar.

The bike fitter has confirmed that the M is my perfect size and I would have had issues if I bought a S.
I'm crossing my fingers right now because I just bought a small frame and it seems that I'll need a 120 stem for it just so it won't hit my leg while riding out of the saddle. Hopefully things workout and I wouldn't need to size up, its hard to get frames in the right size nowadays

My saddle height is measured from the pedal axle to the top of the seatpost, but we almost have the same saddle height if I measure it from the bb.

RadB

by RadB

Jecgarci,
A few things.
1) your previous saddle height calc estimate was incorrectly flipped. It should be a fracton of your inseam.

2) internet is a bad place for fitting information from others, too many variables

3) the geometry between tcrs changed from 20 to 21. A small '21 frame has almost the same effective bar position as '20 medium. See attached.

4) I'd seek a small at 175 with 80 inseam, currently on a 20 propel medium.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220522-110100.png

Aeo

by Aeo

brearley wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 3:23 pm
Hylix seatposts are now readily available on ebay for the advanced pro frameset at 133g it's around 50g lighter.
The seller also has hardware upgrade for the seatpost which drops 47g changing the bolts and cradles :thumbup:
Thanks for info
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darrydonds

by darrydonds

leonlikestrees wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 am
Cemmac wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:06 pm
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/si/tcr-a ... mpact-2022

Help, can I get down this bike under 7,5kg. Wheels 500g, then not really idea.
Thank you
I've got a TCR advanced 1 disc, size large. 8.35kg out of the box, now 7.7 including pedals, computer mount and bottle cages (nothing weight weenie here. Es600 SPD pedals, standard gramin out front mount, and cheap decathlon plastic bottle cages)

Main things I replaced was the bars (contact ones are heavy, maybe over 300g. I put on some zipp carbon bars at 185g), bar tape (deda zero. No idea what the giant stuff weighed but it disintegrated on removal) and saddle (also heavy at 315g I think, I had an Arione 00 so another 165g saved).

Wheels and tyres saved the rest.

If I took off all the bits not included in the weigh in, I'd be under 7.5 kg.

I think the di2 is heavier than my 11spd mechanical though? Although size large bike is always heavy, so maybe you'd get that back if you ride a smaller bike.

On my bike now not many places left to save significant weight without spending a lot of money. Stem is an obvious one but I like the way the stock one integrates. Cassette is another but a lot of money to save any big weight. The. It's thinks like ti bolts etc which to be honest I can't be bothered with (on the wrong forum!)

You serious?! The stock bar tape is usually Stratus Lite 2.0. The roll weights 70g. I doubt your replacement does significantly better.