New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobones

by bobones

JoeyGun13 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:38 am
Hey all! Just signed up for this forum and want to introduce myself.

I bought the Giant TCR Advanced CP2 in Unicorn White in size XS (48cm) with rim brakes last September and absolutely loving it!
Sweet looking bike! Love the bar tape and gold chain especially. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

JoeyGun13 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:38 am
Hey all! Just signed up for this forum and want to introduce myself.

I bought the Giant TCR Advanced CP2 in Unicorn White in size XS (48cm) with rim brakes last September and absolutely loving it!

Since then, I've done the following upgrades to get it from 17.86lbs (8.10kg) to 16.15 lbs (7.32kg) with the Garmin Rally RS200 SPD-SL pedals.
Welcome Joey! :beerchug:
That is a nice TCR & whits always looks good IMO

JoeyGun13

by JoeyGun13

Thanks guys! I love the bike and I do wish there are more colorful options across the TCR line. I may upgrade to an SL frame down the line. Most likely though, I'll get an Integra 12-speed di2 on this bike sometime this year.

Hoven

by Hoven

Help me!

Looking for a New bike this summer. Have found a TCR Advanced SL disc frameset in Terracotta color and a TCR advanced 2 105 complete bike in Brown color.

What I have heard and Can see the regular Advanced is the same frame all over the line just different spec, is this right or does the lower speced bikes have a lower end frame/carbon or something?

Will build it up with Force/Red Axs, Hunt wheels etc. All parts from the complete beside seatpost will be sold.

The SL looks amazing But with my size maybe a nightmare to travel with? Sits on 82.5cm and Will use a L frame. Is the ride quality that much different between the SL and regular? Weight?

The SL frameset will go for around €2600 and the complete Advanced will cost around €2100

What Do you think?

IvanZg

by IvanZg

Hoven wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:15 am
Help me!

Looking for a New bike this summer. Have found a TCR Advanced SL disc frameset in Terracotta color and a TCR advanced 2 105 complete bike in Brown color.

What I have heard and Can see the regular Advanced is the same frame all over the line just different spec, is this right or does the lower speced bikes have a lower end frame/carbon or something?

Will build it up with Force/Red Axs, Hunt wheels etc. All parts from the complete beside seatpost will be sold.

The SL looks amazing But with my size maybe a nightmare to travel with? Sits on 82.5cm and Will use a L frame. Is the ride quality that much different between the SL and regular? Weight?

The SL frameset will go for around €2600 and the complete Advanced will cost around €2100

What Do you think?
I have TCR advanced pro level frameset. I cannot tell you what is the difference in carbon layup or type but regular TCR uses 1 1/8" steerer compared to pro and sl version that use bigger diameter. Meaning you will have much less choice when it comes to stems and integrated stem/bar combos. Again cannot comment on stiffness between the tiers of the frames but the bike I own is noticeably stiffer in the rear end and less comfortable when compared with my previous colnago v2r in rim version. That being said I noticed that at very beginning. Now after few thousand km I would not want to go back to any bike that is less stiff or more comfortable. So I would not worry about comfort levels as you'll get used to it very quickly.

bobones

by bobones

The Advanced SL frame is the best Giant have to offer in terms of weight, stiffness and performance. It would always be at the back of my mind if I didn't get the best I could afford.The carbon is different and the layout is partly done by robots. The 1.25" OD2 steerer contributes to stiffness and limits stem choices, but there's still quite a few out there. I have a 2021 SL rim frame and it's an amazing bike to ride: supremely stable, comfortable and smooth, yet lively, responsive and stiff. I had doubts about the ISP, but now that I have it, it's a non-issue and I actually love it, but that may be different if I had to get it into a bike box, although with the right box, that may not actually be as hard as is made out.

Peabody

by Peabody

Does anyone know if there is an assembly manual/instructions for the Advanced Pro Disc model online somewhere?
I have been searching, but cannot seem to find one and my frameset only came with a Ride Sense user manual...
I have a good knowledge of bike repairs and perform all of my own maintenance, but this is the first bike that I have fully built from a bare frame.

Thanks

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

Peabody wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:42 pm
Does anyone know if there is an assembly manual/instructions for the Advanced Pro Disc model online somewhere?
I just built up the same frame and could not find any sort of literature. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer from what I learned on mine.

kaqpa

by kaqpa

Hi cycling maniacs,

great forum and thread. Thank you all for contribution.
I am about to purchase new bike and want to ask for your opinion. I do want light nice bike for daily region rides which I will enjoy and will upgrade for this and that.
Two options on the table atm (do not need disc brakes).

1] TCR Advanced 1+ (8.2kg in ML), with crankset upgrade I will be around 8.0kg for 3200euro
2] TCR Advanced 2 (cca 8.0kg in ML?), with wheels upgrade I will be around 7.5kg for 2800euro

What are your thoughts? I would not race, I just want to enjoy my light bike on rides with carbon 40mm wheels.

Thanks for your feedback guys, appriciate it.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

kaqpa wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:50 am
Hi cycling maniacs,

great forum and thread. Thank you all for contribution.
I am about to purchase new bike and want to ask for your opinion. I do want light nice bike for daily region rides which I will enjoy and will upgrade for this and that.
Two options on the table atm (do not need disc brakes).

1] TCR Advanced 1+ (8.2kg in ML), with crankset upgrade I will be around 8.0kg for 3200euro
2] TCR Advanced 2 (cca 8.0kg in ML?), with wheels upgrade I will be around 7.5kg for 2800euro

What are your thoughts? I would not race, I just want to enjoy my light bike on rides with carbon 40mm wheels.

Thanks for your feedback guys, appriciate it.
From the information you have provided surely no. 2 sounds like a no brainer.

The TCR Advanced 2 is a stiffer, lighter frame. The only potential downside is the need for a OD2 stem, which is less common.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I have received 1 short and 1 long seatmast with my TCR Advaced SL 2021 frame.
For my saddlehieght de short seatmast is ok.
I use to ride with zero offset seatpost.
I've read you can play with the saddle clamping platse of the Giant seat mast.
Do I turn both the lower and upper plate or only the lower?
For the long seatmast, it has two options for the lowest plate, would I have less setback with this long seatmast?

Dukem

by Dukem

I've signed up to a triathlon in May and looking to get aero on my TCR pro1 disc. Does any one have any recommendations for aero bars? (clip on ideally) Ive got 2 legs of 50km, from beach to mountain and back on very flat ground.

The only change from stock items on the bik is 28c Conti gp5000 S TR. Likely to ditch saddle for a SQlabs 612 2.1 when they come in stock in April. Any and all other recommendations welcome. Cheers

JoeyGun13

by JoeyGun13

IMG_20220208_204036_882.jpg
IMG_20220208_204028_666.jpg
Well this is annoying. The Giant OD2 stem, even though it has the 1 1/8" sleeve, is not directly compatible with the OD1 spacers from my 2021 Giant TCR Advanced 2 PC bike.

Stems are very hard to find right now, especially 90mm. Should I try getting different spacers?

What about that cover below the spacers?

bobones

by bobones

It's only the new 2021 stems (or all-in-one barstem) that fit those spacers. Either get the file out and flatten the top spacer or replace the top cover and all the spacers with standard round ones.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

The middle piece, of the steerer expansion plug, is stuck
This is the piece that expands. I am able to remove the top piece and lower conical piece falls into steerer tube, but I am unable to get the middle piece out. I tried tapping it with socket, and also tried pulling it with top cap and screw. Anyone had this issue?