New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dton13

by dton13

shotgun1 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:04 am
dton13 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:07 pm
Alright she’s built up and sparkles. Does anyone know of someone making custom ISP toppers? The stock one (even short) is HEAVY at 103g. My old darimo seatpost is only 63g!
Congratulations on the build! The current topper has actually gone on a diet already. It used to be around 150g. They now have carbon bits, which I'm assuming is where the savings are coming from. I recall an old post on WW, someone was planning to shave weight off the older toppers, but it'll hard to pull off more from the current one.
Ya I was surprised at the weight when I had heard the MY21 toppers were supposed to be lighter than previous. But at 103g, there's still a fairly significant chunk of metal there. I thought they had switched more of the body to carbon/composites.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darrydonds

by darrydonds

pacaalpaca wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:50 pm
My 2021 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0.

I actually saw on the giant website that my size (M/L) was in stock all the way in TN (I am in CA). I called one of those shops an they were willing to ship the bike to a Giant dealer here. They charged $100 to pack, shipping was another $180, and the shop in CA charged $160 for "assembly" (which was basically put the handlebars on and add sealant, not happy about that!). I also lose out on the "bought at an LBS" perks like free tunes.

I am coming from a Fuji SL and a Giant Defy. The TCR is a beast, so fast, although not as comfortable as the Defy on longer rides. Very well built. The wheels are very nice, tho the tires are meh - I switched out tires for Vittorias.

The power meter was reading high, so I re-installed the crank and the power meter started reading normal. No problems here - free PM!

PXL_20210326_224714832.jpg
Congrats. You really have to jump through hoops to get your hands on any current model-year bikes these days.

FYI: Vittorias are not officially approved tyres: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/hookless-technology

pacaalpaca

by pacaalpaca

darrydonds wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:59 pm
pacaalpaca wrote:

I actually saw on the giant website that my size (M/L) was in stock all the way in TN (I am in CA). I called one of those shops an they were willing to ship the bike to a Giant dealer here. They charged $100 to pack, shipping was another $180, and the shop in CA charged $160 for "assembly" (which was basically put the handlebars on and add sealant, not happy about that!). I also lose out on the "bought at an LBS" perks like free tunes.

I am coming from a Fuji SL and a Giant Defy. The TCR is a beast, so fast, although not as comfortable as the Defy on longer rides. Very well built. The wheels are very nice, tho the tires are meh - I switched out tires for Vittorias.

The power meter was reading high, so I re-installed the crank and the power meter started reading normal. No problems here - free PM!

Congrats. You really have to jump through hoops to get your hands on any current model-year bikes these days.

FYI: Vittorias are not officially approved tyres: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/hookless-technology
Ooops, you're right.. I have the Schwalbe Pros.. was a breeze to setup

darrydonds

by darrydonds

pacaalpaca wrote:

Is the handlebar the Contact SL or Contact SLR? (I think the info on their website is wrong.)

pacaalpaca

by pacaalpaca

You're right! Just checked - both stem and handlebar are SLR, whereas on the website it's specced at SL:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/tcr-a ... isc-0-2021

pacaalpaca

by pacaalpaca

darrydonds wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:18 am
pacaalpaca wrote:

Is the handlebar the Contact SL or Contact SLR? (I think the info on their website is wrong.)
You're right! Both stem and handlebar are SLR, whereas website spec'd this model at SL:

pacaalpaca

by pacaalpaca

deleted

darrydonds

by darrydonds

pacaalpaca wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:47 pm
You're right! Both stem and handlebar are SLR, whereas website spec'd this model at SL:
:thumbup:

damond

by damond

Just finished building mine Image

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

bas

by bas

Sub 7kg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte86

by Matte86

damond wrote:Image

Just finished building mine Image

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Beautiful!

FEEDINtheGO4T

by FEEDINtheGO4T

Stunning bike. Mine comes next week, same frame. What bottle cages are you using? They go well with the bike frame

damond

by damond

bas wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:08 am
Sub 7kg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't had a chance to weight it yet but according to my excel file it must be spot on 7kg. Wheelset isn't the lightest (although it is absolutely amazing wheelset) and groupset it ultegra except for the crankset which is Dura Ace 9100-P.

I borrowed the groupset from my Defy while i am waiting for the new dura ace groupset to arrive.

My friend's one weights 6.55kg with Cadex wheels and tires and full dura ace groupset. The rest of the build is exactly like mine.

damond

by damond

FEEDINtheGO4T wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:06 am
Stunning bike. Mine comes next week, same frame. What bottle cages are you using? They go well with the bike frame
Looking forward to see yours! What will be the build?

I am waiting for the new dura ace groupset and probably get a pair of Enve 4.5 AR's!

The bottle cages are Arundel Mandibles, simply the best cages for me! I use this model for 10 years now and never had any trouble!

FEEDINtheGO4T

by FEEDINtheGO4T

damond wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:53 pm
FEEDINtheGO4T wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:06 am
Looking forward to see yours! What will be the build?

I am waiting for the new dura ace groupset and probably get a pair of Enve 4.5 AR's!

The bottle cages are Arundel Mandibles, simply the best cages for me! I use this model for 10 years now and never had any trouble!
I've gone for Sram Red AXS, with Zipp 303s Wheels. I'll post a pic next week 👍

I'll check those bottle cages out, thats the only thing I need to purchase now :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com