New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ndlc22

by ndlc22

Peabody wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:07 am
I just picked up a 2021 Advanced Pro Frameset in the Carbon colour.

I am putting my parts list together and have a couple questions on the stem.

This is my first Giant with the OD2 steerer - I can only seem to find Zipp and Giant stems to fit the 1-1/4 size...

For the Zipp Stems - there are 2 different Service Course SL models:
1 - Model ST-SC-SL-B2 - https://www.sram.com/en/zipp/models/st-sc-sl-b2
2 - Model ST-SC-SL-B1 - https://www.sram.com/en/zipp/models/st-sc-sl-b1

Which is the proper one for the Giant OD2?

Are there other stems that will fit? (don't really want a Canyon set-up - I prefer separate bar and stem).

Thanks,
hello i bought an xlc stem it work well on my tcr 2021
quiet light and very cheap
https://www.bikester.fr/xlc-a-head-all- ... gLIuvD_BwE

JSam

by JSam

darrydonds wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:52 am
It's just a look thing. Not sure I understand how this makes the design "terrible". The design adheres to the stock stem's shape -- doing the contrary would have been terrible.
True. Sorry to clarify, I meant the design is terrible from a compatibility standpoint and how it makes it so much harder to swap with other stems given the shape. I quite like the stem's shape as it and would totally stick with the same Giant stem if I could find one in the right size.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naylor343

by naylor343

Very easy to re-shape with a file and some sand paper. Plus with the amount of spacers supplied you can afford to get it wrong first time.
Attachments
photo 1.JPG

Raimundo

by Raimundo

+1

A file or even a Dremel is a weightweenies best friend... :D

Dukem

by Dukem

Hey all, new here.

I bought a TCR ADV PRO1 back in April (I believe the last size L available in the south at the time, during lockdown). My first road bike :)

My rear tyre has taken a beaten on farm roads south of Basingstoke through to the south downs. The other day before setting off to work, my rear tyre decided to hiss and piss a load of air out, not sure if it is linked to having the bike leant against a radiator with grit stuck in the tyre?

I've since deflated and picked out a load glass shard and whatnot. But it's clear to me it's time to replace the tyre. I've put roughly over 2k on it so a bit dissapointed with the durability. Im having a rigth mare finding tyres. What's everyone else on SLR1 (hookless..) wheels doing for replacements?

The approved list by Giant hasn't changed since launch and I feel absolutely conned at the lack of availability. I used to run gp5000's on my canyon roadite commuter but theyre a little soft for the roads I ride so im heistant to go for gp5000 S TR tyres. Half tempted to sell the wheelset but they have been faultless apart from the lack of tyre compatibility. Overall I love the bike apart from this.

I've got a bike fit next Thursday and would like to be able to ride there and back. Is it worth trying to repair the tyre?

Thanks in advance

Duke

MXM

by MXM

Speaking of the gp5000 S TR tyres, has anyone tested the 25c or 28c on the giant SLR 1 rims that come stock on the TCR Advanced Pro 1 disc? I am curious to know the actual width once it is mounted on the wheel. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MXM

by MXM

Dukem wrote:Hey all, new here.

I bought a TCR ADV PRO1 back in April (I believe the last size L available in the south at the time, during lockdown). My first road bike :)

My rear tyre has taken a beaten on farm roads south of Basingstoke through to the south downs. The other day before setting off to work, my rear tyre decided to hiss and piss a load of air out, not sure if it is linked to having the bike leant against a radiator with grit stuck in the tyre?

I've since deflated and picked out a load glass shard and whatnot. But it's clear to me it's time to replace the tyre. I've put roughly over 2k on it so a bit dissapointed with the durability. Im having a rigth mare finding tyres. What's everyone else on SLR1 (hookless..) wheels doing for replacements?

The approved list by Giant hasn't changed since launch and I feel absolutely conned at the lack of availability. I used to run gp5000's on my canyon roadite commuter but theyre a little soft for the roads I ride so im heistant to go for gp5000 S TR tyres. Half tempted to sell the wheelset but they have been faultless apart from the lack of tyre compatibility. Overall I love the bike apart from this.

I've got a bike fit next Thursday and would like to be able to ride there and back. Is it worth trying to repair the tyre?

Thanks in advance

Duke
The GP5000 S TR has made the list, although starting only from the 28c (not sure why). Image

Kafuu

by Kafuu

Hey guys, I just got the bike and was wondering if this gap is normal?
Attachments
230E9BEC-2104-4EB3-BEAA-DB25DAC8320C.jpg

bedampft

by bedampft

yes

darrydonds

by darrydonds

I concur -- it's normal. You wouldn't want that rubbing the frame, right?

Peabody

by Peabody

Frame has arrived!
Advanced Pro Model in the Carbon Colourway, size M/L
Frameset (with front and rear derailier hangers) - 992g
Fork (un-cut) - 381g
Seat Post - 193g

Did a mock-up with the parts I have so far. Just really want the groupset to arrive, but maybe after I finish the drywall work :D

mamaphil

by mamaphil

MXM wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:53 pm
Dukem wrote:Hey all, new here.

Thanks in advance

Duke
The GP5000 S TR has made the list, although starting only from the 28c (not sure why). Image

probably because if you want to run a 25, you need higher than 72.5 psi pressure.
Giant TCR Pro 0 - 2020
Norco Optic XT - 2021

Dukem

by Dukem

Just fitted a Conti GP5000 S TR 28mm to the rear (SLR1) with absolute ease! Tyre weight spot on so an easy weight reduction for those on the stock AC tyres... 28mm sitting nicely at 70psi will test tomrrow for compliance (im 6'2" - 81kg for ref, L -
frame)

ndlc22

by ndlc22

Dukem wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:15 pm
Just fitted a Conti GP5000 S TR 28mm to the rear (SLR1) with absolute ease! Tyre weight spot on so an easy weight reduction for those on the stock AC tyres... 28mm sitting nicely at 70psi will test tomrrow for compliance (im 6'2" - 81kg for ref, L -
frame)
did you mesure the weight of the stocks giant tires ?
gavia course 1 tubeless ?
thanks a lot

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

G104xG320

by G104xG320

Just received the frameset. It has a decent weight. This is the first step to forge a sub 5 kilo TCR (without compromising stiffness)

The MY22 rim brake frame size M without any hardware is 807.9g.
If I cut the seaport then it will likely get into sub 800.
If stripped out all paint it might get into sub 700 if lucky enough :D
1.jpg
Here's also a lightweight customized ISP seatpost, which implies SW SL6 might no longer have weight advantages even using darimo seatpost.
2.jpg