New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

neomoz

by neomoz

Thanks jagheterjan, pretty obvious from the torque printed on the clamp you have the new one.

thundertcr

by thundertcr

jagheterjan wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:05 am
The gap is present on my bike as well, yet the post doesn't slip nor creak

Your torque spec is quite a bit lower than mine. I wonder if 7nm is too high

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antoniogf

by antoniogf

thundertcr wrote:
jagheterjan wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:05 am
The gap is present on my bike as well, yet the post doesn't slip nor creak

Your torque spec is quite a bit lower than mine. I wonder if 7nm is too high
Hi guys..Here in Spain giant gave instructions to dealers to replace clamp with 7Nm Torque tcr 2021 by the correct one , 4.5 Nm torque.
The 7Nm torque is for 2020 and before, for 2021 4.5 Nm.
That is the mine, pro 0 adv 2021ImageImageImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

neomoz

by neomoz

Some resolution to my seat clamp issues, Giant Australia don't have access to the new clamps but they've been giving owners the older MY16+ clamp to solve the creaking issues, I believe this was the same solution that was given to cyclingtips in the review I posted earlier.

The MY16+ clamp appears to fit fine and I've taken it for a quick ride and it's been dead silent. When we changed over the clamp, it was very obvious how much longer the MY16 clamp was.

MY16+ clamp
MY16+ clamp installed.
IMG_20210515_112227.jpg
I found it interesting how the old clamp was compatible, I'll see how it goes, not sure what the advantage of the new designed clamp is. I think asthetically the new clamp looks nicer, sitting flush with the frame hole, not that it really matters since it's covered by the rubber cover.

zirxo

by zirxo

I finally got my Advanced SL!
I ordered a frame for rim brakes originally but after S-tec-sports sent me the wrong size UPS drove over the package with the right size when the store was about to send it to me so instead I had to get a frame for disc brakes.

I'm super stoked to build this one up, the only issue is finding a di2 groupset for disc brakes, they seem to be out of stock in the entire world right now...
IMG_20210517_123546_149.jpg

morganb

by morganb

zirxo wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:54 am
I ordered a frame for rim brakes originally but after S-tec-sports sent me the wrong size UPS drove over the package with the right size when the store was about to send it to me so instead I had to get a frame for disc brakes.

I'm super stoked to build this one up, the only issue is finding a di2 groupset for disc brakes, they seem to be out of stock in the entire world right now...
Ordered my R9170 shifters in January, expected late June early July delivery. Frame ordered same time and now expected August.

Weber

by Weber

Hi,
I would like to ask something particular about the tcr 2021 advanced pro(no ISP).I am concerned about the offset of the seatpost. It is possible to get a straight seatback with 0 offset or it comes with unique offset without possibility of change.

jagheterjan

by jagheterjan

You can reverse the seat clamp, this way you'll get an almost straight seatpost (It's shifted ~5mm infront of the seatpost axis when you turn the clamp, the other position gets you 15mm of setback)

zirxo

by zirxo

morganb wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:58 am
zirxo wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:54 am

Ordered my R9170 shifters in January, expected late June early July delivery. Frame ordered same time and now expected August.
Late June sounds promising.

darrydonds

by darrydonds

jagheterjan wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:59 pm
You can reverse the seat clamp, this way you'll get an almost straight seatpost (It's shifted ~5mm infront of the seatpost axis when you turn the clamp, the other position gets you 15mm of setback)
Good to know. :thumbup:

zirxo

by zirxo

Bike-components.de has the R8070 shifters + brakes in stock so now I'm just waiting for some packages to arrive from Germany before I'm ready to finally build my TCR! I'm soooo stoked!

CharlieDG

by CharlieDG

ellboy wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:44 am
Hi guys
My first post on WW. Thought id share my freshly built 2021 TCR Advanced Pro Disc (Chameleon galaxy - medium)
I am more than happy to offer any info or advice to anyone else that is attempting or considering building up the latest frameset.
This build has been a long time in the making as the frame was on back order for 6 months. I Love the colour and the pics don’t really do it justice. I haven’t ridden it yet thanks to the beast from the east arriving here in the UK, but the next dry sunny day I get, I will be straight out.

Weight
7.3kg’s (Cages, no pedals)
7.5kg’s (Cages & pedals)
Sorry scales only go to 1 decimal place for some silly reason.
The build price was £3280 all in and due to the long wait for the frame I was able to monitor component prices and use discount codes when they popped up, I theoretically got the handlebars for free through loyalty scheme points after purchasing the frame . I could have spent another 3-4k for an electric shifting sub 7kg SL version of the bike but for me personally this strikes the right balance of weight and cost without going silly.
Full breakdown of spec and component weights can be found in pics below and it all tends to match up closely enough to the total weigh in.

Let me know what you think. Cheers
Hi- great bike! I posted my bike on this thread. It's the same frameset in size L but my weight is 7.7kg without pedals. Differences on my bike- I have Ultegra Di2, Giant Contact 100mm stem (170g), Giant Contact SL 40cm bars (245g), Giant SLR1 wheels (1450g), Giant Gavia AC 0 28mm tyres (305g), Fabric Line Pro Saddle (183g), Ultegra rotors, Canyon cages (2x 10g). Other than my different frame size, I don't understand how my bike is almost 400g heavier than your build without pedals. Just down to the size difference or something else? Let me know any thoughts...

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Anyone here who is using the old 7nm clamp (clamp using 5-5.5nm) and have no issues?

Just out of curiosity. Mine is installed with the old clamp but I used 5nm and plenty of carbon friction paste.

TCRcanuck

by TCRcanuck

OG 7nm clamp here on my 2021 TCR (torqued to 7nm). Zero issues - no slippage or creaks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pacaalpaca

by pacaalpaca

Just got an email from Wahoo.. They're starting to ship TCR adapters for the kickrs..

Also i already crashed my '21 TCR with 500 miles on it.. kudos to Giant for being an amazing company - i filed a claim under their no-fault crash warranty. Within a week, they're shipping a new frame and handlebars to the LBS..i was expecting many many months.. they got a customer for life!