New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Weber

by Weber

Hi,
I have the giant pr 2 on my tcr advanced 2021 disc bike. Can anyone tell me the model of the bearing they use?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrAppleSeeds

by MrAppleSeeds

Anybody else with a non ISP TCR get cracking or popping noises when they're tightening their seat clamp? For background, I have the right seat wedge (4.5-5.5.NM), use a torque wrench, and seatpost has assembly paste. I've adjusted the seatpost a couple of times and is free of any visible cracks but it does makes me uneasy every time so I'm curious if anybody else has the same experience

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

MrAppleSeeds wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:29 pm
Anybody else with a non ISP TCR get cracking or popping noises when they're tightening their seat clamp?
I get the subtle noise of the grit from the carbon paste every now and then, but nothing I would really call "cracking or popping".

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

Speaking of, here is my M/L Chameleon Galaxy built up for the winter on 32mm GravelKings on Mason X Hunt wheels.

gdnicoll

by gdnicoll

MrAppleSeeds wrote:Anybody else with a non ISP TCR get cracking or popping noises when they're tightening their seat clamp? For background, I have the right seat wedge (4.5-5.5.NM), use a torque wrench, and seatpost has assembly paste. I've adjusted the seatpost a couple of times and is free of any visible cracks but it does makes me uneasy every time so I'm curious if anybody else has the same experience
Removing the wedge, taking the bolt out and covering the length of it including under the head with grease seems to work for me. Had to do it a couple of days ago, last time was maybe a couple of years before that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrAppleSeeds

by MrAppleSeeds

gdnicoll wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:33 pm
Removing the wedge, taking the bolt out and covering the length of it including under the head with grease seems to work for me. Had to do it a couple of days ago, last time was maybe a couple of years before that
I'll give that a try next time I have to take it out. Also, what's the best way to dislodge the seatpost from the frame? Ive seen people knocking on the saddle from the bottom to twisting their saddle side to side- you'd think that there would be an easier way to do it

gdnicoll

by gdnicoll

MrAppleSeeds wrote:
gdnicoll wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:33 pm
I'll give that a try next time I have to take it out. Also, what's the best way to dislodge the seatpost from the frame? Ive seen people knocking on the saddle from the bottom to twisting their saddle side to side- you'd think that there would be an easier way to do it
Loosen the bolt a couple of turns, then with the hex wrench still in there, give the bolt a tap with a hammer (onto the end/ top side of the hex wrench) to dislodge the lower part of the wedge. It might need quite a good tap. You will know when you have dislodged it because the seat post should then easily come out. At least, that is how it worked for me. I will admit I was nervous as to whether it would move, but in the end it was pretty straight forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrAppleSeeds

by MrAppleSeeds

While I wait for my Giant retailer to reply, what do you guys think about this area on my fork. First time owning a carbon fork so I don't know if this is normal for this area because the rest of the steerer above is flawless and there seems to be a lot going on in terms of the carbon layup here but yea there are uneven joins and tiny chips all over
Attachments
3CCFFAE9-2203-48B2-8779-43902C16F1B6.jpeg
F7466B5C-63CD-46D1-A086-4DFCABC82CFA.jpeg
B595E458-D532-4202-BC06-5F36EB86822D.jpeg

shotgun1

by shotgun1

@MrAppleSeeds

ISP Popping - I do recall hearing a pop as I tightened it. Shouldn't be an issue I think as you're using a torque wrench
Steerer on fork -first photo shows a clear cavity due to the shadow it seems to create - best to wait for your LBS's response before riding
2021 Giant TCR Advanced SL0 Disc 6.8kg
2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 7.9kg
2017 Festka Scalatore 5.375kg

Original account [shotgun]: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10594

Robius

by Robius

MrAppleSeeds wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:42 pm
While I wait for my Giant retailer to reply, what do you guys think about this area on my fork. First time owning a carbon fork so I don't know if this is normal for this area because the rest of the steerer above is flawless and there seems to be a lot going on in terms of the carbon layup here but yea there are uneven joins and tiny chips all over
That area is probably pretty thick but finishing looks really bad. Especially for a Giant fork.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

MrAppleSeeds

by MrAppleSeeds

Robius wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:50 am

That area is probably pretty thick but finishing looks really bad. Especially for a Giant fork.
My thought too when I first saw it. Found the QC sticker on the steerer ironic

naylor343

by naylor343

Liking the new colour scheme for the new Bike Exchange bikes.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1641201952010.jpg

Aeo

by Aeo

Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Nice new colors. Giant colors.

Question: can I use normal round dust cap and spacers on an Advanced 2. Stock the bike comes with "aero" stylle spacers that only truly fits Giant stems. I wonder if normal round setup works? Has anyone opened it up yet?

js

by js

I like the bike design, but whoever put that kit together should be let go for many reasons... here are eight examples.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com