Can we start populating + updating the listings again?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vadd

by Vadd

cheapvega wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:40 am
Nice work Vadd! I don't know how you could do it, but having some kind of compatibility filtering would be great. I.e. you pick any component... say a crankset... you only get frames with its corresponding bottom bracket. Or you pick tires, you only get rims/wheels that you can mount it on. Etc. I know you just started but that would be something great to include in the future. Looking forward to what you come up with, even though I think I'm out of the WW game for now lol
Thank you cheapvega! That's a feature I would LOVE to implement at some point! Although it will require having real expertise with all the bike components (somebody should actually know for sure what is compatible with what). Also, it will require an even bigger data maintenance effort. I can only hope to put my hands on this at some point.
Kona Rove 2021
Poison Chinin 2020

https://www.buildyourbike.co

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cheapvega

by cheapvega

I think we would be able to help with certain key compatibility attributes for each component. I almost want to design a star schema for it with the different relationships between each part.

Vadd

by Vadd

Ok, I've made some notes on typical compatibility pairs, i.e. which components categories are compatible with other components categories. Some pairs are just compatible without any restrictions. Some pairs are compatible depending on other factors (like rims of certain inner widths are only compatible with a certain range of tire widths).

I did this to try and grasp the whole picture of potential compatibility issues, the nature of some compatibility cases, and so on. Hopefully, this will help to understand the problem and to pick the best approach on how to implement the feature. I mean, picking the optimal data structure and understanding the business logic. God, I hope this gibberish makes sense to anyone.

Feel free to check the file and request editor access to improve it, to add the compatibility cases that you know. I will also be adding more cases if I remember any. Let's see where this will lead us.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Kona Rove 2021
Poison Chinin 2020

https://www.buildyourbike.co

poulhansen

by poulhansen

I find it essential to quickly be able to sort for f.ex. weight, product name etc.
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg