New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aeo

by Aeo

If the post doesn't slip at 4 Nm, there is no reason why you should crank it up to 7 Nm. Find a lower torque that works instead of going for the maximum immediately
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

robola

by robola

Aeo wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:51 am
If the post doesn't slip at 4 Nm, there is no reason why you should crank it up to 7 Nm. Find a lower torque that works instead of going for the maximum immediately
Yep that's fair enough. I should have made it more clear - I didn't go over 7nm - (I think around 5.5-6nm and I was happy with no slippage) but perhaps even that was too much. Lesson learned.

The new clamp advises a torque range of 4.5-5.5nm which seems much more reasonable. Also providing a suggested range for torque rather than absolute max value is much better imo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Swedius

by Swedius

Got my Giant TCR Advanced Pro yesterday and am looking for a good carbon wheelset, preferrably 38-45 mm and inner width >= 21 mm. ~ 1000 €.

Zipp 303 S looks alright but I'm actually not sure about them, the PSI and weight. LBS has them in stock though. Shipping from EU countries is a priority. Hunt, Zeds I guess I can forget then? Scribe has wheelsets late May/early summer.

Any other great options? Thanks!

zirxo

by zirxo

Light bicycles has a EU warehouse they can ship from. They only stock their AR46 rims with DT 350 hubs though.

Aeo

by Aeo

Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

tarkiap

by tarkiap

Replaced Thru Axles in my TCR since the heads in my old ones were already starting to get round.
Went with The Robert Axle Project LIG511 and LIG627 which were recommended by the thru axle finder in their website.

It's not an issue for me but just a FYI, front axle is sticking couple of millimetres.
And as far as I know they don't have shorter length axles with 1.5mm thread pitch..

2022-04-08 21.31.37.jpg
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc 2021
Orbea Terra M21-D 19

Raimundo

by Raimundo

As long as the thread is not bottoming out, just file the excess off, or just leave it like that if you don't mind the looks.

It's extremely difficult to find aftermarket thru axles for the TCR's and not having to amend them...

You can always ad washers under the axle head to avoid the filing and improve the looks.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

I found Chainreaction Cycle in house brand "Prime" has a thru axle for my TCR. I only bought the rear though. Perfect fit and light weight too.

cjm

by cjm

I should be building up a new TCR disc frame soon-ish, does anyone have build tip, cable routing issues, things to look out for, or just gerneral advice?

MXM

by MXM

cjm wrote:I should be building up a new TCR disc frame soon-ish, does anyone have build tip, cable routing issues, things to look out for, or just gerneral advice?
Just be careful with the seatpost clamp and do not torque it up to 7 nm. 5 nm should be more than enough. Giant supplied the first production series with wrong seat clamps that fit poorly and can damage the frame or paint. They later updated the clamp.

It has been covered in this thread around p. 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellvetica

by hellvetica

Long time listener, first time caller. Well, I did have a Rabobank TCR some years ago so that counts? Rides just like my old TCR - fast and light. I love it.

'22 TCR Advanced SL in raw carbon (size xs)
Sram Red etap
Ultegra 8000 Pioneer dual sided
Roval CL50 w/ Veloflex Corsa 26mm
Ultegra pedals
PRO vibe stem (100) and handlebar (42) - both aloy
15.4 lb / 6.98 kg

Cemmac

by Cemmac

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/si/tcr-a ... mpact-2022

Help, can I get down this bike under 7,5kg. Wheels 500g, then not really idea.
Thank you

shotgun1

by shotgun1

Cemmac wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:06 pm

Thank you
Changing the wheeset and tires should be able to cover the 500g target.
2021 Giant TCR Advanced SL0 Disc 6.8kg
2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 7.9kg
2017 Festka Scalatore 5.375kg

Original account [shotgun]: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10594

leonlikestrees

by leonlikestrees

Cemmac wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:06 pm

Thank you
I've got a TCR advanced 1 disc, size large. 8.35kg out of the box, now 7.7 including pedals, computer mount and bottle cages (nothing weight weenie here. Es600 SPD pedals, standard gramin out front mount, and cheap decathlon plastic bottle cages)

Main things I replaced was the bars (contact ones are heavy, maybe over 300g. I put on some zipp carbon bars at 185g), bar tape (deda zero. No idea what the giant stuff weighed but it disintegrated on removal) and saddle (also heavy at 315g I think, I had an Arione 00 so another 165g saved).

Wheels and tyres saved the rest.

If I took off all the bits not included in the weigh in, I'd be under 7.5 kg.

I think the di2 is heavier than my 11spd mechanical though? Although size large bike is always heavy, so maybe you'd get that back if you ride a smaller bike.

On my bike now not many places left to save significant weight without spending a lot of money. Stem is an obvious one but I like the way the stock one integrates. Cassette is another but a lot of money to save any big weight. The. It's thinks like ti bolts etc which to be honest I can't be bothered with (on the wrong forum!)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com